R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/643693-uf1-still-alive-well.html)

TPhalen 07-07-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by lightfoot (Post 10946366)
Thank you Calvin Lee for all the hard work that went into building this car....
http://uf1series.com/_gallery/Cars_3.html

So when is that conversion available? :)

F N CUDA 07-07-2012 09:23 AM

That's one serious race car, I'd like to crash, eh, drive it. :lol:

Charles, hope you want to keep some kind of say in what goes on in the UF1 stuff. Always been the voice of reason and by far the most rational guy I know in RC racing. Peace and love and all that, we know.
Hope you get to sit back and take the ride like the rest of us but gonna need that voice to keep it fresh and real or it will loose some of the shine.
I'm sure you have a plan and I think I know who's gonna be involved in that plan and if I'm right it's gonna be incredible.
See ya soon man.

TPhalen 07-07-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by dominick i. (Post 10946140)
UF1 New Jersey is now being organized.

www.uf1newjersey.com

Welcome to the party UF1 New Jersey! Enjoy the ride!

TPhalen 07-07-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by lightfoot (Post 10945795)
I appreciate all the kind words guys... The series just got too big for me but I am working on having it continue in some form after this season... I just need to step out of it completely and just be a racer , I'm no race director :D I can't handle the heat so I'm getting out of the kitchen...

Great racing tonight... My connection wasn't that great and I could hear everyone but I couldn't talk so I just unplugged my head phones so Atsuko could here you guys talk... apparently the conversation wasn't that exciting cause she fell asleep :lol:

I switched to the prime tire for the start of the 2nd race , then went to the option for the end... It was close racing with philathropy, he was catching up to me at the end , I was also running out of fuel for the last few turns...

off to bed......

It was fun. Never playing either of those tracks, I'm happy I finished well in Brazil (even though you lapped me). I have Vettel and Sutil for spinning me out and nosing me into the wall. Put in some good laps after that but nothing compared to your hero run.

Singapore. Oi. Dreadful. I want a rematch on that track now that I know it better. ;)

Kevin CBR 07-07-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by xsracer (Post 10945680)
+1. Any you guys running T.Q. again this Sunday? Trying out the FGX for the first on carpet :eek:.Any set up tips please? F1 Rocks.

Round #3 of Sean's Summer Series this Sunday at TQ. Usually getting 10+ F1's and there should be some FGX runners to help you with set-up and Sean probably knows what tires you need.

Panda

RRRoy23 07-07-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TPhalen (Post 10946736)
It was fun. Never playing either of those tracks, I'm happy I finished well in Brazil (even though you lapped me). I have Vettel and Sutil for spinning me out and nosing me into the wall. Put in some good laps after that but nothing compared to your hero run.

Singapore. Oi. Dreadful. I want a rematch on that track now that I know it better. ;)

it was fun racing last night except those AIs were brutal.

apenn 07-07-2012 01:35 PM

That looks terrific.

Northskate 07-07-2012 03:05 PM

Can we please keep UF1 around. Its the only reason I got into the RC sport. I enjoy racing one class all day. I can't always make it to every race but when I do I have a blast! Everyone I have met for the past 6 months have been top notch. I'm a big fan of UF1 and I look forward to many more years of racing. Keep UF1 alive and strong!

Oh yeah by the way Calvins car is sick!!!!!

TPhalen 07-07-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Northskate (Post 10947369)
Can we please keep UF1 around. Its the only reason I got into the RC sport. I enjoy racing one class all day. I can't always make it to every race but when I do I have a blast! Everyone I have met for the past 6 months have been top notch. I'm a big fan of UF1 and I look forward to many more years of racing. Keep UF1 alive and strong!

Oh yeah by the way Calvins car is sick!!!!!

There may be a few changes but I'm pretty confident UF1 will stick around.

Big Daddy Cool 07-07-2012 06:27 PM

Exquisite! What parts were used to do the drivetrain conversion? Will that be available soon?

More power to UF1!!! RC F1's popularity has been on the rise and its good to have a group organizing races and setting standards.

Where i am, we have slowly nurtured F1 club racing by keeping it inexpensive, simple, and most importantly FUN. Mabuchi silver can and Formula Tuned motors give adequate and realistic speeds for us and allowed us to do multiple 15 minute mains after a 30 minute fastest single lap qualifying session. We have even done one hour enduros with mandatory pit stops for battery changes (no pit crew assist allowed) and those were among the best racing experiences we have had. Lately the club has expanded with recent races seeing attendances of 24-26 racers and it is still growing. .Moreover, newbies have been encouraged to join by making it easier for them to participate and making the class unintimidating. It is starting to become more of a challenge for the organizers as the group grows but we remain committed to keeping it inexpensive, simple and fun.

I encourage UF1 to keep doing what it does. The racers need organizers like you who will keep things sane and orderly so that the class will continue to flourish.

wiggindude6969 07-07-2012 06:30 PM

UF1 rocks! I have the new 104V2 and it is amazing. 1st night out and the car seemed to drive well... i made a few adjustments, cant wait for next Thursday!

terryh1313 07-07-2012 07:55 PM

it would be nice to get uf1 in the midwest

eComet 07-08-2012 12:58 AM

One of the reasons UF1 is fun is because the races are not held in one local track. Makes it interesting by different places, thereby simulating a "world tour" kind of racing. If you have a few tracks within driving distance of each other, it would definitely create more interest from the racers. Also better publicity.

eComet 07-08-2012 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by lightfoot (Post 10945795)
I appreciate all the kind words guys... The series just got too big for me but I am working on having it continue in some form after this season... I just need to step out of it completely and just be a racer , I'm no race director :D I can't handle the heat so I'm getting out of the kitchen...

Great racing tonight... My connection wasn't that great and I could hear everyone but I couldn't talk so I just unplugged my head phones so Atsuko could here you guys talk... apparently the conversation wasn't that exciting cause she fell asleep :lol:

I switched to the prime tire for the start of the 2nd race , then went to the option for the end... It was close racing with philathropy, he was catching up to me at the end , I was also running out of fuel for the last few turns...

off to bed......

Hey Lightfoot, did you guys practice the game on regular basis? My last F1 game was in 2002 so I am pretty overwhelmed by all the new tracks and technology such as KERS and DRS. Right now my PS3 is covered wiyth dust. Do you also play GT5?

F N CUDA 07-08-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by eComet (Post 10948668)
One of the reasons UF1 is fun is because the races are not held in one local track. Makes it interesting by different places, thereby simulating a "world tour" kind of racing. If you have a few tracks within driving distance of each other, it would definitely create more interest from the racers. Also better publicity.

It's actually just as fun when the whole series is at one track.
The winter series has been held at TQ's carpet track and we pack it full bi weekly on their normal practice day. Win win cuz there is time between rounds for the non F1 as well as the F1 crowd to get some practice laps in also. Very laid back and still get in a UF1 only program.