Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

it does fit i, the yokomo plastic spool fits in both, the shooters aluminium spool fits in both, the fastrax steel spool fits in both, the speedtech spool fits in both, the tir spool fits on both. they all do. i have tried all of them apart from the tir ones in the sd and my mates tried all of them including the tir one in the bd, and all fitted fine!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 07:17 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pops
I don't think so. Yokomo makes an enexpensive plastic spool for the BD.
TIRs spool fits both the SD and BD

www.titaniumracing.com
Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rody
Im thinking of buying a BD but im a little concerned about the durability. What are your thoughts on this? How do they hold up compared to others?
I believe it is the most durable car out there. The weakest thing on the car is the universals. These can be replaced with aftermarket parts like Ti Racing's Worlds CVDs or a lot of guys on here have used several type of modifications to improve the car. Buy the heavy duty large bumper and this will increase the durability 10 fold. The bumper helps with steering hubs, most common part to break. Since the BD came out we've replaced only two arms, both rear arms for breaking. But you will need hinge pins as they take the bigest toll. Yokomo parts are not overly priced anyway. The car is very well engineered, fit and finish is nearly perfect as well.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by agower
it does fit i, the yokomo plastic spool fits in both, the shooters aluminium spool fits in both, the fastrax steel spool fits in both, the speedtech spool fits in both, the tir spool fits on both. they all do. i have tried all of them apart from the tir ones in the sd and my mates tried all of them including the tir one in the bd, and all fitted fine!!!
I've got a Speedtech spool for the SD and one for the BD, they did not look the same, I will have to check them out.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tir
If the spool uses a blade type system to prevent wear, you will tend to get understeer. We have tested a few designs, and the extra "stiction" (binding) of the blade causes some imbalances in the cars handling. The transition from Off Power to On power whilst turning creates the push.
It seems that the heavier the spool (mass) the more push the car will have too.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:35 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by agower
Fastrax spool does not fit both
Speedtach im pretty sure does not either
Old 10-31-2005, 07:39 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

It seems that the heavier the spool (mass) the more push the car will have too.

Yes, a heavy mass spool will also create understeer. At the Euros, Ben Cosgrove, and Chris Grainger said that our spool gave them an extra 0.2 of a second advantage over other spools.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

I believe it is the most durable car out there. The weakest thing on the car is the universals. These can be replaced with aftermarket parts like Ti Racing's Worlds CVDs or a lot of guys on here have used several type of modifications to improve the car. Buy the heavy duty large bumper and this will increase the durability 10 fold. The bumper helps with steering hubs, most common part to break. Since the BD came out we've replaced only two arms, both rear arms for breaking. But you will need hinge pins as they take the bigest toll. Yokomo parts are not overly priced anyway. The car is very well engineered, fit and finish is nearly perfect as well.
Our CVDS have been used by all of the YOKOMO UK team to quite good effect. They are indeed stronger and give the car far more stability and higher corner speeds - so Im told. Certainly they are much lighter, so pick up is improved no end. I think you will save about 40-50grams on rotating mass which against all other changes you can make to the car will certainly have the most dramatic effect..
Old 10-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tir
Our CVDS have been used by all of the YOKOMO UK team to quite good effect. They are indeed stronger and give the car far more stability and higher corner speeds - so Im told. Certainly they are much lighter, so pick up is improved no end. I think you will save about 40-50grams on rotating mass which against all other changes you can make to the car will certainly have the most dramatic effect..
It is a little hard to get the spools and CVDs here in the states.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:00 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Schumacher USA should be able to help.. If you contact adrian Martinez on 8138899691 he should be able to to supply. Alternatively, shipping to US via website should only take 5days max.

Please let me know how you get on as the parts do make a real difference..
Old 10-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Billy should be able to get them...

if not...the TIR items are available from RcModel in HK. shipping is alot cheaper coming from HK than the UK.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys i just got a bd and noticed that it has a centre oneway in it and was wanting to upgrade to a centre spool and was wondering if this was the correct part number to do so?
Thanks

Part #: BD-630 Yokomo MR-4TCBD Center locked pulley
Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

locked center pulley is right
Old 10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tir
Yes, a heavy mass spool will also create understeer. At the Euros, Ben Cosgrove, and Chris Grainger said that our spool gave them an extra 0.2 of a second advantage over other spools.
I found the same thing in my LCG. Speedtech seems to have a tad bit more front bite, but it was slower overall compared to a plastic spool. Now, it might have been all in my head, and that's why I ran slower. Maybe someone should do a plecebo test with spools.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

hey is there anything you guys have done to your cars from box setup to improve the handling? I will be runing 27t carpet on foams, will e double oneway be ok ? or should i upgrde to a diff or spool?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.