Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me the difference in effect between the front one-way and the centre one-way? Can/should you run both?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hudsong
Never mind!!! Found my glasses.

I can't wait to see what the "R" looks like.
any more details?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

If you haven't seen this yet, you should. Blast from the past...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Freq---Awesome video man!!! Blast from the past!!! Thanks

Brant
Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Can anyone tell me the difference in effect between the front one-way and the centre one-way? Can/should you run both?
Generally, you would run the center one-way with a spool, although some are running it with a diff on carpet with good results. The regular front one-way is more suited to asphalt racing.

The principle is that a one-way allows the front wheels to rotate freely when you are off-power, giving more steering in low bite conditions. Same concept for the center one-way but to a lesser degree imho.

Running both would not be any bonus.

Some of the experts may correct me on this but I wanted you to get some sort of answer.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Freq---Awesome video man!!! Blast from the past!!! Thanks

Brant
Thanks Brant. Man, if we could only get our hands on a fleet of those old cars! What a blast that would be to see them on the track
Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FreqETag
Thanks Brant. Man, if we could only get our hands on a fleet of those old cars! What a blast that would be to see them on the track

Amen!!! I can just see me roll'n that CanAm car around the track!! LOL

Brant
Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

FreqETag:

Hi,

Great Video. I used to own one of the Can Am cars. what a blast. Thanks for posting the link.
as for a carpet setup I'm working on one now. I just want to get it right before I post it. I'll let you know.

AGP:

Hi,

look back aways through this thread. Darksied has a GTB/5800 mounted in his TA-05 tub chassis. I also had one in mine but took it out to use in another car. it's a tight fit but it can be done.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimXLB
FreqETag:

AGP:

Hi,

look back aways through this thread. Darksied has a GTB/5800 mounted in his TA-05 tub chassis. I also had one in mine but took it out to use in another car. it's a tight fit but it can be done.

Thanks
Same deal here, I ran mine at the Novak race in the 13.5 class, & did it with the GTB & 13.5 motor(plus the optional motor heat sink Novak offers, pretty cool), had no trouble fitting it in the car(only real problem was weight, with it my car was more than 6 ounces over the minimum, lol)....
Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

GrizzBob:

Hi,

Did you run rubber or foam??? I (we) didn't have cable that weekend and trying to watch anything on my phone just plain sucks (yeah, I got a somewhat cheap phone).
and I think we met at Cleveland a few years back too!!!

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I know you guys are used to seeing pics of awesome bodies, but, well ihavent got one yet, and you guys helped me out so much getting these parts, im gonna post some body-off pics. So you know it isnt completely finished. I have the rear end torn apart so i can lock the rear diff. your wondering what hop-ups:
3Racing:
Carbon fiber bumper stiffener (not in pics)
Carbon fiber front shock tower
Carbon Fiber Rear Shock tower
Carbon fiber front chasss stiffener
Carbon fiber rear chassis stiffener
Blue Alum. Steering block
Blue Alum. 2 deg rear hub carrier
Blue Alum. Front and rear shocks
Yeah Racing:
Blue Alum. front C-Hub
Blue Alum. Battery strap
Tamiya sway bar front and rear sway bar set
Topcad Blue Alum. Motor mount

And if your wondering all the spacers that go with the front and rear chassis stiffeners are, you guessed, Blue Alum
Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimXLB
GrizzBob:

Hi,

Did you run rubber or foam??? I (we) didn't have cable that weekend and trying to watch anything on my phone just plain sucks (yeah, I got a somewhat cheap phone).
and I think we met at Cleveland a few years back too!!!

Thanks
Rubber, I'm mainly a Stock Rubber kind of guy(& I just bought my 13.5 motor at the Novak, so I ran that, same rules as Stock Rubber aside from the motor). But I think you're thinking of someone else as far as Cleveland is concerned, since I've never been there(though it is one of those events I REALLY want to do one of these days), but I have been to the Novak 6 times now(& also did one of Scotty's TCS races at Trackside in '97, came up with Randy Cook & Kevin Camp)....
Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

GrizzBob:

Hi,

I wasn't sure about Cleveland. I had to ask. . I was at Scotty's in 97 and 98. I ran a Toyota GTone (I think) and it was my son's first race ever!!!!!!!!
I ran rubber back then but since have switched to foam. I love it..... but we are trying to get a Johnson class going at a local track running rubber tires. now that's fun!!!!!!!!! I just hope it stay's around.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 AM
jjl
Tech Initiate

Default help

Newb to this thread - question - putting together my TA05, and at step #19, when i attach the "rear stiffener" part K1 (which is actually in the front of the car?), the tie rod adjuster cup rubs against the underside of the stiffener on the right side (the 'scoops' molded into the stiffener), so the steering assembly can't turn right without coming into contact with the stiffener. Anyone experience this and know a fix? i don't think i put together anything wrong. seems like i have to scrape out some of the underside of the stiffener? this can't be right. anyone? thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i think i did that on the first 05 i built... check and see that the link between the two steering arms isnt backwards... you can almost see it in this pic:

clicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.