Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Let me clarify my conversation…….

Want to see Jstall exceed his original goal of 100mph. Cheering him on and he has his “Pineapple Express” Warrior body to help get there; so we’re ready to congratulate him when he does it.

Starting September 1st 2013 we’re starting our new Ipanema “Top-Speed Club” promotion.

Rules are basically very simple:
Post your new Top-Speed video runs on YouTube, using your Warrior body.
The Top 5 fastest runners for the month of September win another Warrior body for free!

The video will have to be continuous, no breaks or edits in recordings. GPS or Radar is fine and it has to be 2 Top Speed back to back passes. That’s it!

If you run the Warrior body and want another one “on the house”, get your Warriors ready for September’s “Top Speed Club” fun!

More contest information will be available on the website.
Interesting i'm in, so just to clarify,two passes for an average? or two passes highest speed.I not so smart.Cheers Chris
P.S Jstall its been a nail biter,pin that 100mph , if not for you,then for us,Lol
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Definitely, I think the maclaren may be even better. cars with long front overhang and short rear overhang have good aero. You speed guys really need to do some underbody aero, your fighting a losing battle by leaving the bottom open it just creates vacuum even with the rear cut out. Look at 1:1 speed cars. You dont want large side dams are really rear wings at all, they just slow the car down. look at prostock drag cars. Extended wings hanging off the back will work better than anything sticking up including gurney flaps which are designed for downforce by creating drag, both of which are the enemy for all out speed.

Do some research on F1 and pay attention to what they do on the bottom of the car. They spend the majority of their time and research making the bottom work properly more so than the top.
I agree with you, but that is easier said then done.If you diy a chassis for ground effects, you most likely will create a blow over machine.For the average guy and that includes me, best to blow out the back and let the air out.The Xo1 is a nice example of ground effects.Cheers Chris
P.S just to add to the F1's ,(simplified)the bottom ground effects work in conjunction with the top for down force.I rather run on the edge, least amount of down force = speed.

Last edited by ckhaber; 08-01-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ckhaber
I agree with you, but that is easier said then done.If you diy a chassis for ground effects, you most likely will create a blow over machine.For the average guy and that includes me, best to blow out the back and let the air out.The Xo1 is a nice example of ground effects.Cheers Chris
P.S just to add to the F1's ,(simplified)the bottom ground effects work in conjunction with the top for down force.I rather run on the edge, least amount of down force = speed.
I beg to differ! What you have now is basically a parachute (you ever watch a SC truck jump!!!), if you create a bottom with a rear diffuser and a couple of vents you will be fine. A properly designed difuser uses the entire bottom of the car to create a vacuum the rear is just the exit. Also i dont mean make an entire chassis just sections of on the front rear and sides to at least control the air. Yes F1 uses the top but i believe it is said that 75% of the down force is created from the bottom of the car.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to get better aerodynamics on your body, one thing i do is tuck the rear front wheel well behind the front tire and the rear front wheel well should extend out passed the rear tire.Just a thought.Chris
Old 08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

If you want to get better aerodynamics on your body, one thing i do is tuck the rear front wheel well behind the front tire and the rear front wheel well should extend out passed the rear tire.Just a thought.Chris

I have heard of that helping too.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I beg to differ! What you have now is basically a parachute (you ever watch a SC truck jump!!!), if you create a bottom with a rear diffuser and a couple of vents you will be fine. A properly designed difuser uses the entire bottom of the car to create a vacuum the rear is just the exit. Also i dont mean make an entire chassis just sections of on the front rear and sides to at least control the air. Yes F1 uses the top but i believe it is said that 75% of the down force is created from the bottom of the car.
Good point but my belief is, if you don't seal the bottom completely like the X01, your going to create turbulence inside the car ='s drag.Love to chat more off to work.Cheers Chris
Old 08-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

MP12 is coming along!! Good looking body!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Marcus
Nice work on the MP12
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Interesting i'm in, so just to clarify,two passes for an average? or two passes highest speed.I not so smart.Cheers Chris
P.S Jstall its been a nail biter,pin that 100mph , if not for you,then for us,Lol
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

I need to check into that this weekend, I'm thinking best of two runs, but I'll sleep on it, ok

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Good point but my belief is, if you don't seal the bottom completely like the X01, your going to create turbulence inside the car ='s drag.Love to chat more off to work.Cheers Chris
+1 and after watching how the XO1's go airborn its a pretty risky set-up.

