Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob
Care to share your setup or one that's relatively close to yours?
Sure.

I make minor changes to this basic setup, for different layout, tires, etc
But rarely veer to far away from the base

To be honest, I've never had a t-roll issue with a BD7
The Alu chassis is just easier to drive for my pan car style
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-bd714_specgt.jpg  

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 01-14-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Well - the angle of the steering link is what makes the "interesting" difference, the steering angle as a function of the servo input will be different with different servo arms and I'm not just talking longer arm => more throw. It's funny how people love to talk about 0.5mm of shim here and a quarter degree of camber there but oversee that one! Simple geometrics, really, dude
If you understood geometry as you claim you'd realise the fallacy of your own argument.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Sure.

What happens if you run Jaco blues or the Gravity tires? I agree re: traction roll if you run Sorex, but my experiences are far different with Jaco Blues, especially after the first run on a new set.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thank you for all the input guys...
and RedBullFiXX for sharing your setup.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Where have you seen setup sheets from DHI? Just curious - would like to check them out.
Have not seen any setup sheet. But I was driving there
Old 01-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sure.

Appreciate that, thanks.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
If you understood geometry as you claim you'd realise the fallacy of your own argument.
Please stop.

Lonestar is actually correct. The resolution of the steering input changes with different length servo horns.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

no worries - my key takeout is that noone uses this as a tuning aid, which is perfectly fine with me
Old 01-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
I know some people feel they are empowered on the internet. But I've noticed you generally are a smart ass on every chat room. And feel you have to put your opinion on everyone's questions. Just the other day I seen your post when someone asked in one of those "what car to buy threads". Your first words were basically calling him a dumb ass for asking. I can beat you with nearly any chassis from 2002 on. If you think you have to be an ass. Just don't respind to people's "stupid" questions.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

What happens if you run Jaco blues or the Gravity tires? I agree re: traction roll if you run Sorex, but my experiences are far different with Jaco Blues, especially after the first run on a new set.
For me the gravity tires have the least side grip of any spec tires I have tested

Have not tried Jaco Spec in over a year, they used to be quite hard, I believe the new vers is much softer ?

i like the RIDE Rex30 ETS tire
But track owner will always have us on Sweep QTS32 for a spec tire

And remember folks
The "ignore" feature is very helpful here
Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Ran the 2014 BD7 with the aluminum chassis last weekend at WCICS Round 5 IROCC Victoria race with over 230 entries, car was quick and easy to drive. Tires were the Sweep QTS 32 and I ran Hardman's setup found here:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...eGate20141026/

Try it out!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

For me the gravity tires have the least side grip of any spec tires I have tested

Have not tried Jaco Spec in over a year, they used to be quite hard, I believe the new vers is much softer ?

i like the RIDE Rex30 ETS tire
But track owner will always have us on Sweep QTS32 for a spec tire

And remember folks
The "ignore" feature is very helpful here
Yep, new version is much softer. When I run Hardman's setup here at 5280 with new Jaco Blues, the inside rear will unweight and lift in a rather aggressive fashion. If I drive really smooth the car stays relatively level, but my driving style doesn't necessarily mesh well with that trait...

If I make changes to reduce grip and loosen the car up it helps, but I think that if traction was much higher (cough, snowbirds) the car would be traction rolling left and right. Sadly, I don't think the 2015 aluminum chassis will be available prior to Birds, so I will need to figure out some other setup changes to make it work.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Yep, new version is much softer. When I run Hardman's setup here at 5280 with new Jaco Blues, the inside rear will unweight and lift in a rather aggressive fashion. If I drive really smooth the car stays relatively level, but my driving style doesn't necessarily mesh well with that trait...

If I make changes to reduce grip and loosen the car up it helps, but I think that if traction was much higher (cough, snowbirds) the car would be traction rolling left and right. Sadly, I don't think the 2015 aluminum chassis will be available prior to Birds, so I will need to figure out some other setup changes to make it work.
What's your setup ?
Old 01-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well i ran my 2015 in rubber touring this past weekend for the first time! wow the car is awesome! few small changes to keep it planted on high bite carpet. But a huge improvment over the tc6.1 i was running! as far as tires go i ran some sweep true blu 32's and some jacos back to back i feel the sweep had much better grip and felt more consistant through the whole race!

i have a BD7RS that i also run in usgt class. I put a arrow maxx chassis on it to make it stiffer and am very impressed with how it works!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, on my BD7 2015 the front stearing end bell seems to have a little play in it, it almost "tweaks" when the servo turns full lock left and right. It sort of rocks rocks, I've tried shims etc to try hold it in place more but it still rocks slightly. I end up with almost a degree of toe in our out based on this play when the car is sitting on my setup station. Is this an issue of over tightening or has someone else experienced the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.