Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would have liked to see a bit more vertical overlap with the bulkheads, but some of these under the brace should fix that.

-Mike
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
@ ALLOYSLASH - find a set up online for 17.5 and run that. You are going to have a huge problem with weight though. The car is very light by nature and will have to fill the chassis with lead. I have switched multiple cars from a 17.5 class to VTA, not change any settings, and do very well. Dave Johnson won with one of my cars at the Southern VTA NATs in TN, then took it to Snowbirds and won also.
Thanks for the reply. Yea I run a T2'07 now and had to add alot of weight to it to be legal. After LIBERALLY reinforcing an HPI '68 Camaro with shoe goo, adding the drivers figure, I still had to make up 100+ grams. So you think that because of all the extra weight it will do good with a TC setup? EA is sponsored by XRay and he runs the same track as me, so I'll get him to let me copy his setup on his 17.5 TC car.

I started running a GT21.5 class with my '12, but my favorite class is VTA so thats what I want to run the T4 in . I've been reading this thread since it was started, from the reactions of everyone about it I have to get one.

Will the bearings in the kit have any grease in them that I'll need to clean out?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

There's no grease in Xray bearings, they're very smooth and fast right out of the box. Just built, and ran for the first time my T4 this week, I can tell you that the box setup is very soft compared to the T3/12. Although I'm no expert on VTA, I'd suggest trying the box setup first.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Thanks for the reply. Yea I run a T2'07 now and had to add alot of weight to it to be legal. After LIBERALLY reinforcing an HPI '68 Camaro with shoe goo, adding the drivers figure, I still had to make up 100+ grams. So you think that because of all the extra weight it will do good with a TC setup? EA is sponsored by XRay and he runs the same track as me, so I'll get him to let me copy his setup on his 17.5 TC car.

I started running a GT21.5 class with my '12, but my favorite class is VTA so thats what I want to run the T4 in . I've been reading this thread since it was started, from the reactions of everyone about it I have to get one.

Will the bearings in the kit have any grease in them that I'll need to clean out?
I agree w/ what Adam told you. From there, try testing with 1 or 2000 in the rear diff and dropping the inner roll centers 1mm in all 4 corners.

i did this on my 17.5 car this past weekend and the car felt really good, for the track i was at.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash

Not sure if u know my face but we race together . The car is great I think u will be happy with it ,except for the fact of trying to find room for that 200g of weight lol . Come by my pit Sunday I know of a few places to hide some weight... I would be willing to bet box stock will go great in vta cause of the 170g of added weight . Fyi I never have reinforced my vta body's ... but I will give u a piece of foam to use as ur front bumper that can be trimmed to fit snugly to inside of body . This made a big difference with my vta's handling
Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

I'm sure I'd recognize your face, I'm just terrible with names. I bought 2 pitspots against the wall at the table thats under the announcer's booth. if you see me and I haven't came by holler at me. Have you done anything to your bumper on your T4 to prevent breaking the chassis? I'm thinking about getting that DD brace so I'll be protected. I'd like to have the XRay one because its 3.5mm and the DD is 3mm, but don't know how long it'll be til it comes to market
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just used the standoffs from the 2012 and that's it no problems yet . How much did ur pit cost?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Just make sure you oil the kit bearings!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I just used the standoffs from the 2012 and that's it no problems yet . How much did ur pit cost?
I bought both spots against the wall for $150 for my son and I. I just got tired of wondering where we was going to pit. Now we'll have good spots at all the big races as long as I let them know I'm coming. I think there is 2 more spots available behind the drivers stand.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Just make sure you oil the kit bearings!
I'm real OCD when it comes to things like that. I COMPLETELY tear my cars down after each race for a 100% cleaning, inspection, and reassembly. I spray the bearings out with nitro cleaner and re-oil with EPIC blue bearing oil.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you pay for pit spots?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rescue119
you pay for pit spots?
I have heard about this before, and tried to get our local track to do it once (he decided just to let us leave a pit towel down). I would gladly pay to know for a fact I am sitting in the same spot every week, or race day especially if friends or people I like are near by. It saves guess work, and if you trust the place you race on a regular basis you can leave certain things set up to save time and space in your pit bag. There is an off road track near me that rents pit rooms, and from what I here they are like office cubicals that lock. I think it is an awesome idea.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

ZZracing Titanium Screw Set For Xray T4
http://www.zzracing.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=317

Titanium alloy turnbuckle set for Xray T2 T3 T4(6Pcs)
http://www.zzracing.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=322
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam B
I have heard about this before, and tried to get our local track to do it once (he decided just to let us leave a pit towel down). I would gladly pay to know for a fact I am sitting in the same spot every week, or race day especially if friends or people I like are near by. It saves guess work, and if you trust the place you race on a regular basis you can leave certain things set up to save time and space in your pit bag. There is an off road track near me that rents pit rooms, and from what I here they are like office cubicals that lock. I think it is an awesome idea.
never heard of that idea... must be an american thing

guess we are more trusting here. and I pit beside whoever because we all get along ...for the most part lol
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

One of the tracks I go to has private team pit rooms and a VIP pit area for monthly/yearly members. There are pros and cons to this though. On the pro side, it's nice to have a reserved spot next to people you know and teams can try out things away from prying eyes, but on the con side, new people are less likely to get help from the experts, simply because most of the experts are pitting in a different area. It's also just not as welcoming as common pits where everyone has the same kind of pit space and fully sponsored racers are pitting with everyone else. I think a single common pit area provides a better overall atmosphere.

As for simply reserving a spot. I'm ok with that. I wouldn't leave all of my stuff at the track though, mainly just because I go to three different tracks.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...The T4 kit setup works amazingly well in medium to high traction conditions. Mine won her first trophy race earlier this month with almost an entirely kit setup. It was my first ever A-main 1st place, in a trophy race. Needless to say, I love the car.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You do not have to pay for pit spots at Thunder (my home track and the track Alloy is talking about). We had shitty pit tables at the track when we built our subfloor last year. There were 6 guys that went in an paid for the subfloor out of our pocket so that we would have a nice place to race. The condition with the track owner was that we were going to build us or own nice pit tables. he was OK with that. Well after everyone seen ours they all started getting 4 people together and building their own (4 spots per table 4x8). Eventually we filled up our whole On road room with new pits and each racer that paid for the spot has that spot on days he is there. He cant leave his stuff there all week and if they are not there one weekend the spot is open game. It was just a situation that we wanted nicer pits and the track owner doesnt spend any money on the place (Evident since we also had to pay for the track build and he bought the carpet)so we built our on since we spend a lot of time there.

Attached is one of our tables. It even has a built in tire truing area with vacuum, built in power supplies for the table (50amp per side and 30 amp for Tire truing) and banana jacks for hooking up.

Just talked to Dirla. The money he collected from the tables went back to the person that actually bought and built the last few tables for him.

EA
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-pitspot.jpg  

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 12-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.