Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will have to rebuild after chistmas as more parts become available (steering just got released) so i will replace the plastic bits then, thanks for the tip.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ozace
I will have to rebuild after chistmas as more parts become available (steering just got released) so i will replace the plastic bits then, thanks for the tip.
The steering got released and sold out on the 3racing site this week, lol. rcMart just put them up on their site.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by td-civ
well guys i think im going to sell my 2 d3's guys so if your looking to get one pm me

specs on either of the chassis? PM sent
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
The steering got released and sold out on the 3racing site this week, lol. rcMart just put them up on their site.
well, i have been placing orders with rcmart as the D3 CS aluminum parts have been trickling in .....now will have to wait.
i am now waiting for 3 orders to arrive at my doorstep so i can finally continue
and build my SSG chassis. I'm very excited and can't wait.

I will also be doing Pickled's KPI mod at the same time.

btw, Pickled you mentioned before that you ream the shaft holes of the lower suspension arms...what tool do you use? and how much do you do? and is it a big difference from stock?

thanks in advance
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
well, i have been placing orders with rcmart as the D3 CS aluminum parts have been trickling in .....now will have to wait.
i am now waiting for 3 orders to arrive at my doorstep so i can finally continue
and build my SSG chassis. I'm very excited and can't wait.

I will also be doing Pickled's KPI mod at the same time.

btw, Pickled you mentioned before that you ream the shaft holes of the lower suspension arms...what tool do you use? and how much do you do? and is it a big difference from stock?

thanks in advance
I cut the arms off at the cross brace then drilled a hole with a bit I happened to have it is just smaller than the 3mm set screw I drilled the hole in the centre of the cross brace but if I was to do it again I'd probably drill it 1mm or 2mm off centre toward the front for more caster! It is a massive difference from stock or atleast I feel it is as it's been a while now since I did it but I love how good drifting and switchbacks are now so yeah. I think I said I reamed the upper arm outer holes so a screw can pass through the shock tower without binding when screwed into the yokomo type C upper arm mounts (I used a small round file it was the perfect size just fatter than a 3mm screw). with the upper arm mounts when you cut the centre out, cut it all out right back to the outer arm links then just shim with washers on the back side of the shock tower, this also helps with more caster with out turning the mounts around for extreme caster.

Last edited by pickled; 12-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I cut the arms off at the cross brace then drilled a hole with a bit I happened to have it is just smaller than the 3mm set screw I drilled the hole in the centre of the cross brace but if I was to do it again I'd probably drill it 1mm or 2mm off centre toward the front for more caster! It is a massive difference from stock or atleast I feel it is as it's been a while now since I did it but I love how good drifting and switchbacks are now so yeah. I think I said I reamed the upper arm outer holes so a screw can pass through the shock tower without binding when screwed into the yokomo type C upper arm mounts (I used a small round file it was the perfect size just fatter than a 3mm screw). with the upper arm mounts when you cut the centre out, cut it all out right back to the outer arm links then just shim with washers on the back side of the shock tower, this also helps with more caster with out turning the mounts around for extreme caster.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

yay got my chassis and Ti screws and suspension mounts still don't have any suspension arms but I can put them on later lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

yay got my chassis and Ti screws and suspension mounts still don't have any suspension arms but I can put them on later lol.
woohoo!!!! that lot of parts is looking sweet!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thats how my bench looked 2 days ago. Have fun putting it all together.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

woohoo!!!! that lot of parts is looking sweet!
Then check this out

It begins lol

Last edited by pickled; 12-12-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

nice. I love your work
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Then check this out

It begins lol
wow...i'm jealous! can't wait for my packages to arrive.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ozace
nice. I love your work
Thanks bro.

wow...i'm jealous! can't wait for my packages to arrive.
I'm pretty much stuck now since no arms, no bearing housings, waiting on bearings!,no steering, no shocks, no knuckles, etc, etc
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

About to pick one up for christmas!!! Retire my 50/50 HPI E10
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ
About to pick one up for christmas!!! Retire my 50/50 HPI E10
enjoy CS fun

I couldn't resist so I put the options I had together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.