R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/643693-uf1-still-alive-well.html)

mkennedy 07-10-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by eComet (Post 10958010)
Sounds great!

But please do not take the fun element out of the series by means of over-competition. I totally see that IIC can be the serious championship deal but for regular UF1 with many regular drivers, fun should be the top priority.

UF1 started with fun and realistic scale look in mind.

i agree with that, thats why no gyros and speedos must be ROAR legal. :tire:

spread the word...

FMW 07-10-2012 06:28 PM

Hey guys. Pick a forum and stick to it. Why are there two forums discussing UF!?

Close one or the other, but there isn't enough people out there who are willing to search out two forum threads for information.

TPhalen 07-10-2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 10959359)
Hey guys. Pick a forum and stick to it. Why are there two forums discussing UF!?

Close one or the other, but there isn't enough people out there who are willing to search out two forum threads for information.

Agreed. I say keep the one where it originated...Cali forum.

eComet 07-10-2012 07:15 PM

Is there a way the moderator can move and merge this Electric On-Road thread with the one in California Racing?

F N CUDA 07-10-2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 10959359)

Originally Posted by TPhalen (Post 10959368)
Agreed. I say keep the one where it originated...Cali forum.

Originally Posted by eComet (Post 10959537)
Is there a way the moderator can move and merge this Electric On-Road thread with the one in California Racing?

Or subscribe to both UF1 threads or better yet subscribe to all F1 threads but I know you guys already did that. :sneaky:

I think 240Z's intention was to have 2 UF1 threads so us So Cal guys could keep the local stuff fresh on one and the other for everything/one else UF1.

I think maybe one will do it afterall.

Is there any way to clean up then re open the original "F1 is alive in So Cal" thread? That would be the "Ultimate" solution. ;)
So much useful information there from the git go that's gonna go stale.

HeliYogi 07-10-2012 10:21 PM

A new grand strat

Originally Posted by TPhalen (Post 10956329)
...We'll keep ya posted with what's in store for the future UF1 series. But until then, it's still belongs to the man, the myth and the UF1 legend, Mr. Lightfoot.

Sounds grand, I belive that any true progress has to include (ideas and active participation) not just of "a few persons," but at least of most of the persons that actually make UF1 what it is and want to participate organizing it.

After all we are a bunch of people (much more than a logo, a name or a website). A bunch of enthusiasts that get together to race. To keep this legacy alive, it will help if everyone feels included and part of the decision making process.

If people are left out of the organization, and it's happened before, naturally they go away. Lets try to make this new thing as open an participative as possible for everyone to really feel a part of it.

I keep volunteering to help out in any way when the time comes and I am sure a lot of the guys will to.

Thanks Tony,
Marcos

FMW 07-11-2012 11:48 AM

http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/set...ategory/7-f104

Set up Spam!

240Z 07-11-2012 04:02 PM

A new UF1 thread has been opened in the Cal regional forum. Us folks from Cal. will more than likely continue to use that thread.

The question I pose to all of the racers who DO NOT race in Cal. is:
Should we leave the UF1 thread open in the electric on-road forum for tracks and UF1 series racers from all regions, or is it preferred to just have the regional forums with individual UF1 threads?

I would also be interested in knowing what other UF1 series are starting up wherever they may be and what threads you may be using on RCTECH.

Looking forward to some replies....

eComet 07-11-2012 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by 240Z (Post 10963087)
A new UF1 thread has been opened in the Cal regional forum. Us folks from Cal. will more than likely continue to use that thread.

Should we leave the UF1 thread open in the electric on-road forum for tracks and UF1 series racers from all regions, or is it preferred to just have the regional forums with individual UF1 threads?

I would also be interested in knowing what other UF1 series are starting up wherever they may be and what threads you may be using on RCTECH.

Isn't there already another F1 thread 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...? My take is to chat anything F1 related including some generic UF1 there and keep the regional UF1 in the California Racing. Different regions can also open their respective UF1 threads.

Multiple F1 threads in the On-Road might diversify the topic.

Just my thought.

Evoracer 07-11-2012 04:17 PM

Changed my comment after seeing eComet's statement. His proposal makes good sense. The thread he mentioned sees alot of use.

texastc 07-11-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 240Z (Post 10963087)

I like having both. You can have nationalized talks over here, and the really good behind the scenes stuff in the Cali thread like it has been. Plus for people like me that get bored at work and like to read, more places to look. My humble opinion. Or MHO for the hipsters ;)

HeliYogi 07-11-2012 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 10962209)

Just as I as I am startig to bulid, gracias seņor Fred.

Going to Speedtech Sunday? I hope so so you can check the build.

Cheers!

TPhalen 07-11-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by eComet (Post 10963140)
Isn't there already another F1 thread 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...? My take is to chat anything F1 related including some generic UF1 there and keep the regional UF1 in the California Racing. Different regions can also open their respective UF1 threads.

Multiple F1 threads in the On-Road might diversify the topic.

Just my thought.

Agreed. I think we can probably close down the UF1 thread in the Electric Onroad section. Yes?