Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
You can count me in!!!

I have just bought my first gt car .... nigro. So looking foreward to running it. Having the Midwest series take it up would give a refreshing new class to the series..... not to say most likely many new entries to the races swell as esta pushed drivers.

BM
Check the post date on the post you quoted the Midwest series has run GT for 4 or 5 years.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Haha .... yes. I just this minute seen that too. So funny!
Sometimes I can be so blond!!
I couldn't stop laughing. Now I know I'm getting old.

BM
Old 07-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by British Menace
Haha .... yes. I just this minute seen that too. So funny!
Sometimes I can be so blond!!
I couldn't stop laughing. Now I know I'm getting old.

BM
It's all good, lol, with all of the "new GT" threads all over the forum it's easy to forget Nitro GT racing has been around for several years.

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I'd really like to run it, I nearly bought one this year but had no where to race. Better luck next year maybe. I also hear that RC pro series is also interested in it, and they're kicking off a race in Florida this year:

Our friends from Joliet started it all way back in 2006.
Thanks "Bubba Cola" & Crew!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Open Motor, Open Tire

Debate
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Debate
The reason I got out of 1/8th off road was because of the tire game. It was just too expensive to compete.
The spec tire was one of the main factors in deciding to get back into nitro again with a GT car.
The tires last a long time and if the tire rule was changed to open, then it would again be an expensive tire game which would probably scare people away, myself included.

The change to open engines scares me, but we will see how it goes.......
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Branch
The reason I got out of 1/8th off road was because of the tire game. It was just too expensive to compete.
The spec tire was one of the main factors in deciding to get back into nitro again with a GT car.
The tires last a long time and if the tire rule was changed to open, then it would again be an expensive tire game which would probably scare people away, myself included.

The change to open engines scares me, but we will see how it goes.......
Offroad takes it to a whole new level Open motor isnt as scary as it seems, most people will be running a $350 motor. The only time this becomes an issue is when somebody comes with an arsenal of motors for all types of track conditions.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Offroad takes it to a whole new level Open motor isnt as scary as it seems, most people will be running a $350 motor. The only time this becomes an issue is when somebody comes with an arsenal of motors for all types of track conditions.
This is true, but sadly, it will happen at some point lol.
The open motor rule probably won't scare me away, but having an open tire rule probably would.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Debate
There doesn’t need to be any debate.

I would suggest you go back to page #1 on this thread and learn what GT racing is supposed to be all about.

Learn how the class it started and why.

Learn how the class started with only a few guys racing, how it grew to the biggest & highest attendance level GT race ever!

Learn what happened after that race and see how racer attendance has gone down hill ever since the 2010 GTWC event.

Before any of the “young guns” of GT try to attack me for what I say here with the typical “that was then, this is now” or “deal with it”…… just ask yourselves, has the GT racing class really grown?

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?

So, save the personal attacks, just answer the two questions above.
Have fun!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Branch
This is true, but sadly, it will happen at some point lol.
The open motor rule probably won't scare me away, but having an open tire rule probably would.

Another thing.........

Why is it that the only groups of guys pushing for a "Spec" on the tires in GT racing are you sweep guys?

Last time I checked, sweep didn't do squat to start this class on page #1 of this thread, NOTHING!!

Sorry fellas, but it takes pretty big ballz to come into the class your "fav" tire brand did not start and start talking that crap.

The Ipanema GT Worlds has been the biggest GT race on earth and we let racers use what ever slick they want, Who the "F" are sweep tire guys to alienate any company?

So, answer the question, how come none of you "young guns" can get larger turnouts at your events that the 2010 Ipanema GT World Championships in Homestead did?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Sure am glad I dont run Optional Kyosho V slicks, I might cause an uproar with some guys
Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
There doesn’t need to be any debate.

I would suggest you go back to page #1 on this thread and learn what GT racing is supposed to be all about.

Learn how the class it started and why.

Learn how the class started with only a few guys racing, how it grew to the biggest & highest attendance level GT race ever!

Learn what happened after that race and see how racer attendance has gone down hill ever since the 2010 GTWC event.

Before any of the “young guns” of GT try to attack me for what I say here with the typical “that was then, this is now” or “deal with it”…… just ask yourselves, has the GT racing class really grown?

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?

So, save the personal attacks, just answer the two questions above.
Have fun!

Wow really, You answer these questions.

1. And most Important! How much drama and bull shit do you cause with your rants and raves, that has pushed people out of GT but out of Rc all together? Your like a cancer with no cure, and mental issues.

2. How many manufacturers made GT cars back then to Now?

3. How many NEW products and innovations have been developed since then?

You always end your post with HAVE FUN Well sir we that actually go to races around this country, support local racing and actually help beginners into the class with advice and true support, HAVE A TON OF FUN! Unlike yourself!

Still waiting to try your Gt325 body would be a great addition to a much needed item for the class, emailed you several times with no response, but yet you continue to do,.. well what you do best...

Have Fun O wait I guess this is your kind Fun
Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Sure am glad I dont run Optional Kyosho V slicks, I might cause an uproar with some guys
Just answer the question, no stupid wise cracks, answer the question.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC in 2010?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Wow really, You answer these questions.

1. And most Important! How much drama and bull shit do you cause with your rants and raves, that has pushed people out of GT but out of Rc all together? Your like a cancer with no cure, and mental issues.

2. How many manufacturers made GT cars back then to Now?

3. How many NEW products and innovations have been developed since then?

You always end your post with HAVE FUN Well sir we that actually go to races around this country, support local racing and actually help beginners into the class with advice and true support, HAVE A TON OF FUN! Unlike yourself!

Still waiting to try your Gt325 body would be a great addition to a much needed item for the class, emailed you several times with no response, but yet you continue to do,.. well what you do best...

Have Fun O wait I guess this is your kind Fun
That's a lot of BS flapping from your bunghole.
Don't worry about my new 325GT body, when I feel like finishing it, I will.
Hell, you haven't ever raced with my Warrior body, have you?

Just answer the question, lol

Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

That's a lot of BS flapping from your bunghole.

Just answer the question, lol

How many were from P.R.?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just answer the question, no stupid wise cracks, answer the question.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC in 2010?
Because it's 2013 not 2010!! Still living in the past things change people come and go it called EVOLUTION! You had the Golden years awesome move on! All this tire BS is that plain BS, that's why it is an Open class, run whatever you Want!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.