Pole Position Batteries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pole Position Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck to all racers going to Reedy Race! It looks like a great event!

It's good Pole Position has it's own thread on R/C Tech! Time to spread the word on some awesome batteries!

I have been fortunate to use Pole Position cells for the past 3 years with incredible performance. The best thing about the brand is they back up their product! I will always get pole position batteries because they care about the customer and make sure the cells are as good as the labels on the pack!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good Luck to all Pole Position Driver this week at the Reedy Race.... Make sure H-A doesn't get too much sun...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pole Position at the Reedy Race: First report

It's my first time here at the Reedy race and also at the Tamiya facility. And it is definitely the best outdoor racing facility I've seen in many years. Everything is nice and the track itself is fast and very challenging. It is so different from the usual tight indoor carpet tracks we are used to on the east coast. Well, after 2 days of practice, 8 runs for each drivers, racing will start tomorrow. As for the race itself you can have a lot of information and pictures in the Reedy race thread.... Shane from Rctech will actually produce a video of this year's race. The competition is simply unbelievable in all 3 classes and it should be a fantastic weekend of tight racing. And with announcing from Scotty Ernst, we already know it will be very exciting!

A little more about our Pole Position drivers here:

In 19T: EJ seems very fast so far with very good lap times and consistant runs. Rob Michael (from Florida) and Charlie Albrecht (from California) are also turning good laps in 19 T. But there is definitely many other very fast drivers in 19T...

In modified, Kevin Jelich (from California) is probably our more consistant driver so far in practice but he definitely need more track time with his new Corally RDX...it's only his first race with this car and Kevin race mostly in 1/12. Our other modified drivers are still working on their setup and definitely looking for more steering.

In Invitationnal... the competition is simply incredible!!! 30 of the best drivers in the world going into 8 rounds of real racing (no qualifying) for the weekend... Who was the fastest after 2 days of practice? In my opinion, the fastest racers so far are Marc Rheinard, Atsushi Hara and Masami. Although Marc was probably the most consistant through the 8 practice rounds. But there is definitely many others who could take the win on sunday! I've seen some very fast runs by Losi and Associated drivers as well. It is simply amazing to watch these guys even in practice!!! As for our drivers... we are proud to have 2 Pole Position Team drivers in this prestigious class, the 2005 ROAR National Champ, Chris Tosolini and Team Tamiya USA Jimmy Jacobson. Chris and Jimmy are both running very strong but will definitely need to improve their car setup a little. So far, I would say that Jimmy was very close to having a perfect setup and Chris was probably looking for a little more steering through most of his practices runs. Chris and Jimmy have been working very hard all weekend. Both Jimmy and Chris are pleased with their new Pole Position GP3700!! It will be a very interesting race weekend!

Our other drivers here are doing well also. And it is also very nice to meet some of the racers who are using Pole Position Batteries here on the West Coast.

Well... there would be many other interesting things to mentionned but it's time for dinner now. We'll try to keep you updated more often during the weekend. We only have internet access at the hotel and unfortunately not at the track.

Andre/ Pole Position Batteries
www.teampoleposition.com
Old 05-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Good Luck to all Pole Position Driver at the reedy race !!!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Great run by EJ. 2nd qualifyier so far. Hope he can TQ in tomorrow's last round of qualfying. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i got a pole position batt for some trades.turn out this batt is better than others nearly new match packs.

tumbs up pole position
Old 05-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default RROC

I just sat down to say that my POLE POSITION BATTERIES were bomb, big shout out to Andre' for the help it was nice to meet you and i am totally stoked about running your batts...Andre send me an email to talk about the KO GRAND PRIX i will need some batts for that ..thank you very much for your support...charlie
Old 05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Reedy race: second report

I am sorry for not doing race updates as often as I wanted. I have been busy helping guys with batteries all weekend. Just got back home yesterday night. First, I would like to congratulates the 3 winners: Craig Drescher in Invitationnal, Josh Numan in Modified and Peter Robinson in 19T. It was a fantastic weekend of racing! Although, it unfortunately didn't went very well for our Pole Position drivers. It seems like most of our drivers didn't had any luck during the weekend.

