Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Like Tree6Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Reply

Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 PM
  #3301  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
pullstarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Capital Hill
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cyba888 View Post
According to my local hobby shop it's limited edition just not sure how many kits will be made. They only received 10 kits and won't be getting any more. If you want one bad just pay the extra shipping and get one now
I bought 2 kits
Well that's just greedy
pullstarter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 AM
  #3302  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Bill K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

Not too long ago, after having my first set of Yokomo DCJ shafts fail on me during competitive racing, I decided to scrap the whole DCJ scene and go back to what was working before; which was to use the standard CVD's. Keep in mind that this occurred using a modified motor, and I had taken the time to lube and locktite the shafts as suggested by users with previous experience within this thread.

The other night I got around to repairing the shaft that 'failed' on me with the repair kits available, and again applied lube and locktite where appropriate to enhance the durability and efficiency of these shafts. Overall had a great day of practice today, the car was dialled in and I was really pushing hard because the car allowed me to - until one of these shafts failed on me yet again entering the first corner under extensive breaking.

So my question is, how on earth are these shafts meant to combat such vast forces generated from the front diff in these situations, if they just can't cope? Explain the correct way to maintain these shafts if I'm at fault here, or if they're not worth running at all with these powerful motors. I've read of people using various other brands of DCJ, but no clear answers on what works best with modified motors.. I really don't want to keep having to repair these every time I go to use them.

From what I've read Roche DCJ seems to be the way to go, maybe I'll repair these ones and throw them in the rear. Odds are they'll just fall apart again So which ones are best, and what am I doing wrong here..? Maybe I'll just stick with CVD's, but I love the smoothness and feel of these shafts.

Thankyou for your time,
Bill
Bill K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 AM
  #3303  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
joms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 63
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

just ordered bd7 2014 black edition.

just wondering where do you guys order your parts from?
joms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 AM
  #3304  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mister-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Amsterdam/Jakarta/Dubai
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Hey guys,

Not too long ago, after having my first set of Yokomo DCJ shafts fail on me during competitive racing, I decided to scrap the whole DCJ scene and go back to what was working before; which was to use the standard CVD's. Keep in mind that this occurred using a modified motor, and I had taken the time to lube and locktite the shafts as suggested by users with previous experience within this thread.

The other night I got around to repairing the shaft that 'failed' on me with the repair kits available, and again applied lube and locktite where appropriate to enhance the durability and efficiency of these shafts. Overall had a great day of practice today, the car was dialled in and I was really pushing hard because the car allowed me to - until one of these shafts failed on me yet again entering the first corner under extensive breaking.

So my question is, how on earth are these shafts meant to combat such vast forces generated from the front diff in these situations, if they just can't cope? Explain the correct way to maintain these shafts if I'm at fault here, or if they're not worth running at all with these powerful motors. I've read of people using various other brands of DCJ, but no clear answers on what works best with modified motors.. I really don't want to keep having to repair these every time I go to use them.

From what I've read Roche DCJ seems to be the way to go, maybe I'll repair these ones and throw them in the rear. Odds are they'll just fall apart again So which ones are best, and what am I doing wrong here..? Maybe I'll just stick with CVD's, but I love the smoothness and feel of these shafts.

Thankyou for your time,
Bill
Because of this, I went for the Roche solution.
Spec-R should be good as well.

When using the front DCJ's at the rear, will it fit? Because the rear needs a shorter one?
Mister-E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:27 AM
  #3305  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Bill K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mister-E View Post
Because of this, I went for the Roche solution.
Spec-R should be good as well.

When using the front DCJ's at the rear, will it fit? Because the rear needs a shorter one?
Well, apart from the many who run the blue anodized aluminium bones in the rear, I have seen photographs of the brown DCJ in the rear, and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle. I understand though how they are meant to be 5mm shorter on the rear, I guess I'll have to find out the hard way.

Can you clarify if the Roche shafts are held together by set screws like the Yokomo ones? Or are they similar in design to the 3racing SSK shafts with just the cover and clip?

Thanks
Bill K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 AM
  #3306  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Well, apart from the many who run the blue anodized aluminium bones in the rear, I have seen photographs of the brown DCJ in the rear, and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle. I understand though how they are meant to be 5mm shorter on the rear, I guess I'll have to find out the hard way.

Can you clarify if the Roche shafts are held together by set screws like the Yokomo ones? Or are they similar in design to the 3racing SSK shafts with just the cover and clip?

Thanks
I have run the roche version for the last 3 races in mod and haven't had a single problem. They are held with a clip
Donny Banks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  #3307  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
... and I don't see anyone selling separate pieces for both the front and rear of the vehicle….

Yokomo sell a front and a rear DCJ as separate items. The bones are a different length, but the front one may fit, I haven't tried it.
cyclonetog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
  #3308  
Tech Fanatic
 
cyba888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Taipei
Posts: 988
Default

Bill k yokomo just released new dcj with c clips might want to wait for those as I'm sure they will be a lot stronger.
cyba888 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
  #3309  
Tech Apprentice
 
XSLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 99
Default

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-image.jpg

Problem solved !
XSLR8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
  #3310  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Bill K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XSLR8 View Post
Attachment 1149237

Problem solved !
Thanks guys, I'll have to look into these new Yokomo ones. I'll also shop around for those Roche shafts aswell.

Cheers.
Bill K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
  #3311  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
12scale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My son has been using the spec-r ones for ages without any problems and they are cheap too.
12scale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 PM
  #3312  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone in the USA ordered from Europe before? Just curious if you had to pay the tax on stuff.
JimmyMac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:16 AM
  #3313  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Finished up my 2014. Really pumped to run this thing next week!
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:50 AM
  #3314  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
pullstarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Capital Hill
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Finished up my 2014. Really pumped to run this thing next week!
Noiiiiiiiiiiiice!
pullstarter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM
  #3315  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Finished up my 2014. Really pumped to run this thing next week!
Honeymoon over with the T4 ?
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service