Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I need the part number for the correct front brace.

I purchased based on the CRC web site, as it is says that it will fit all 1/12th cars, the 3278 (long) and it is to short.
The only brace that fits the Xti is the 3276. When it says long, it is referring to the fact that it works with the long arms. This makes the brace shorter. Here's how their site describes it.

3278 - Graphite Front End Brace - Gen-X, XL, Xi - Long arm
SKU: 3278

Strengthen and brace the front end on the CRC Pro Strut Front End. This part is for short upper A-arm. Fits all Gen-X 12th cars. Complete with screws. Braces, aligns and strengthens the front end. ** This is the shorter carbon piece for the longer A-arm. **

AWD
Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
The only brace that fits the Xti is the 3276. When it says long, it is referring to the fact that it works with the long arms. This makes the brace shorter. Here's how their site describes it.

3278 - Graphite Front End Brace - Gen-X, XL, Xi - Long arm
SKU: 3278

Strengthen and brace the front end on the CRC Pro Strut Front End. This part is for short upper A-arm. Fits all Gen-X 12th cars. Complete with screws. Braces, aligns and strengthens the front end. ** This is the shorter carbon piece for the longer A-arm. **

AWD
Thanks....
Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Finally got my Xti out on the track for the first time today...unfortunately track conditions were not good and the car was super loose with the stock setup. The back end stepped out on the back straight and went into a wall breaking the lower pod plate and one of the side links Fortunately I still had my Xi setup for loose conditions and had electronics in it so I finished off the day with my Xi.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Champion

Why did you guys went for a xti rather than another car?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

I bought a used xi and was wondering if there are any benefits over running the long upper arm over the stock and if so what are the part#'s to change it over? Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quinnfrazier
I bought a used xi and was wondering if there are any benefits over running the long upper arm over the stock and if so what are the part#'s to change it over? Thanks in advance
it's purely a feel and driver preference thing. the longer front arms are less agressive and the driving feel is smoother. Some guys (me included) prefer a smoother driving car. Others want the maximum steering agression that they can get. That is provided by the standard short arm setup (mostly because of the higher camber gain, but also because of roll center differences). If you want to switch over to the long arm setup, you'll need the graphite front brace (that moves the caster blocks inboard and also raises them up slightly), along with the revised upper arms (that have a second set of holes to receive the upper arm's hingepin). That's all you need. It's an easy and relatively inexpensive conversion.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by quinnfrazier
hey quinn mrh has the parts a 5 min conversion you can do in the pits.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gotta let her go guys. Take a peek. Happy new years!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11622964
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Why did you guys went for a xti rather than another car?
Reminded me of my old EV10 pan car My favorite pan car ever Ever since then I've liked the in-line battery configuration best.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the EV10, Lonny still has his... I don't know why but the shape of the chassis plate always reminded me of Space Invaders.

sorry if I ruined it for you and will never look at it the same again.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

What can I do to get the car to stop pushing like a dump truck the last 2 mins of the run... it is great the first 5 mins then I get a little push then the last 2 mins it gets really bad.

My guess is put the sauce on longer???

running white side and center spring, and .45 in the front. 30 in the center. RH is 3.5 in front and rear 3.3 in the center. droop 1mm. snag .5.... Front tires med, rear soft. 1.67 on rear and 1.63 on fronts....
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

I would switch to a harder front tire and sauce more for longer, just what I have been told.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I would switch to a harder front tire and sauce more for longer, just what I have been told.
Why??
E
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

In my experience a harder front tire with more sauce lasts longer in its feel as it doesn't burn through the sauced layer as fast, having tried to fix the same problem with just more sauce on the same front tire made my car twitchy and I had to turn down steering throw.

Anyway, my $0.02,
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DesertRat
In my experience a harder front tire with more sauce lasts longer in its feel as it doesn't burn through the sauced layer as fast, having tried to fix the same problem with just more sauce on the same front tire made my car twitchy and I had to turn down steering throw.

Anyway, my $0.02,
I would agree with that... When I sauced the full tire, I had to wait on the car for the first couple of mins... It was very twitchy.... I did not think of trying a harder tire... Many thanks.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.