Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
Yep, too loose. If you look at the instruction manual when you assemble the diff you will see a tip on how to make sure the diff is tight. With a couple of allen wrenches you hold the outdrives and try an rotate the pulley. That is a good strart. After you install the diff in the rear, I hold the LR tire in my left hand and with my left thumb I press hard on the spur gear. With my right hand I try and turn the right tire. You should not be able to either turn it or at least be very difficult to turn. You can over tighten the rear diff and that will make the diff feel very gritty and eventually make the diff screw snap. For a front diff I put the rear tires between my knees and rotate the front tires it should make the belts click on the pulley if it is tight. But running a spool is faster on asphalt, but a front diff is better on carpet with foams.
Thats how I set mine for stock and never had a problem. I actually cranked the diff screw up another half to full turn from that of setting, but if I tighten it much more, as you say I run the risk of snapping the diff screw. I've been told to replace the spring as that is quite old and may allow the diff to loosen which will cause the problem.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg M
Thats how I set mine for stock and never had a problem. I actually cranked the diff screw up another half to full turn from that of setting, but if I tighten it much more, as you say I run the risk of snapping the diff screw. I've been told to replace the spring as that is quite old and may allow the diff to loosen which will cause the problem.
Best to compress a new spring with a set of plyers a couple of times before installing it, kind of like breaking in the spring first. You are much better off having the diff a little too tight than loose.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Aha, I read something about a spool... time to ask something about it.

I'm driving a with 4.5r motor on asphalt. Griplevel is medium to high.

What is the best spool out there???

I have the Team Bomber one and I'm very displeased with it. I bought it cause it required blades and I thought, nice touch, replace the blades, keep the spool alive.
Well, I'm going through blades at a rate of 1 pair on 2 batteries (NOT KIDDING). I'm a person who goes pretty soft on the throttle so that definately isnt the problem. -> these are expensive batteries at this rate!!

I now ordered the one from Titanium racing cause its thye one that comes with the grainger kit. Also ordered both types of outdrives and I wanna see what works out best.
Are there other spools better for the BD??
that's why I quit running spool they give headache so I went to one-way I might try solid one-way.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

any lipo/BD users ? how are you guys mounting orion platinum lipos up on your bd's? pics would greatly help thanks in advance for any info

i removed the plastic batt trays on mine, put a couple of spacers under the batt strap posts, and taped the lipo to the batt strap, before attaching the batt strap normally. im just looking for 2nd opinions will it be better if i taped the lipo directly to the lower chassis? havent used tape in a while and im not sure how it would hold up in a crash
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default Li-Po BD

I have seen some one put stick lead weights under the pack but in position where it fit`s just in the slots of chassis in the 4 corners & they act as lugs for pack,then you just file the lead flat to stop it sticking below the chassis(get me)

this is why the new 3200 orion has little lugs built into the case now to make use of the slots in chassis
Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

When I was given a LiPo to test I just removed the battery trays and taped it in, no problemo! Although a battery bar would probably be a lot more secure as some cell tapes don't like the LiPo case material and come unsticky.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aoizip
Quante:

if you don't mind the extra weight, then you can use the steel spool from speedtechrc...

~Ming
Mmm, steel spool huh, well, I'm way overpowered as is so the extra weight doesnt really cause a problem for me. I'm gonna watch how the tir spool works out, if its bad as well, I'm going with the steel one.

thx for the advice.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

You will loose a lot of steering with the steel spool due to the increase in rotating mass In fact this spool is sometimes more suited to stock when corner speed is necessary
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

mr jolly, ali graham: thanks for the tips im gonna try sticking lead weight underneath
Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i have use it in the Yoko LCG with no probs ,just taped in no probs
case is fine ,it is there for protection to the cells if anything
Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

just double side tape the lipo to the battery bar then when u put it into the car and clip it in its a tight fit and doesnt move. ive had some pretty nasty crashes and hasnt come out or moved yet. that way you can get it out of the car easyer and save on tape.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

It seems this thread has been a bit quite for a while now, is this due to people swapping to other manufacturers?!? I'm in a situation now where I would really like to get a new rolling chassis. I would like it to be a Yokomo; but some of the "newer" chassis are really starting to tempt me. So has anyone heard any rumors or mutterings of an upgrade to the current BD or a completely new chassis?

I think Yokomo make great cars and in a lot of ways, often set the standards in on road 4wd with out a lot of fuss and hype surrounding what they do. So if there is something new just around the corner that would be great. The current chassis is most certainly still more than capable but I think some new and improved suspension parts and refinements to the chassis would raise the BD to a new level and inject some new life into Yokomo. Maybe it's just me but I feel the time is right.

What are others thoughts on this?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

i`ve just come from HB to Yokomo
that car was a night mare (alot of wrenching)between race`s & at it aswell

it could be me or it might not (who know`s)
what i do know is i`m much happier being in this camp
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All I can say I'm pretty happy with my YOKOMO BD I have been driving it for about 2 years now just can't wait till they make a new car.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rowdy
I think Yokomo make great cars and in a lot of ways, often set the standards in on road 4wd with out a lot of fuss and hype surrounding what they do. So if there is something new just around the corner that would be great. The current chassis is most certainly still more than capable but I think some new and improved suspension parts and refinements to the chassis would raise the BD to a new level and inject some new life into Yokomo. Maybe it's just me but I feel the time is right.

What are others thoughts on this?
Here are some new suspension parts that are interesting. The Front rear suspension mount comes in 3 different degrees of suspension arm sweep. Not sure what the new larger shock bodies will do? More volume I know. Anybody else know any advantage?
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-sd-300f15.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-ys-4sss-7.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.