Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
According to my local hobby shop it's limited edition just not sure how many kits will be made. They only received 10 kits and won't be getting any more. If you want one bad just pay the extra shipping and get one now
I bought 2 kits
Well that's just greedy
Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Not too long ago, after having my first set of Yokomo DCJ shafts fail on me during competitive racing, I decided to scrap the whole DCJ scene and go back to what was working before; which was to use the standard CVD's. Keep in mind that this occurred using a modified motor, and I had taken the time to lube and locktite the shafts as suggested by users with previous experience within this thread.

The other night I got around to repairing the shaft that 'failed' on me with the repair kits available, and again applied lube and locktite where appropriate to enhance the durability and efficiency of these shafts. Overall had a great day of practice today, the car was dialled in and I was really pushing hard because the car allowed me to - until one of these shafts failed on me yet again entering the first corner under extensive breaking.

So my question is, how on earth are these shafts meant to combat such vast forces generated from the front diff in these situations, if they just can't cope? Explain the correct way to maintain these shafts if I'm at fault here, or if they're not worth running at all with these powerful motors. I've read of people using various other brands of DCJ, but no clear answers on what works best with modified motors.. I really don't want to keep having to repair these every time I go to use them.

From what I've read Roche DCJ seems to be the way to go, maybe I'll repair these ones and throw them in the rear. Odds are they'll just fall apart again So which ones are best, and what am I doing wrong here..? Maybe I'll just stick with CVD's, but I love the smoothness and feel of these shafts.

Thankyou for your time,
Bill
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

just ordered bd7 2014 black edition.

just wondering where do you guys order your parts from?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bill K
Hey guys,

Not too long ago, after having my first set of Yokomo DCJ shafts fail on me during competitive racing, I decided to scrap the whole DCJ scene and go back to what was working before; which was to use the standard CVD's. Keep in mind that this occurred using a modified motor, and I had taken the time to lube and locktite the shafts as suggested by users with previous experience within this thread.

The other night I got around to repairing the shaft that 'failed' on me with the repair kits available, and again applied lube and locktite where appropriate to enhance the durability and efficiency of these shafts. Overall had a great day of practice today, the car was dialled in and I was really pushing hard because the car allowed me to - until one of these shafts failed on me yet again entering the first corner under extensive breaking.

So my question is, how on earth are these shafts meant to combat such vast forces generated from the front diff in these situations, if they just can't cope? Explain the correct way to maintain these shafts if I'm at fault here, or if they're not worth running at all with these powerful motors. I've read of people using various other brands of DCJ, but no clear answers on what works best with modified motors.. I really don't want to keep having to repair these every time I go to use them.

From what I've read Roche DCJ seems to be the way to go, maybe I'll repair these ones and throw them in the rear. Odds are they'll just fall apart again So which ones are best, and what am I doing wrong here..? Maybe I'll just stick with CVD's, but I love the smoothness and feel of these shafts.

Thankyou for your time,
Bill
Because of this, I went for the Roche solution.
Spec-R should be good as well.

When using the front DCJ's at the rear, will it fit? Because the rear needs a shorter one?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mister-E
Because of this, I went for the Roche solution.
Spec-R should be good as well.

When using the front DCJ's at the rear, will it fit? Because the rear needs a shorter one?
Well, apart from the many who run the blue anodized aluminium bones in the rear, I have seen photographs of the brown DCJ in the rear, and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle. I understand though how they are meant to be 5mm shorter on the rear, I guess I'll have to find out the hard way.

Can you clarify if the Roche shafts are held together by set screws like the Yokomo ones? Or are they similar in design to the 3racing SSK shafts with just the cover and clip?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, apart from the many who run the blue anodized aluminium bones in the rear, I have seen photographs of the brown DCJ in the rear, and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle. I understand though how they are meant to be 5mm shorter on the rear, I guess I'll have to find out the hard way.

Can you clarify if the Roche shafts are held together by set screws like the Yokomo ones? Or are they similar in design to the 3racing SSK shafts with just the cover and clip?

Thanks
I have run the roche version for the last 3 races in mod and haven't had a single problem. They are held with a clip
Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

... and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle….

Yokomo sell a front and a rear DCJ as separate items. The bones are a different length, but the front one may fit, I haven't tried it.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bill k yokomo just released new dcj with c clips might want to wait for those as I'm sure they will be a lot stronger.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-image.jpg

Problem solved !
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XSLR8
Attachment 1149237

Problem solved !
Thanks guys, I'll have to look into these new Yokomo ones. I'll also shop around for those Roche shafts aswell.

Cheers.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My son has been using the spec-r ones for ages without any problems and they are cheap too.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone in the USA ordered from Europe before? Just curious if you had to pay the tax on stuff.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Finished up my 2014. Really pumped to run this thing next week!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Noiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Honeymoon over with the T4 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.