In 19T: EJ Evans qualified in 3rd place. However EJ had some handling problems with his car in the mains and finally end up in 7th place. EJ was definitely one of the 3 fastest cars in 19T all weekend and was considered by many as the fastest car on the track! Charlie Albecht also use Pole Position Batteries to qualified in 6th place and finally end up in 5th position after the triple A-Mains. Congratulations to EJ and Charlie for their A-Mains finishes!

In modified, Kevin Jelich finally end up taking the second place in the modified B-Main. With racers like Jeff Brown, Thad Garner, Derek Ferutani, Andrew Swanson and others... this was definitely a very competitive B-main. Congrats to Kevin for his performance with his new Corally RDX car. This was Kevin's first race with this car and he has very limited experience in Touring car. With a little more practice time, Kevin would have easily make the Main. Congrats Kevin!

In Invitationnal... Jimmy Jacobson end up taking the 11th position out 34 of the best drivers in the world. Jimmy actually had the 4th best finish of the 19 US drivers. With a little more luck on his side, Jimmy could have done even better! I was very impressed by Jimmy’s driving all weekend. He can definitely keep up with the current best drivers in the world, like Hara, Rheinard, Drescher and others. Jimmy, I really hope to see you in Vegas for the ICC race in a few months!!!

A few words about Pole Position Team driver Chris Tosolini, Chris's weekend should have been a lot better.... on saturday Chris was experiencing different speed controls and motor problems. For example in his 3rd round, Chris was challenging Masami for the lead when his car suddenly lost power.... His speed control went into Thermal shut down protection. This race was one of the most exciting I've seen. Chris was catching Masami for the lead after having to stop for a “stop and go” penalty for a little unintentional touch with Billy Easton early in the race. It was basically like that for the 4 rounds on saturday. Sunday was a lot better... Chris finally got speed control and motors working properly and he had 4 very good rounds on sunday with a first place, a second place, a 4th place and a 6th place. Overall, Chris finished in 18th position. But no doubt in our mind, Chris should have been up there in the Top 5. But this is racing....

I would like to thank all drivers who used Pole Position Batteries at the Reedy race. And Special thanks to EJ Evans, Charlie Albrecht, Kevin Jelich, Chris Tosolini, Jimmy Jacobson, Rob Michael, Gordie Tam, Mihai Gutuescu, Jeff Whitman and Ling Kang Tong for their good showing.

Finally I would like to thank Mr Mike Reedy of Associated/Reedy and Fred Medel and Tamiya USA for holding this special annual race. Also a special thanks to Scotty Ernst for his fantastic announcing as usual! The Reedy race is definitely the most spectacular race I've seen. See you next year!

Andre/ Pole Position Batteries
www.teampoleposition.com
Old 05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

KREATOR1- Thank you for your post. We're glad you could try one of our packs. If you want more of them, please note that you can now buy them directly on our website. We are shipping worldwide and we add this option on our website especially for racers who can't find Pole Position Batteries in their countries.

likrim- It was nice to meet you this weekend. You'll get an email soon!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pole Position Wins the MORL Race #2

This past weekend I won the 19T class in the MORL (Michigan Onroad Racing League). This series travels around the State and I'm sitting second in the points heading into the final race!

Thank you Andre for such a quality product!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

get down on it....nice win...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Can i use the Much More Zero V tray on the batts after discharging them with Spintec BatMan?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are any other racers that are using PolePosition batteries going to go to the Halloween Classic next weekend?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used Pole Position GP 3300s and 3700s to TQ 1/12 stock and mod at the ROAR region 9 Onroad champs this past weekend. Unfortunately due to some bad luck and car problems I was only able to come in 2nd in both classes.

Andre - Thanks for the great cells
Can you please send me some more sticker sheets!

Thanks,
Paul Paras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.