Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
looking good eunique
guess you couldn't find the screws that came with the bulkhead?
Not yet, I haven't found them yet.
...been busy getting settled in at the new place...everything still in boxes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Went for little practice runs at the LHS carpet drift track today...had to do some adjustments....rear felt loose again due to added weight of the new components. Switched the gold springs to the rear and put on reds up front...
After that...it felt way better going around the track...didn't feel all over the place anymore. Still need to tweak the shock mounting positions too probably
I think I'm going to start setting up my new shocks without the slow rebound mod and see how that goes.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eunique
Went for little practice runs at the LHS carpet drift track today...had to do some adjustments....rear felt loose again due to added weight of the new components. Switched the gold springs to the rear and put on reds up front...
After that...it felt way better going around the track...didn't feel all over the place anymore. Still need to tweak the shock mounting positions too probably
I think I'm going to start setting up my new shocks without the slow rebound mod and see how that goes.
I see you drift at Sheldons! Will you be there for the whole day ?Can I try your Sakura D3 and see how it compares to my Sprint 2.

BTW How much are the hop ups for the D3, at least how much did it cost to get it to the condition that you have yours in?

Anyone else know if the D3 is an upgrade to the Sprint 2, or is it more of a sidegrade.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Not yet, I haven't found them yet.
...been busy getting settled in at the new place...everything still in boxes
I've ordered some Speed Mind (#HF4340)4-40x3/4 Titan.Countersink, Hex-Socket Screw will see if they fit the bulkhead and let you know?

Originally Posted by amuffin
I see you drift at Sheldons! Will you be there for the whole day ?Can I try your Sakura D3 and see how it compares to my Sprint 2.

BTW How much are the hop ups for the D3, at least how much did it cost to get it to the condition that you have yours in?

Anyone else know if the D3 is an upgrade to the Sprint 2, or is it more of a sidegrade.
Hpi and Sakura are two different beasts. your sprint 2 is 50/50 unless you've modded it? while the D3 is CS 2.14. I think you'll be spinning in circles. Altogether with the kit and hop ups it's around $450 - $500 so you end up with a top end chassis for far less than a top end chassis
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by amuffin

Sure, next time you see me out there, just hit me up...you can try it out.
Pickled was right about 50/50 vs CS drifting..different animals....with that said...I do like CS now better than 50/50, so I have converted my Sakura Zero S to counter steer (used to be 50/50 drifter).

Thanks pickled for answering the estimate on the expenses for the full hop up D3.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

I've ordered some Speed Mind (#HF4340)4-40x3/4 Titan.Countersink, Hex-Socket Screw will see if they fit the bulkhead and let you know?
Thanks for looking into that..keep me posted.

Oh that note, I found the screws today and have them installed....oh and I finally got started on my KPI mod.
Thank you pickled for all the help in heading that project
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Oh that note, I found the screws today and have them installed....oh and I finally got started on my KPI mod.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

looks good so far tell me what you think. I got to show off my chassis today at my LHS there where ooos and arrghs I think I heard lol
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Got my one way today, so going to build my chassis over this week , can't wait lol
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Sweet! Yesterday at my LHS, there was another guy with a D3 practicing with the original chassis...
He liked and was checking out mine...but I didn't have the KPI yet at the time. He said he's been checking out these forums....but hasn't posted yet. He's had his D3 for 3 weeks, I think.

Aaargs? What we're the aaargs for?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Pickled, I can't wait to have a go at my LHS to try out the KPI mod...but I can see the difference already when I turn the wheels as its going through its turning radius.
How long of a screw did you use through the yokomo arm going through the shock tower?
12mm was the longest button head that I had and it wasn't long enough to clear the other side. One side is good, but the other side has s little slop.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Looks like I'm going to have to do alot of reading of old posts what's a KPI mod
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Initiate

What tires are you running on? Tried mine with soft rubber tires, and also touring tires. feels like bambi on ice still.. Also got an advice on how to learn riding this CS beast!?

Adding shims and a tentioner arm made the center belt stick to the pulleys. so now I could try with touring tires.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Anthias
What tires are you running on? Tried mine with soft rubber tires, and also touring tires. feels like bambi on ice still.. Also got an advice on how to learn riding this CS beast!?

Adding shims and a tentioner arm made the center belt stick to the pulleys. so now I could try with touring tires.
No, don't use touring tires as they stick...Im using HPI T drifts...Spice has some also or you can make them out of ABS plastic (you tube).
I'd suggest stiffer springs in front less stuff in rears...
then play with shock positions on the shock towers...plus
Lots of practice, practice and more practice.
Don't get me wrong...Im not a pro...and I still need lots of practice...but I'm getting a little better. Still can't avoid hitting the guard rail sometimes though
...but I do love CS drifting better than 50/50 drifting
To the point I'm converting my Zero S to CS.

Last edited by eunique; 01-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet! Yesterday at my LHS, there was another guy with a D3 practicing with the original chassis...
He liked and was checking out mine...but I didn't have the KPI yet at the time. He said he's been checking out these forums....but hasn't posted yet. He's had his D3 for 3 weeks, I think.

Aaargs? What we're the aaargs for?
I meant oos and ahhs they were liking the hopped up version saying check out the carbon it looks like flames etc.

yeah rubber tyres give you grip which is something drifters don't want. I'm waiting on a set of Spice tyres now. My LHS track surface is bitumen/rubber compound but it's as slick as ice I still can't get around it with out spinning out.

Pickled, I can't wait to have a go at my LHS to try out the KPI mod...but I can see the difference already when I turn the wheels as its going through its turning radius.
How long of a screw did you use through the yokomo arm going through the shock tower?
12mm was the longest button head that I had and it wasn't long enough to clear the other side. One side is good, but the other side has s little slop.
I had some laying around that are the perfect size about a 15mm thread goes right through and flush with the outer side, I cut the centre out of mine right to the edge of the support arms then shimmed it with washers against the back of the shock tower. you want a little movement in them though

Last edited by pickled; 01-03-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.