spintec I.C.C charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

How many of you have cells that temp cut.
My settings are
min temp 30C
Max temp 50C
Delta 3mV
4 Cell
Ambient Temp 20-25C
I'm charging IB4200s and everytime on every pack at least one cell will temp peak, I tried increasing max temp and decreasing min temp and lowering the delta and I still had temp peaks.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get delta peaks and not temp peaks
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default temp

I usually keep a fan on the unit to keep airflow constant.
The Integy double fan is the one i'm using ...it fits directly into the grooves of the heatsink.
Provides the best temp sensing.

I usually get very hot cells with my older (and I mean really old).

Settings usually for 4200's
are
120+ temp cutoff
6.00 to 7.00+= amp
peak = 0 or 1( I usually use zero for everything if I remember correctly)

my batts always reach temp or above at the 3rd step charge.
I usually start
step 1 with a higher charge rate
step 2 take down a notch 5.00+
step 3 goes up to usually 6.00+

works pretty good...i get very high charge rate for my batts which for the most part aren't the best.

i usually go indoors so I can't rightly say if it will improve your results but try a fan it worked wonders with all my settings.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
djw
Tech Rookie

Default max capacity

hey dutch guys, I have an issue with the latest version of the software.

it is impossible to save setting for max capacity, each time I power off and on the unit it is being set back to 6000mAh.

Could be this is on purpose, to make sure that racer who finished the day and loaded his/her battery with 500mAh just to store them for the next week would not forget to set this max capacity back to be ready fully load the pack next racing week.. might be. But I see this a bit unconfortable, since each time I power on I have to go to the settings page and set max cap to 4800 or whatever.

I think there is a solution how to overcome potential risk of overlooking wrong (low) max capacity setting by putting this parametr on the main charging screen, right next to charging time, above current, deltapeak and target temperature.

despite of this, you have done a great job with this new software release! cool
Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djw
hey dutch guys, I have an issue with the latest version of the software.

it is impossible to save setting for max capacity, each time I power off and on the unit it is being set back to 6000mAh.

Could be this is on purpose, to make sure that racer who finished the day and loaded his/her battery with 500mAh just to store them for the next week would not forget to set this max capacity back to be ready fully load the pack next racing week.. might be. But I see this a bit unconfortable, since each time I power on I have to go to the settings page and set max cap to 4800 or whatever.

I think there is a solution how to overcome potential risk of overlooking wrong (low) max capacity setting by putting this parametr on the main charging screen, right next to charging time, above current, deltapeak and target temperature.

despite of this, you have done a great job with this new software release! cool
And what if you forget your settings when you need to charge a pack for the race and the max. cap. is still at 500 or something from store charging?? You won't be happy either, that's the main reason to reset that every time I gues....
But for some suggestions you could send an mail to Erik directly...

Rob Janssen
Old 06-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just picked up one from e bay.

Problem I am having. Between 1 & 2 min. of charging it stops & states 5cel detected. I am charging a 4 cel pack.

Firmware is 1.06b.

Do I need to up date?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Version 1.07beta is out, updating would certainly eliminate a few problems, however this one... I am not exactly sure what's happened, did you put in the battery properly? Have you tried it with 6 cell?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Battery installed per instruction. Positive all the way to the left when facing charger.

Yes, tried a six cell will not start to charge the batt. Said connection problems & from what I could tell it was connected correctly.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Did you use the lock lever properly? if so, make sure you give the battery a good shift, and make sure you actually clean the tips of the probes, i remember having connection problems when i didn't!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Clean with a small file?

What do you recomend?
Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

i just wipe mine down with motor spray or electrical contact cleaner. just a quick wipe.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:05 PM
djw
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rob Janssen
And what if you forget your settings when you need to charge a pack for the race and the max. cap. is still at 500 or something from store charging?? You won't be happy either, that's the main reason to reset that every time I gues....
But for some suggestions you could send an mail to Erik directly...

Rob Janssen

Hi Rob, this is of course possible! that is why I suggest to have information on max capacity setting being displayed on the main screen, just before the charging procedure itself starts.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djw
Hi Rob, this is of course possible! that is why I suggest to have information on max capacity setting being displayed on the main screen, just before the charging procedure itself starts.
Could be an idea, you should send and explain it to Erik...!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Hey, just to put the news up:

v1.07b - 13/06/2007
- bugfix: min capacity setting did not work for values higher then 1800mAh

small bug fix for the icc
Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had this charger since it first came out and have tried to update it several times. I keep getting "response timeout" message on the upgrade tool.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

I've checked the forums for a solution but no luck.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi, i want to ask users of this charger would they recommend people to buy this charger? are most of the problems resolved? i only run 6 cell.

also what is the latest version of this charger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.