Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys
I was just wondering what parts are needed to make the car more suitable for foam tire racing

Thanks in advance
JB
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

JB-

This is what Andy was running in vegas for foam on the TC:

Chassis- http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61285&lang=en
Top Deck- http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61286&lang=en
Rear Deck- http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61289&lang=en
Chassis Posts- http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61283&lang=en
Wheel hexs- http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=72036&lang=en

Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by JB_catricala
hey guys
I was just wondering what parts are needed to make the car more suitable for foam tire racing

Thanks in advance
JB
Old 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peetiewonder
finally put my battery strap in and wanted to post a pic. this is an x-ray strap, that has been fitted on a cyclone. Enjoi.

also a couple of notes about my chassis, i have the center deck cut to increase chassis flex (design from James from XRC), stainless steel screw kit, came with the car, and they are just prettier, and motor/esc setup is Speed Passion GT 1.1 and MurfDogg 7.5
Ah drift. I work with James and know what he was trying to do. For one, using that rear aluminum stiffens up the back and takes away some traction. By cutting the front, you will gain some flex and add a lot of twist to the front of the car. Since you run hard tires, you will never get the torsion on the chassis that you would from having traction so things like these mods would not only be counterproductive to a rubber race car, but would actually tune you in the wrong direction. For drifting it makes sense, but you have to remember the application, they don't translate very well to racing rubber touring cars.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
Just the upper ones. If these are working then sweet, how about the alu diff do they fit the pro diff?
I am pretty sure all the aluminum aftermarket diffs are for the old style. I would stick with the pom outdrives since they are pretty strong
Old 12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
Has anyone tried the 3 racing or Jet alu bulkheads. they are halp the price of the HB ones
Don't use 3 racing lower bulkhead ,
because not fit !
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
I am pretty sure all the aluminum aftermarket diffs are for the old style. I would stick with the pom outdrives since they are pretty strong
HB offers an alum out drive for the new style diff.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

The aluminum outdrives work fine but put more wear and tear on the diff and you will have to rebuild a little more often. The plastic ones work great and some pros have said they generate a little more traction (I'm yet to be convinced of this), but they are a little more fragile since they are plastic. Its a trade off you'll have to make.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm getting ready to set a cyclone s up for GT class using a tamiya silver can spec motor. Any suggestions on gearing? Track will me tight with short straights, rubber tires, and I will most likely be using some ib4200's, 6 cell. Oh yeah this is my 1st TC so i'm totally clueless. Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edseb
The aluminum outdrives work fine but put more wear and tear on the diff and you will have to rebuild a little more often. The plastic ones work great and some pros have said they generate a little more traction (I'm yet to be convinced of this), but they are a little more fragile since they are plastic. Its a trade off you'll have to make.
Hey Carl do you mind sharing your BCR set-up here? I run at BCR once in a while and have seen your car on the track...and it's pretty dialed.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

I am getting ready to purchase a Worlds edition from a local pro class drover and was wondering some of your opinions on the car in general and things to watch for. I the 3.5mm chassis a good investment and how does the Worlds Edition compare to the new TC and what parts would be wise to use from the TC.
Any help is appreciated thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
I the 3.5mm chassis a good investment
only if you are running foam on carpet i guess otherwise stick to the std chassis

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
what parts would be wise to use from the TC.
you would be advised to use the diff from the TC as it is way better then the older version.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edseb
Ah drift. I work with James and know what he was trying to do. For one, using that rear aluminum stiffens up the back and takes away some traction. By cutting the front, you will gain some flex and add a lot of twist to the front of the car. Since you run hard tires, you will never get the torsion on the chassis that you would from having traction so things like these mods would not only be counterproductive to a rubber race car, but would actually tune you in the wrong direction. For drifting it makes sense, but you have to remember the application, they don't translate very well to racing rubber touring cars.
my car is actually a drift application, thats interesting about the aluminum in teh rear, i may swap it for a fiberglass one i have, and maybe cut that in the center to again encourage cassis flex.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
i do the setup box. and i run with LRP 4.0 and my rear do a S every time when i push the accel.
I wonder why

RCMARKET : I just placed my first order with you... don't disappoint me

Thanks!
Paul F. (switzerland)
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peetiewonder
my car is actually a drift application, thats interesting about the aluminum in teh rear, i may swap it for a fiberglass one i have, and maybe cut that in the center to again encourage cassis flex.
I've tried the aluminum heat sink one like you have, the fiberglass one and the 3 Racing carbon fiber one all back to back on asphalt and although subtle I found the fiberglass one to be the most consistent and stable. That was on tight track with medium traction (BCR), so there may be times when the other ones might work better, so at this point I still have them all in my pit box. Chassis flex is a way to add to your tuning but can be taken too far. A car that is too flexy will twist and load up like a rubber band and either snap back unpredictably or hold and cause tweak. You can experiment, but be very careful, you could have a car that does a lot of weird things out of turns after it tries to go back to its original shape, that's why we don't run fiberglass or plastic chassis (at least for the most part) and run at least a certain thickness. I run the stock chassis, and prefer to let the car's suspension do most of the dampening and traction duties. I personally don't like to run a thinner bottom or top or thicker, the stock one seems about right. BTW, I don't use the posts at the front of the car either. Now for drifting, things may be the opposite, the car will never twist or load up like it would with traction, so I'm sure a stiffer chassis set up (like carpet) would be better and more consistent, but you will have to test that yourself. Good luck.

Last edited by edseb; 12-17-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone running alum front knuckles? I'm thinking of going to them. I don't mind replacing them when they break but I'm tired of buying 2 packs just to get 1 pair. The rear hub are useless to me. Who also has the best price? I'm sure some will say hotbodiesonline but that's a dead horse around here so if it's found somewhere else please share the info. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.