Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Depends what they mean even. And how you interpret my droop. If using Tamiya's droop guage (as I measured when I wrote down my TCS setup), you measure off the bottom of the chassis.

If your chassis is warped (as mine is), and if you set it even left to right with the Tamiya droop gauge.... then your droop is uneven if you measured droop from setup board to under the outer arms.

But, if you can set it up uneven from the droop gauge so that it reads even when you measure it from the setup board. Then this should be all right. That is how mine was done. If this makes any sense.

Adjusting with preload is setting up tweak from a tweak station. You cannot get ride height even left to right because the chassis is warped. One side will be higher than the other. So I don't know how preload comes into play with droop settings?
I use an Integy droop gauge under the chassis on a setup board, and dial the droop in so it's even on the gauge left to right.

Then I bolt the wheels back on and use a hobby knife in the middle of the chassis to lift each end of the car up. Whichever tire lifts up first, I tighten the spring preload on the diagonal shock on the opposite end of the car until the wheels come up evenly.

This works great on my S400 with little to no tweak, but on the TA05, you are correct, the ride height ends up being uneven and the difference between the shock collars left-to-right is substantial.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are basically setting tweak without a tweak station. My reference is to the chassis being tweaked or warped. Therefore you need to set droop differently pending how you measure it. I also do the lift thingy you do too. But only after my chassis is balanced left to right (front and back). Tweak is usually dead on if chassis is balanced. So I hardly mess with tweak and uneven preload.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
im sure im about to beat a dead horse...but....

thoughts on the 3racing graphite chassis? the 416C isnt looking too hot, i might have to go this route now to get a more suitable chassis :P
I would like to know also? Anybody use this?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Why not go with a TA05MS chassis (if you've already got the alloy bits there isn't much left to buy). I don't know what the 3racing chassis cost but after market parts for these cars are a bit of a hit and miss game.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I've got a strange "problem" with my TA-05-R i'm using the Tamiya Aluminium Motor Mount (53920)

The problem is that the motor mount is bended i did'nt crash very hard, strange...

Anyone has seen this before?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Where has the mount bent ? I ruined my aluminum motor mount by over tightening the motor screws, maybe you have done the same.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Skitee
Where has the mount bent ? I ruined my aluminum motor mount by over tightening the motor screws, maybe you have done the same.
It bended where you screw the motor in place... that could be a reason

Any tips on bending it back? I couden't bend it back :S
Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bending? How you guys bending it? Are you using the 1mm shim between the motor and motor mount? Pics?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Mine is a TA05R and doesn't even come with any such shim and I didn't bend anything. Is there a difference in the motor mount? I have the same part #.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you are referring to the optional blue aluminum "hop up" mount, not the standard kit mount? It probably bent when your motor was very hot transfering the heat to the mount, so to bend it back you will need to heat up the aluminum.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default speed passion gt 2.0 esc on ta05

has any one tried this on the ta05? i have seen novak gtb and lrp fit ok.. but just wondering if anyone has this setup please let me know how you like it

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

My friend bought a GT 2.0 for his TA05 but it didn't fit, he ended up putting a Sphere TC in the car.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
Why not go with a TA05MS chassis (if you've already got the alloy bits there isn't much left to buy). I don't know what the 3racing chassis cost but after market parts for these cars are a bit of a hit and miss game.
cause i dont have any of the alloy bits yet. its all plastic (minus the shock towers) i figured since its already a fairly decent chassis (from what everyone says) i should upgrade it instead of going out and getting a new one :P
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
cause i dont have any of the alloy bits yet. its all plastic (minus the shock towers) i figured since its already a fairly decent chassis (from what everyone says) i should upgrade it instead of going out and getting a new one :P
Not sure why do you want to upgrade it? Some universals are a good investment as are alloy shocks some good shock towers and alloy suspension holders but beyond that I am not sure it is anything other than bling.

My TA05R is upgraded beyond a 416WE but the upgrades cost more than the car (and more than a 416WE). The only thing I didn't buy was the blue motor mount I guess. I did it because I didn't know much about what I needed and what not and having had a short window of opportunity I bought everything (upgrades) before the car had arrived to take advantage of a good exchange rate. I can tell you, you don't need much to make it into a serious racer.

Last edited by niznai; 09-02-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Belt Tension

Hey all. I'm new to onroad and got a used TA-05 in great condition. I'm in the process of breaking it down, cleaning it, and all that jazz.

Question: how "tensioned" should the drive belts be? Currently, I'm wondering if they are too loose? Is that even possible? What would the impact of that be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.