Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Nice car but how can....

I fit my stick packs as that's all I have?

Anybody got any idea as to what the internal ratio is (better than the 2.353 of the SD I hope) close to the 1.77 of the X-ray would be better for stock?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Speaking of the CGM...

Originally posted by pheyhoe
Just thinking about it, do they class the CGM as a different car to the SD? although its essentially the same car.

They cant have three cars on the go! lol
I hope they come up with some nice upgrades for that, lots of pretty blue stuff to make it go faster.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Speaking of the CGM...

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
I hope they come up with some nice upgrades for that, lots of pretty blue stuff to make it go faster.
Have a look at www.speedtechrc.com - There is plenty of blue bits there for it.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Re: Speaking of the CGM...

Originally posted by v0rtex
Have a look at www.speedtechrc.com - There is plenty of blue bits there for it.
Got most of those already. Was thinking more along the lines of bulkheads like the SDW.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default conversion

I know that there is a conversion for the SD to SDW spec. maybe they bulk heads will be in that kit!
wether it will ft a CGM thoug.......
Old 02-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc_bam226
In the Yokomo USA website description, "front and rear aluminum suspension mounts (split type mounts for easy belt removal)," I think its refering to the bulkheads.
what they meant by "split type" mount is basically the CGM inner mounts (where it is two piece instead of one) and a full rear piece for the RR of the suspension and the FF of the suspension blocks.

Steve Wang
Old 02-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Nice car but how can....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
I fit my stick packs as that's all I have?

Anybody got any idea as to what the internal ratio is (better than the 2.353 of the SD I hope) close to the 1.77 of the X-ray would be better for stock?
is there a reason you don't break your stick packs down and solder them up with battery bars?
Old 02-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Nice car but how can....

Originally posted by parrotgeek
is there a reason you don't break your stick packs down and solder them up with battery bars?
probably part of the silver can rules. i think they regulate it so you can only use silver can motors and stick packs.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Nice car but how can....

Originally posted by Hebiki
probably part of the silver can rules. i think they regulate it so you can only use silver can motors and stick packs.
Almost right lol.

Actually as the silver can is restricted to 1500mah packs (and it's up to the driver to prove that they are 1500 packs) it's far easier to leave them in the stick layout with the nice label on the outside.

And underneath all the wrapping/cardboard tubes there are no individual labels.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Man, that is a beautiful machine! Tempting, very tempting!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by pheyhoe
Just thinking about it, do they class the CGM as a different car to the SD? although its essentially the same car.

They cant have three cars on the go! lol
its just in the feel *(handling of graphite vs tub & belt vs shaft)...
Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Regional Moderator

It'll be interesting to see what the car pre-orders at. Seems like theres an awful lot of hop up items included with this car. I'll be keeping an eye on Speedtech to see what Steve can do. He always seems to have the best deals online.

Didn't think I would be in the market for a car at this point of the year. Buuuuut since Losi seems incapable of getting their new car to the market after 5 months since it was first announced, I guess I have to at least consider other options.

And a return to Yokomo with this great looking car wouldn't be too hard to swallow.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
It'll be interesting to see what the car pre-orders at. Seems like theres an awful lot of hop up items included with this car. I'll be keeping an eye on Speedtech to see what Steve can do. He always seems to have the best deals online.

Didn't think I would be in the market for a car at this point of the year. Buuuuut since Losi seems incapable of getting their new car to the market after 5 months since it was first announced, I guess I have to at least consider other options.

And a return to Yokomo with this great looking car wouldn't be too hard to swallow.
Thanks Darkseid We have a great relationship with all touring car manufactures, including Yokomo USA which has work together with us on price and delivery so that US customers are getting great deals on products and very competitive prices. The MR-4TCBD is no exception, we are working hard with Yokomo trying to figure out ways to preserve all the great specs on the car while remaining competitive on the price.

We originally wanted to put up the pre-order tonight, but we will wait until tomorrow noonish to set it up since we should have a much better estimate on price by then. Sorry for the delay gang, but it'll be worth it

Steve Wang
Old 02-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

- JB
Old 03-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

If this car handles as well as it looks X-ray and LOSI better hurry to get there's out....
I think Yokomo hit one out of the ball park with this design.
Although nothing real new in layout just better design of parts and I have to say that the battery tray design is HOT....
Funny thing though...I had a pack short on my Rayspeed chassis the week before. Won;t happen with those trays....
Hey Steve remember to put me on that list First...LOL but for real...
-Stephen <><
I look forward to putting this car through the passes...And now they are trying for late March...Hello it is the 1st of march....CAN they DO it??????????If so I think it will be the fastest car annocounced to production that has ever happened....Well at least thsi year....LOSI better learn from this....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.