R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/643693-uf1-still-alive-well.html)

F N CUDA 07-06-2012 05:00 PM

UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

So what really happened during THIS current UF1 series that has managed to get everyone so uptight?

I feel it has become very aggressive, lots of contact thru all the heats.
I don't think it's always been this chaotic. Even on the carpet at hi speeds with tight lanes we've been able to keep our composure.

Afraid to say that it's quite possibly the points system this time around which we all know was experimental but has become very intense.
I've never been so bummed to have a DNF and I've had many thru out all of the previous UF1 series due to cheapin out and running "vintage" electronics but gettin away with em and actually yielding some good results regardless.
I've run ultra hot, medium warm and damn cold so far in this series but the DNF that was inevitable for me (and probably should have come sooner) was a huge let down. Even knowing that guys a lot faster than me have blown out earlier than this, for some reason, probably points, I'm bummin.
Tryin not to care but this season felt so god damn serious for some reason so, must apologize for showin the mangina. Sorry to all who witnessed. :(

I'm thinkin all the aggro driving is due to above scenario as well, no one wants to get passed or get held up. That combined with 10 car heats, which we have in the past avoided.

Charles, PLEASE don't give in. Hang in there til we get to run the program the way you have mentioned and it will all be good again.
Johnny directing the races, callin the shots, not mixing with club races ala UF1 only etc. etc...
CAN'T WAIT.

Here's a suggestion since we've seemed to reach a boiling point.
Have an early finale followed by an early new season run exactly the way you would really like to have it run. :sneaky:
Why wait til October then throw in the towel?
Too much at stake, shit man, the series is World Renowned!

You are the UF1 Ecclestone for cripes sake! Just do it or something else.

TPhalen 07-06-2012 05:18 PM

I'm here! UF1 talk. Let's rock!

iPearl 07-06-2012 05:35 PM

UF1 from Houston Also in the mix !!!
Dallas Austin Cypress & Houston here =)
We are growing also and still alive and kicking !!!

How do y'all do the Teching during the series ?

BIREL8 07-06-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TPhalen (Post 10944767)
I'm here! UF1 talk. Let's rock!

Don't give up Charles. I enjoy the new friends and old friends I have found running this series . I always look forward to the next one. You can't make everyone happy all of the time. Keep doing what you do . You have my support and everyone else that enjoy this series.

madjack 07-06-2012 06:27 PM

Regarding the recent rough driving:

Just spit-balling here...

If rough driving is still a topic of conversation???

How about bringing in a volunteer stewards to assist Johnny watching the heats? (car 4 is under investigation by the Stewards :o)

*Hack 1 - lose a lap
*Hack 2 and / or break another car in an overly aggressive pass - lose the heat

If there are potential punishments associated the driving style, it may help curtail the behavior going forward.

Thoughts?

TPhalen 07-06-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by madjack (Post 10944967)
Regarding the recent rough driving:

Just spit-balling here...

If rough driving is still a topic of conversation???

How about bringing in a volunteer stewards to assist Johnny watching the heats? (car 4 is under investigation by the Stewards :o)

*Hack 1 - lose a lap
*Hack 2 and / or break another car in an overly aggressive pass - lose the heat

If there are potential punishments associated the driving style, it may help curtail the behavior going forward.

Thoughts?

Fine line here, especially with the close racing and open wheeled cars.

madjack 07-06-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by TPhalen (Post 10944985)
Fine line here, especially with the close racing and open wheeled cars.

I get that and totally agree - with open wheels its not a question of if, but when it will happen. Just part of the class.

That said, do you think most of the UF1 racers can tell the difference between a racing incident thats not deserving of a penalty and being driven thru/over?

(nothing more frustrating than being patient and trying to make a clean pass for a couple of laps... getting that pass done... then being run over in the next corner)

texastc 07-06-2012 06:49 PM

Wow. I must have missed something. UF1 Rules. The Rc F1 world looks up to the UF1.

bertrandsv87 07-06-2012 07:18 PM

Uf1 is not juat well, it's growing !!!

FMW 07-06-2012 07:28 PM

F1 online is tonight at 10:00 pm
We are doing Singapore and Brazil.

BTW: I'm working on a follow up article that explains in great detail the F104 VII set up sheet. I hope all levels or F-1 racers can find it helpful.:p

Evoracer 07-06-2012 07:42 PM

It ain't over till it's over I guess. Lets hope for the best and maybe take a minute to remember this is all supposed to be fun ...first and foremost. No big paychecks, usually no trophies or pretty pit girls and God knows hardly anybody in your neighborhood is gonna look at you like a hero just because you win a RC car race.

katana 07-06-2012 08:43 PM

I’ve been following UF1 for sometime now. F1 has gotten my attention from being away for over 2 decades. I love how the scaled look, well organize, professionally run and well done website with up-to-date information. I do want to give kudos to the organizer(s), participants and track owner alike.

I hope the UF1 continue on for us drivers that want to join but also want to wait so that I’m “qualify “to race the series. On my end I do understand that with these cars being open wheels, driver needs to be able to at least drive the car around the track safely and consistently. Only after then I feel to move up to the “premier” class. Again that is just me.

As the UF1 series become more popular it will attract more and more new and seasoned racers. I know it is going to be tough to do but what about an idea of separate the series just like in F1. You have support race for beginners for example F3 or GP2? A slight change in technical rules from one series to another to differentiate the two or three series. At current driver count of 58, I’m sure you can divide those up in to different series somehow. This is solely my opinion, if this had been discuss before I do apologize. I’ve read through alot of pages but not all :D
Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening.
Nick

lightfoot 07-06-2012 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by FMW (Post 10945190)
F1 online is tonight at 10:00 pm
We are doing Singapore and Brazil.

OMG Singapore is hard... Brazil not to bad...

RedBullFiXX 07-06-2012 09:17 PM

Lightfoot

The Cog in the gears of UF1

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

eComet 07-06-2012 09:28 PM

Start afresh.