Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

A hold down like the Mission 2 has would be ideal. It doesn't bow up in the middle and it holds the cells better than a flat piece of graphite. I wonder if it would fit.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Geppetto
Chrissy C: I'll look at using the SD battery hold down. I'm ok with drilling a hole.

Turtlemaster. Although, I haven't tried it yet, I have considered using the SD battery hold down. I hadn't thought to use it up-side-down, though.

The SD battery hold down just doesn't look as pretty as the BD carbon fiber plate.
one more thing, i cut the HUMPS off the bottom of the strap so its about 1/4 or 3/8 thick, i also used a dremel and cut the center of the top out, so its basically to vertical bars with tabs on the end for the battery posts. weighs almost nothing.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Got back from a fun day of spool/diff testing (man I hate anything that isnt a 1 way!) but I got the car working pretty well. I thought up a few changes that I'm going to make to the car to give it a bit more steering, but it seemed to do alright.

When using brakes, the JB Weld just doesnt hold up, it came loose on my front and center 1 ways, I put a set screw on my center 1 way but it just didnt seem to hold well either. I tried a front diff, and it did good on the tighter parts of the track, but on the high speed sweeper I couldnt use much throttle at all. I also made a plastic spool using regular outdrives, and Losi sandpaper diff rings for spools, this was actually the best, gave the most steering of the 3 front variations (comparing to the locked 1 way before it started to slip)

Pops - Good seeing you, cant wait for Reedy, should have a dialed setup by then.

F.D. - Shim up your rear inner ballstuds 2mm and leave the fronts without the shim, gets the car rotating really well in the tight corners, but still holds good cornerspeed through the fast stuff.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Oh, and first day using the battery strap, but had no problems with it at all..
Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did anyone else had problems with the lay shaft when using the center oneway? the center 1way gear ate away at the lay shaft; thereby causing it to freewheel on power...
Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Masami's BD

In a photo from the LRP Race of Masami's BD, I noticed that he
has his steering links mounted on the bottom of steering hubs and on the bottom of the center graphite steering plate.

What's the idea of doing that?

See photo
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-s-bd1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Here's a better photo
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-s-bd1a.jpg  
Old 04-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dropping the link will give different bump steer characteristics but i am not sure if this is whay he has done it.

Also if you look he is using the old style wishbones, probably the graphite ones and he has cut all the camber mount points off the front hubs as he is using the kingpin point.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think those front castor blocks are from the MR4TC, I noticed on Masami's setups recently that he has been running them.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Bump Steer???

So you are saying that dropping the link, changes the bump steer. What exactly is bump steer?

I did notice that he cut off the extra mounting points on the C carrier. I didn't recognize the arms as the older ones.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Bump Steer???

So you are saying that dropping the link, changes the bump steer. What exactly is bump steer?

I did notice that he cut off the extra mounting points on the C carrier. I didn't recognize the arms as the older ones.
If he only dropped one side or the other then you would get major bump steer. As long as the links are at the same angle as before then you're fine
Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Default Another question???

Is it ok to clean/degrease the one-way diff on the BD. I notice that my front wheels don't spin very freely. At first I thought the problem was the bearing, but upon closer inspection, I found that the outdrives aren't spinning freely.

If I can clean the one-way out, what type of lubricant should I use to re-lube it?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Matt, do you know a date when a locked pulley will be released. I want to get a BD but i will not be as fast with it with a centre 1 way.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Another question???

Is it ok to clean/degrease the one-way diff on the BD. I notice that my front wheels don't spin very freely. At first I thought the problem was the bearing, but upon closer inspection, I found that the outdrives aren't spinning freely.

If I can clean the one-way out, what type of lubricant should I use to re-lube it?
use the black grease.. that is used on the thrust bearings.
or use X-rays one-way lube.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Another question???

XRay makes a 1 way bearing lubricant. Is your car brand new or does it have a few runs on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.