Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

I'm looking for a good carpet chassis also. Matt glad to see you made it back to the states. Will you be doing any traveling for races? Sioux Falls SD should be having a 2-day race in November or December. It's about 3 hours north of Omaha. Last winter at least 1 person that I know of from Omaha was at the race.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking for carpet chassis too matt...
plz hook us up....

Thanks,

Ming
Old 09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by topgluer
Shooters next week release alm front spool for BD , Kenon Hobby
Why have a 3 part spool? Are there benefits, or is it just trick?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Why have a 3 part spool? Are there benefits, or is it just trick?
If the both spool hub broken, you can change it.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Me three Matt. I would also like to know where I could get a carpet chassis & top deck ...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

interesting design... i think the 3 piece idea is a good idea, but the thinest portion looks to me like its a bit too thin.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

What material is it made of?

I also don't see the need for 3 pieces - more complicated, more time intensive to make, more expensive to produce, more expensive for us.

I have had a steel one in for 6 months now, without any problems - and it's not all that heavy.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:57 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Default ANOTHER SPOOL COPIED

MMMM ......Looks exactly like our spool, centre is an exact copy.....

Going to have to enforce our copyright on this....

As a dealer of this stuff do you have a mailing address for shooters...would suggest holding back on selling this as fines may be applicable.

Titanium Racing Limited
Old 09-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

TIR that is a little harsh. Shooters produce aluminum upgrades for all cars. Do you suggest Yokomo seek legal action because they have produced a main shaft/hubs/top deck braces etc similar to Yokomo's own efforts??

A spool is being used almost exclusively these days. The main problem with a spool is the wear on the out drives...answer...produce a spool that has interchangable outdrives. This (although done first by TiR to my knowledge) is a natural evolution of a product.

Out of interest will you be speaking to Tamiya about their spool with replacable delrin outdrives???

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

guys, the chassis I have is was hand made by jimnew on this board. I don't think he's looking to mass produce them but if you PM him maybe he can hook you up as well. It worked very well and the car is stiff as a board now so if you can get your hands on one I would recommend it if you're into foam carpet racing
Old 09-09-2005, 04:28 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
TIR that is a little harsh. Shooters produce aluminum upgrades for all cars. Do you suggest Yokomo seek legal action because they have produced a main shaft/hubs/top deck etc braces similar to Yokomo's own efforts??

A spool is being used almost exclusively these days. The main problem with a spool is the wear on the out drives...answer...produce a spool that has interchangable outdrives. This (although done first by TiR to my knowledge) is a natural evolution of a product.

Out of interest will you be speaking to Tamiya about their spool with replacable delrin outdrives???

Thanks
Chris

We have spoken to Tamiya Yes..... Its not about producing evolving products but about direct copies with no R&D needed as someone else has already done it for you.... If the design is evolving then no problem whatsoever, but a direct copy is not an evolution just a copy. Interchangeable cups is not a new idea but the design (the way it assembles) is...

Look at the number of holes to locate the gear - the same
Look at the centre section the way it is turned out - the same - even the angles are the same

These were done this way for specific reasons and after considerable testing. They are (were) Unique features, which of course after you have seen it you can say is a natural evolution....essentially everything is by that definition.

But, show me the evolution on this??? apart from the very poor finish...lol

TIR
Old 09-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

TiR,

Good points, but...

I am not an engineer, but the turning down of the centre section would surely be a basic requirement to lighten the unit would it not with the angled section be used to give strength and duribilty to the outdrives, surely this is the basics of any good design...light weight and durable?

Rather than a copy of a product is this not another example of how many different ways can you manufacturer a product and would the evolution be in the use if aluminium outdrives as opposed to the Delrin ones that your models come with?

Chris
Old 09-09-2005, 05:03 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
TiR,

Good points, but...

I am not an engineer, but the turning down of the centre section would surely be a basic requirement to lighten the unit would it not with the angled section be used to give strength and duribilty to the outdrives, surely this is the basics of any good design...light weight and durable?

Rather than a copy of a product is this not another example of how many different ways can you manufacturer a product and would the evolution be in the use if aluminium outdrives as opposed to the Delrin ones that your models come with?

Chris

Thanks for the compliment Chris!!

Noted...but Ours were designed with Ally cups as well...just ask Chris Grainger and Masami....
Old 09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

You have certainly designed it well. I have one and it is 8 grams lighter than my previous spool, the only issue is the snapping of the drive cups. Will you be bringing the ally cups out? and do these use blades?

Chris
Old 09-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

TIR - any idea when your website will be up and running so we can purchase from u?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.