Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

So I heard back from Eric and what he has offered is to fix the burned one for 100UR or replace it with it with the new one for 200UR?

That for me is $389.00 out of pocket + tax for a charger that lasted three weeks of use, four weeks total if you count the time i was driving from the east coast to the west. $48 to send it to the Neatherlands and now without any apparent consideration of warranty another $150 to repair it or $300 to replace it?

At what point am I throwing good money after bad? Or did I already do that by shipping it to be serviced?

I have been as patient as is possible and when I sent Erik an e-mail on the 31st asking about some consideration of warranty I really expected he would get back to me and work this out.

at this point I think i will take the lesson that Spintec doesn't really care that the original charger was seriously flawed and they will not stand behind and honor the product.

Why would I want the new charger? even if every problem was resolved Nimh is the past at this point. When this first occured I had a bunch of packs and no way to figure out what was going on with them.

I went out and bought three used Turbo Matcher's that guess what? Competition Electronics still stands behind and repaired for me. Yea, it's more work having to dismantle the packs but I know they will not burn up and the company will repair them.

I really hope Spintec come to market with a lipo charger so all the bad PR they have earned by not standing behind their original charger bears fruit.

Thanks for nothing, Will
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have read the 1st page and the last two pages....I am getting this charger used for very little $$....I hope it will arrive in a working condition.

One of many things I noticed by reading just the 3 pages are complaints that it dosn't peak at voltage but at temperature. Unless it peaks prematurelly, that seems like the correct way to get the job done.

Some related reading is here: http://www.powerstream.com/NiMH.htm

I wouldn't mind in this age of lipo if the designers take it to the next level and make one robust charger again.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've given up waiting....
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

The used and abused unit I got is dead (burned circuit board under one of the transistors mounted on the large heat sink).

I noticed that two springs separated from the circuit board. It seems like a weak point of the charger.

Is there a similar product?

Only if I can find 6 cheap chargers... ;-)
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

I wouldn't worry about trying to fix your ICC, it's not worth it. Just try to get a different (better) charger second hand, maybe duratrax ice, or the ultimate, competition electronics turbo 35 gfx
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

I hear you but neither of those can charge cells individually.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

True, it is a better idea to charge cells individually, if only the ICC did that well it would've been a great charger.

I had one for a while but ruined a few cells in it just through them going to temp cutoff always, even though the voltage cutoff had been reached. Have had no issues with the turbo 35.

Gone to li-po now so no more round cells yay
Old 01-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

when you get a lipo, get a charger with in build balancer.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

I want to have a look and check my old smc 4600.
Does anyone has the last firmware for spintec icc.

I think it s 1.07b but not sure.
The site www.spintec.nl is down.