Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pole Position Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's not a done deal yet. After reading moe of the thread, ROAR only asked for an advisory vote from the members about if they should consider changing the length rule, & that passed. But that didn't yet actually change the rule, they just wanted the members' opinions on it. Now I have a question, I've been testing some cells from a manufacturer called Elite that I got from cheapbatterypacks.com, & they seem to run VERY strong, but someone also told me that the manufacturer is actually the same as the IP3800's(GrPow, I believe, or something like that?), & that has me a bit confused. These cells are NOT 3800's, they're 3600's(only labling on the cells says "Elite 3600SC EV118" & it mentions it's made in China), so are these really from the same manufacturer or not? If not, then I think we have a new cell that the matchers REALLY need to look into(I'm serious about how strong this pack is, it's running as strong or stronger than my 1.195V{at 30 amps}GP3700's & 1.205V IB3800's{at 35 amps} on track, doesn't seem to be lacking at ALL against either).....
Old 11-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

i tryed my IP 3800 today and they where very very strong for the full 5 minutes i run them stock in my cyclone and i was very impressed now i charged them @6 amps 50 mv and i worked great this wdensday i will try to step charge them to see any differnce.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I used the IP3800s to qualify 3rd and win the 19 Turn A main at the Ovalmasters at Sandhills. The cells are awesome!!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I purchased a few (used) packs of IP3800 and on my Pitbull X3 I am only able to get 3100 mah in them.

Any idea guys? Is there some mah left in these packs after we discharge them to 5.4 volts?

On my Pitbull I used peak detect of 48 mv and Lockout of 1000 mah and charged at 6 amps.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

The only explanation I can think of is if the batteries were mistreated. I had 1 battery IP3800 that I didn't follow Hugues-Andre's instructions and it led to low runtime. You can't deadshort these cells.

Is the voltage still high on the packs? If so, I believe that the person you bought them from deadshorted them or didn't follow proper storage instructions.