Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
+1 this. I filed all holes in the pullies after pulling my hair out for a couple of hours yesterday Using the tip of a pointy round hobbyfile; just so much that the pullies are movable by hand. The spring-pin holes need a bit less filing, they (should) still require pliers to insert, like in 3racings video youtube.com/watch?v=MqhmPopD4RA.
For me it helped to pre-mount the springpins thru the pulleycover and pulley on one side of the pulley, so at least they remained aligned. I added the ballbearings afterwards.
This
Old 06-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Video of the d4 rwd and 4wd cars
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys, I just won a D3 on ebay for £70 posted (seems good deal) ebay item: 121724666316 (not sure if ok put link on) its got carbon chassis/top deck but I need to buy some wheels/tyres for it. No where near me with proper track so will just be using it in on normal car parks that are not glass smooth what wheels/tyres would people recommend.

Hope to learn a lot more on here as been into rc for years but new to drift
Old 09-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sakura d3 to fwd

I'm planning to covert a d3 to a cheap fwd chassis.
Can someone please tell me if i can change the front pulleys to 22/30 using the stock belt?
Is there like a belt table to see what pulleys will fit....
I will be using a 10.5t outdoor in a parking lot...
Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys how can I remove the drift tyre from the stock rims?
thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone in here convert their D3 into a rear motor? I am working on this now and need some feedback.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'm planning to covert a d3 to a cheap fwd chassis.
Can someone please tell me if i can change the front pulleys to 22/30 using the stock belt?
Is there like a belt table to see what pulleys will fit....
I will be using a 10.5t outdoor in a parking lot...
I'm planning on doing the same thing for USGT - not many fwd kits available that don't have stupid prices or are sold out everywhere. This chassis looks like it would make a great FWD touring car.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default wheel offset

Just bought this off a friend to try drifting and having a hard time finding what the the stock wheel offset is . Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm looking to upgrade all the pulleys on my D3 and was wondering what are recommended? Thank you!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Update.

I ordered 3 aluminum 13t pulleys
Old 01-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I'm planning on doing the same thing for USGT - not many fwd kits available that don't have stupid prices or are sold out everywhere. This chassis looks like it would make a great FWD touring car.
Don't 3racing make a ff sakura stock?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by D3sunny
Hey Guys, I just won a D3 on ebay for £70 posted (seems good deal) ebay item: 121724666316 (not sure if ok put link on) its got carbon chassis/top deck but I need to buy some wheels/tyres for it. No where near me with proper track so will just be using it in on normal car parks that are not glass smooth what wheels/tyres would people recommend.

Hope to learn a lot more on here as been into rc for years but new to drift
The group that I run with all use MST tires
Mikuni's are good also.

blackstarhobbies.com in Florida
Old 02-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Briguy
Just bought this off a friend to try drifting and having a hard time finding what the the stock wheel offset is . Any help is appreciated.
Stock offset is about 4 or 5mm i believe. I am running 6mm hexes and stock wheels and the front tires poke out about 1mm on both sides of the front. Rears are tucked just a bit. I am running the Yokomo FC3S Street version body.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hayling
I decided to build this kit over the weekend so I could tool around with a proper drift car on some smooth asphalt around my house. I like my other two front motor cars, and am looking forward to adding some CS into the equation. Never driven one!

I see a lot of fairly agreed upon upgrades from box stock, but I'm just looking to get it to a point where it's fun and suitable for the surface I'm running on. Is the stock setup that horrible? Less stuff I have to buy the better (unless I love drifting, then I'll cross that bridge.) Got plenty of springs, shock weight oils, and shims laying around.

What is the most basic, essential, setup from stock for pretty rough (compared to carpet and concrete) surfaces? The asphalt is very smooth, but not track-grade.

I see how a front one-way would really change the dynamics, but it seems that the stock CS ratio is not ideal either. I like a challenge, so I'm not looking to make this a ton "easier" to drive since it's for fun anyways.

If it really is horrible stock, then can it be mitigated by setup? I plan on using tamiya yellow springs up front and something soft in the rear. Beyond that and the one-way, I'm not sure what I should plan on ordering to get it to a point where it's fun for my purposes, which will not involve any tracks, clubs, racing, etc. Just something that won't be too frustrating, since it sounds like the stock ratio was a poor engineering choice, as well as how the belts tension (from what I can tell skimming over this thread.)

Do I even need the front one way? It would be nice to have this thing running in a few days, but I did not foresee all the potential problems with the kit that the community brings up, and prefer not to tear down things right after I build them just to get a few packs in waiting on parts.

Thanks for any suggestions.
i have monkeyed around with stock CS, reducing the ratio for CS and have also converted into RWD now. All within the past year. So far i find that RWD is far easier than CS... it was a bit of a mind over matter situation where i had to teach myself speed and acceleration is not the answer! It is all about momentum. This is my first Drifting car, i am by no means an expert, just commenting on my experience.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Pulled mine off the shelf and ordered parts to fix it. While I was at it I got new motor and esc for my mst. Motor and esc go into the sakura. Just need another receiver and I have a cs and rwd chassis!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.