Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Personally a inline 10.5 blinky setup on a European style track.. would be really helpful
I have never run inline and probably never will. For a European layout I would use the Altered Ego kit. This is what i would start with.

.55 fronts
.402 kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims forward
-.5 degree camber
long arm
shock all the way forward
batter forward/middle
white center
white sides just touching

magenta front 41mm
pink rear 42mm
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Max K
I have never run inline and probably never will. For a European layout I would use the Altered Ego kit. This is what i would start with.

.55 fronts
.402 kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims forward
-.5 degree camber
long arm
batter forward/middle
white center

magenta front 41mm
pink rear 42mm
Thanks

.55 smoothen out the steering? due to long arms ( maybe over thinking a little here )

Plan to run Alter Ego just wanted to actually get a feel for an inline setup aka kit design. Hearing that people are going back to Xi or running using Alter Ego guess there is a reason ..

Other notes the use of CRC33401 on the left of the rear pod stiffening up the rear pod is this a popular tweak?

Another note is the use of shims to raise lower half of the shock, anything from .3mm to 3.5mm
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Thanks

.55 smoothen out the steering? due to long arms ( maybe over thinking a little here )

Plan to run Alter Ego just wanted to actually get a feel for an inline setup aka kit design. Hearing that people are going back to Xi or running using Alter Ego guess there is a reason ..

Other notes the use of CRC33401 on the left of the rear pod stiffening up the rear pod is this a popular tweak?

Another note is the use of shims to raise lower half of the shock, anything from .3mm to 3.5mm
Long arms are meant to smooth out the steering. 55 fronts are to take the initial turn in out to make the car easier to drive. Yes the Altered Ego kit is the best car I have ever run. Thanks to a lot of testing from Dave Ehrlich and I, we made this very stable and easy to drive car. To run the long arm on the new car you have to run the servo in the original position or run the Airtronics servo and grind the case a little, the caster block and the h brace. Also you have to cut the h-brace in half if you want to run it with the servo up front. At snowbirds I ran servo in the original position and angled up. Ive always liked the feeling of an angled servo.

I just ran the standard left pod on the car and it works perfectly. Assemble your rear pod and make sure it isn't tweaked. Then attach it to the main chassis.

As for the shimming of the shock I usually run 2mm under the front. A flatter shock gives you more on power steering. Higher gives you less on power steering.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

what kind of setup are you looking for and for which car?
I was looking for set-up for the XTi at this time... down the road... maybe an alter ego
Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sometimes I get stuck on an idea. Well this happened this time... yeah I know it's not Xti and I need to remove some more material from my custom shock mount... but it is a CRC and it's you guys who would think it was cool.

http://i.imgur.com/o9zzF1j.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got a chance to race my XTi this weekend, this was only my 3rd time getting to run the car, the car ran pretty good, still working on a setup for my driving style, but so far I have had 2 rear lower pod plates to break from light taps, this is something I never had happen with my GenXL and it had a lot more races and crashes on it, the car has a lot of steering which I like, but seems to be more fragile. Ive seen several other post about the pod plate breaking is there any solution to help with this issue?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default altered ego - short pod or long one

Max,
Do you prefer the short XTI pod on your altered ego? Or do you run with the newer version longer altered ego pod?

.55 fronts
.402 kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims forward
-.5 degree camber
long arm
batter forward/middle
white center

magenta front 41mm
pink rear 42mm
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vafactor
Max,
Do you prefer the short XTI pod on your altered ego? Or do you run with the newer version longer altered ego pod?
For mod I use the altered ego rear pod. For spec I ran the altered ego chassis with the short xti rear pod.
traumajunkie likes this.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
Got a chance to race my XTi this weekend, this was only my 3rd time getting to run the car, the car ran pretty good, still working on a setup for my driving style, but so far I have had 2 rear lower pod plates to break from light taps, this is something I never had happen with my GenXL and it had a lot more races and crashes on it, the car has a lot of steering which I like, but seems to be more fragile. Ive seen several other post about the pod plate breaking is there any solution to help with this issue?
Thanks in advance
In concerns to the rear pod......Ya theres a few of us that this is happening too.....i havent really heard of any solution yet?.......mine too seem to break from a lite crash but ...these cars are meant to stay on the carpet and not hit anything so it might just be that we need to stay off the boards lol
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I found a good source for the Sanwa SRG-HR. Took only 10 days to get here from Poland and shipping was cheap.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

I keep hearing that a heftier rear pod plate is what's available, I'm on number three and see no change to material or workmanship? Perhaps my latest is just old inventory? Has anyone seen a new and improved rear pod plate?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is it worth changing the plastic standoff for the xl version ?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hi all - not sure if this is the 100% correct thread, but I'll ask anyways

has anyone use the conversion kit to take a gen-xl to the gen-xi specs?? If so, did it make your car better??

I need to get a new chassis for my gen-xl, saw this and it has me curious

thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

55 fronts are to take the initial turn in out
You ran stiffer springs to reduce initial bite? I'll be taking that one with a pinch of salt as I have always found a harder front (spring or tyre) to sharpen up the initial response but give less mid corner...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

To remove the Initial Turn in run less toe out and if you need less still have a little preload on the front springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.