But hey, if he wants to spend the money and energy to make the tooling & parts? Go for it!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCblMr7dSdU

Old 08-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

You don't want to do that, the Dm1 diffs are slow, the Gtp has the better diffs for high speed.If you own a gtv2e then i would buy the optional high speed diffs.Cheers Chris.

Thanks chris. Yesterday I burned the esc of the gtv2 (toro esc) so NOW... its going to be the best part. Im planning to buy the mamba monster combo 2200kv to start playing. Is it good for speed runs?

On my dm1im using a hobbywing esc 150amp and a 2250kv. I will try that combination alsoto see what can i get.
Thanks again for your advice and help
Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

I am not producing anything,

Thats debate able on the best high speed body, the back of the body is too high, It may be the easiest to slap on and go fast though. and since right now everyone is worried about making enough power to get there it is working, like you said before that body is designed for GT racing not high speed runs!!
Yes, I designed the Warrior for track use, but by simply removing the center section of the rear spoiler, it is transformed into an excellent top-speed run body. Low frontal area, stability and smooth lines transcend track or top-speed use.

By the way marcus, why are you here trying so hard to attack the Warrior and the opinions of those fast top-speed racers who trust using it?

Please don't get stupid insane angry at me again and don't you ever threaten me in pm's again; the Mods that bounced your lunatic partner today already have a copy of the threats he & you sent me; our attorney will have them tomorrow.

Sell you products on their actual merits and never write of our products in negative words again.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

98mph GT2 Mclaren, 109mph Warrior.Setup # 2, 80mph Mclaren 87mph Warrior with a Gopro mounted on the roof !!. Its a no brainer.I don't know anything about any Haters,but if anyone has doubts about my numbers then challenge me.Cheers Chris
Thanks Chris!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Just do it!

Crack that 100 mph barrier you've been chasing and I'll send you a new Warrior for free!

Want "scale" by a "Matchbox", wanna go fast buy a Ipanema Warrior!

Have fun!

And what could you have possibly meant by this????

Yes, I designed the Warrior for track use, but by simply removing the center section of the rear spoiler, it is transformed into an excellent top-speed run body. Low frontal area, stability and smooth lines transcend track or top-speed use.

By the way marcus, why are you here trying so hard to attack the Warrior and the opinions of those fast top-speed racers who trust using it?

Please don't get stupid insane angry at me again and don't you ever threaten me in pm's again; the Mods that bounced your lunatic partner today already have a copy of the threats he & you sent me; our attorney will have them tomorrow.

Sell you products on their actual merits and never write of our products in negative words again.
BLAH BLAH BLAH WE all know what you are trying do . Dont care if you bring attorneys into it or not , there is more than enough proof of your ignorance on the internet already. Dont forget That i have your stupid PMs to even the ones from RCfiles. PM's are Personal messages and do not stand in court, read the fine print DUUUUUH! If i recall correct you called me an idiot but that makes no difference of course. If you talked to a lawyer he would tell you exactly what i am going to tell you......STFU. I believe that you sent a PM to someone that stated that you planned on ruining GT racing in anyway possible, way to help out the community. I am in the trenches helping everyone and in the last 5 days you have managed to piss everyone off one person at a time. And if feel like threating you I will do it, your attorney and/or you dont scare me. Your not quite as intelligent as you think you are

I am done with you, you do more damage to your self than i could possibly do to you. I will no longer respond to any of your post ! enjoy life and all of it fruitfull givings!

BTW this is an OFNA GTv2 thread , not a IP warrior body thread, start your own thread for your body.

For those of you that do not know what is really going on read here, make your own judgement....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...-road-582.html

Last edited by MantisWorx; 08-01-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Now back to our regularly scheduled event, sorry for the rant guys, its been a long week with that guy!
MP12 is now decaled up!

better pix tomorrow in the sunlight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.