Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a big performance or reliability advantage with the TIR cvd's?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

not really . I use sd-010fc with alloy dogbones
Old 09-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to buy a BD and I wanted to ask your opinion regarding parts that I should have on hand (upgrades and parts that break) before I buy. My concern is that a new Yokomo chassis will probably be released soon, so BD parts may be hard to come by in a few months or so.

I find it interesting that the BD is still Yokomo's latest TC. I think I bought my BD back in 2005 or 2006 if I remember correctly.

BTW, I haven't raced in nearly 2 years now. I used to have an LCG and a BD but, I honestly cannot remember the parts that were fragile or which upgrade parts I bought to get my car to handle well.

My memory and my vision isn't what it used to be. Doesn't help that I have another birthday in 15 days either.

Also, if you can recommend a parts source that would be nice. I used to buy from Speedtech R/C, but I don't know their status these days.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

speedtech is cleaned out of yokomo stuff, you can get a decent amount of stuff from stormerhobbies.com, yokomousa has a lot but the website does not have true stock status. I made a large parts order recently and about 5 parts were out of stock

RC champ advisor in Japan has the most rediculously low prices and has every single yokomo part in stock. He only uses email for orders
[email protected]

give him the part numbers you need. Find the part numbers @ yokomousa.com Shipping is cheap and it comes in 3-4 business days even from japan!

I ran my LCG for the first time on some damp/moist assphalt and it felt much better than my cyclone. I did not break a single part. Another fellow Yok driver at my track only breaks arms, nothing else. Stock up on wear & tear parts like, diff rings, diff balls, thrust ball, thrust rings, outdrives, belts, bearings, shock o rings, and hinge pins. I've never seen a broken c-hub, steering knuckle, or rear hub break on these cars.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info. I'm having second thoughts about the BD, though. When I had one, I loved how smooth it was. And when I had it dialed, it handled like a dream and was very quiet.

However, I don't want to buy the BD, and then a month later Yokomo decides to release or announce a new TC and parts support for the BD completely dry up. The product cycle for the BD has been a long one. It's funny, but I remember when people used to "bad mouth" Yokomo about releasing kits to frequently. I have owned all but one or two of their TC.

I'm not sure Yokomo needs to release a new chassis, but I need to know what TC chassis they are going to support. New chassis or old old, it does not matter to me as long as its YOKOMO!

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
speedtech is cleaned out of yokomo stuff, you can get a decent amount of stuff from stormerhobbies.com, yokomousa has a lot but the website does not have true stock status. I made a large parts order recently and about 5 parts were out of stock

RC champ advisor in Japan has the most rediculously low prices and has every single yokomo part in stock. He only uses email for orders
[email protected]

give him the part numbers you need. Find the part numbers @ yokomousa.com Shipping is cheap and it comes in 3-4 business days even from japan!

I ran my LCG for the first time on some damp/moist assphalt and it felt much better than my cyclone. I did not break a single part. Another fellow Yok driver at my track only breaks arms, nothing else. Stock up on wear & tear parts like, diff rings, diff balls, thrust ball, thrust rings, outdrives, belts, bearings, shock o rings, and hinge pins. I've never seen a broken c-hub, steering knuckle, or rear hub break on these cars.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geppetto
Thanks for the info. I'm having second thoughts about the BD, though. When I had one, I loved how smooth it was. And when I had it dialed, it handled like a dream and was very quiet.

However, I don't want to buy the BD, and then a month later Yokomo decides to release or announce a new TC and parts support for the BD completely dry up. The product cycle for the BD has been a long one. It's funny, but I remember when people used to "bad mouth" Yokomo about releasing kits to frequently. I have owned all but one or two of their TC.

I'm not sure Yokomo needs to release a new chassis, but I need to know what TC chassis they are going to support. New chassis or old old, it does not matter to me as long as its YOKOMO!

I don't think that the BD parts will dry up, It seems there are still plenty of parts for the even older yoks available still, I would think they are going to support the bd still also. You might be waiting awhile for a new realease, I know alot of people have been waitng a long time already.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
I don't think that the BD parts will dry up, It seems there are still plenty of parts for the even older yoks available still, I would think they are going to support the bd still also. You might be waiting awhile for a new realease, I know alot of people have been waitng a long time already.

Nice to meet you Orin, The Ventura Road runners track was awsome and the time you and the club members put in to prepping the surface really shows..
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Francis......... I am glad the track stayed good all day. Still sorry I got into you in the main. My car is good now with that little adjustment to the front, just got to drive it now.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
Thanks Francis......... I am glad the track stayed good all day. Still sorry I got into you in the main. My car is good now with that little adjustment to the front, just got to drive it now.

LOL, don't worry about it...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default steering knuckles

Hi Yok fans,
another quick question for those who wish to answer.

I have a set of Suzuki knuckles....
but wanted to know what the 0.5mm in the description stands for?
is it built in ackerman?
trailing .5 mm?
or something else.

it's part number TS-2100
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

hmmm...i don't think the suzuki knuckles come with different trailing options? I have a set on my lcg and the package didnt say anything about that? but yes the .5 and the 1mm are the trailing offsets
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Hi Yok fans,
another quick question for those who wish to answer.

I have a set of Suzuki knuckles....
but wanted to know what the 0.5mm in the description stands for?
is it built in ackerman?
trailing .5 mm?
or something else.

it's part number TS-2100

it's suppose to be .5 trailing for suzuki. If it is anything like the yoke 0 and -1 steering knuckles it stands for trailing but ackerman is also affected...
Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

what is the trailing of the steering knuckle? also how is ackerman affected?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
what is the trailing of the steering knuckle? also how is ackerman affected?
0 Has the axle lined up with the kingpin. -1 has the axle back from the king pin. ackerman is slightly affected since everything gets moved back proportionally... You're wheel base will also be a little bit shorter with the -1 vs 0 degree steering hubs...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

more trailing = less steering and precision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.