R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 AM   #3661
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hinckley, England
Posts: 448
Default

it does fit i, the yokomo plastic spool fits in both, the shooters aluminium spool fits in both, the fastrax steel spool fits in both, the speedtech spool fits in both, the tir spool fits on both. they all do. i have tried all of them apart from the tir ones in the sd and my mates tried all of them including the tir one in the bd, and all fitted fine!!!
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 AM   #3662
tir
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
I don't think so. Yokomo makes an enexpensive plastic spool for the BD.
TIRs spool fits both the SD and BD

www.titaniumracing.com
tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 AM   #3663
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Im thinking of buying a BD but im a little concerned about the durability. What are your thoughts on this? How do they hold up compared to others?
I believe it is the most durable car out there. The weakest thing on the car is the universals. These can be replaced with aftermarket parts like Ti Racing's Worlds CVDs or a lot of guys on here have used several type of modifications to improve the car. Buy the heavy duty large bumper and this will increase the durability 10 fold. The bumper helps with steering hubs, most common part to break. Since the BD came out we've replaced only two arms, both rear arms for breaking. But you will need hinge pins as they take the bigest toll. Yokomo parts are not overly priced anyway. The car is very well engineered, fit and finish is nearly perfect as well.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:30 AM   #3664
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agower
it does fit i, the yokomo plastic spool fits in both, the shooters aluminium spool fits in both, the fastrax steel spool fits in both, the speedtech spool fits in both, the tir spool fits on both. they all do. i have tried all of them apart from the tir ones in the sd and my mates tried all of them including the tir one in the bd, and all fitted fine!!!
I've got a Speedtech spool for the SD and one for the BD, they did not look the same, I will have to check them out.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:32 AM   #3665
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tir
If the spool uses a blade type system to prevent wear, you will tend to get understeer. We have tested a few designs, and the extra "stiction" (binding) of the blade causes some imbalances in the cars handling. The transition from Off Power to On power whilst turning creates the push.
It seems that the heavier the spool (mass) the more push the car will have too.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:35 AM   #3666
tir
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agower
it does fit i, the yokomo plastic spool fits in both, the shooters aluminium spool fits in both, the fastrax steel spool fits in both, the speedtech spool fits in both, the tir spool fits on both. they all do. i have tried all of them apart from the tir ones in the sd and my mates tried all of them including the tir one in the bd, and all fitted fine!!!
Fastrax spool does not fit both
Speedtach im pretty sure does not either
tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:39 AM   #3667
tir
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
It seems that the heavier the spool (mass) the more push the car will have too.

Yes, a heavy mass spool will also create understeer. At the Euros, Ben Cosgrove, and Chris Grainger said that our spool gave them an extra 0.2 of a second advantage over other spools.
tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 AM   #3668
tir
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
I believe it is the most durable car out there. The weakest thing on the car is the universals. These can be replaced with aftermarket parts like Ti Racing's Worlds CVDs or a lot of guys on here have used several type of modifications to improve the car. Buy the heavy duty large bumper and this will increase the durability 10 fold. The bumper helps with steering hubs, most common part to break. Since the BD came out we've replaced only two arms, both rear arms for breaking. But you will need hinge pins as they take the bigest toll. Yokomo parts are not overly priced anyway. The car is very well engineered, fit and finish is nearly perfect as well.
Our CVDS have been used by all of the YOKOMO UK team to quite good effect. They are indeed stronger and give the car far more stability and higher corner speeds - so Im told. Certainly they are much lighter, so pick up is improved no end. I think you will save about 40-50grams on rotating mass which against all other changes you can make to the car will certainly have the most dramatic effect..
tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:56 AM   #3669
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,197
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tir
Our CVDS have been used by all of the YOKOMO UK team to quite good effect. They are indeed stronger and give the car far more stability and higher corner speeds - so Im told. Certainly they are much lighter, so pick up is improved no end. I think you will save about 40-50grams on rotating mass which against all other changes you can make to the car will certainly have the most dramatic effect..
It is a little hard to get the spools and CVDs here in the states.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:00 AM   #3670
tir
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
It is a little hard to get the spools and CVDs here in the states.

Schumacher USA should be able to help.. If you contact adrian Martinez on 8138899691 he should be able to to supply. Alternatively, shipping to US via website should only take 5days max.

Please let me know how you get on as the parts do make a real difference..
tir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #3671
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
It is a little hard to get the spools and CVDs here in the states.
Billy should be able to get them...

if not...the TIR items are available from RcModel in HK. shipping is alot cheaper coming from HK than the UK.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #3672
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

hey guys i just got a bd and noticed that it has a centre oneway in it and was wanting to upgrade to a centre spool and was wondering if this was the correct part number to do so?
Thanks

Part #: BD-630 Yokomo MR-4TCBD Center locked pulley
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 AM   #3673
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

locked center pulley is right
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #3674
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tir
Yes, a heavy mass spool will also create understeer. At the Euros, Ben Cosgrove, and Chris Grainger said that our spool gave them an extra 0.2 of a second advantage over other spools.
I found the same thing in my LCG. Speedtech seems to have a tad bit more front bite, but it was slower overall compared to a plastic spool. Now, it might have been all in my head, and that's why I ran slower. Maybe someone should do a plecebo test with spools.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:08 PM   #3675
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

hey is there anything you guys have done to your cars from box setup to improve the handling? I will be runing 27t carpet on foams, will e double oneway be ok ? or should i upgrde to a diff or spool?
Thanks
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net