Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WatchOut
The Orion/Peak 3200 fits just fine, no mods required. Haven't tried any of the others.
thanks , i thought that one will fit with no problems, whats the measurement from the chassis to the bulkhead (for battery clearance)??
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
what size lipos will fit the cyclone? (hard case)
The orion carbon (both of them), platinum, TrakPower gold pack, I think the core pack fits
Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, the Core R/C pack will also fit.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default foam carpet help

Hi Guys I've been running the cyclone for a year now and have really struggled with a set up. I've tried a few and have made my own changes with no success. I got the Cyclone initially as I thought I'd gotten the best out my old faithful TC3 but since getting the Cyclone i think I've lost nearly 1/2 a second a lap!

I had the original chassis to begin with but moved to the BMI one a few months ago.

No matter what I do the car either just doesn't turn in or it just seems to almost stop mid corner (no traction compound as it's not allowed at my club). At least with this set up I seem to have Ok mid corner steering and it's easy to drive.

here's my set up:
Front:
- camber 2
- castor 6
- ride height 5
- droop 7
- toe angle 1
- toe block 2.5
- 2.5mm under camber link -
- inside cmber position 4
- no roll bars
- position 2 on shock tower
- 25lb spring (associated)
- 50wt oil
- 2 hole 1.1mm piston
- diff
- no roll bars all round
- GRP 42 Shore 59mm

rear:
- camber 1.5
- ride height 5.5
- droop 5
- toe block 1
- 2mm under camber lonk
- position 4 on shock tower
- 35lb spring (associated)
- 40wt oil
- GRp 37 Shore (59mm)

ackerman 3
Mazda Speed 6 shell

I've done everything I can to get more steering and the set up looks a bit extreme now. I hope someone can help as I've tried a few set ups including one's from Hara, Andy Moore and Marcos' without success.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Are you runing on carpet or ashphelt? foams or rubbers?

It sounds like there must be something on the car that is jamming or mechanicly not functioning properly or not full steering throw etc..., It has to be something,

Try being nice to a real fast guy at your club and ask him to check over your car when he has time, this might help as there has to be something wrong with something, because this car has won the world championship in 2006!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:29 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Are you runing on carpet or ashphelt? foams or rubbers?

It sounds like there must be something on the car that is jamming or mechanicly not functioning properly or not full steering throw etc..., It has to be something,

Try being nice to a real fast guy at your club and ask him to check over your car when he has time, this might help as there has to be something wrong with something, because this car has won the world championship in 2006!!!!!
Thanks for the tip Losi123,

It's foams on carpet.

I know it's won everything and I'm completely stumped myself! It's running free, servo's free and has good speed, torque, centre's perfectly everytime (KO 2314), drivetrain's smooth, nothing's broken or bent, it's not tweaked, turns equal left/right, balanced left/right, front/back.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

JL,

first thing i noticed in your setup was the front caster at 6deg will reduce the steering response. perhaps try going back to the 4deg (standard) or go one further to the 2deg blocks.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomracing
JL,

first thing i noticed in your setup was the front caster at 6deg will reduce the steering response. perhaps try going back to the 4deg (standard) or go one further to the 2deg blocks.
6 deg is basically standard on every car. I would look eleswhere for changes as the 6 deg blocks benefit the car throughout the entire corner.

Also, I notice on your setup your running a mazda body and tires that you wouldent find on a setup sheet. When copying a setup it is very critical to copy the entire thing, something such as the wrong body can really throw it for a loop. There are alot of great setups for the cyclone and I am sure that when followed to a T there is one out there that will work for you. Often times without alot of setup knowledge people go chasing and get themselves so far out of tune there is no way there going to be fast. At that point the best thing you can do is start over with a proven setup.

If it was me I would look for something that larry f or jason s ran at the IIC 2 years ago and go from there. Also macro's probally has a solid starting point for you laying around somewhere.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also just noticed your running stiffer springs in the rear. It appears as if your setup is so far off its just not going to work. Start completly over! You are way off track right now.

Good luck.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yeah whats with the super stiff springs on the car?
I havent raced on proper carpet with foams but i found that when i was racing the cyclone didnt seem to like stiff springs, although most people say to stiffen up the car.

1 degree rear block ive never seen anyone run one that small. Id stick with about 2.5

Also i personally find 4 degrees castor is standard on almost everycar, not sure who runs 6, but i guess that could be a carpet thing **SHRUG**

Also what are you running up front, ball-diff and what motor are you running?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
Yes, the Core R/C pack will also fit.
thank you!!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi, may i knw how u guys make d left n right weight is even ?how u guys weight d left n right ?

thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kschu
hi, may i knw how u guys make d left n right weight is even ?how u guys weight d left n right ?

thanks
There are many ways to do that.... I have seen people drill a hole in the middle of two quarters (coins) and solder a nail in them and round off the tip. Your car has holes in the front and back just sit you car on the tip of the nails and that will work OK, I use digital cooking scales under all 4 tires.
I hope you under stand me and this helps you
Russ
Old 12-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kschu

thanks
IRS Balance Buttons

The Cyclone already has 2 holes drilled on center. Just put these on and let the balancing fun begin!
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-irs-balance-buttons.jpg  
Old 12-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Some Gossip.....

Hara was testing 3 Clones this week at RCS; one virtually standard, one with a new chassis, one with a new upper deck and middle brace. All were running the new diff. No update on the release date of the new car... still due around the Worlds....

Sorry, no photo's... (I asked, but he wouldn't let me )

PS> Adachi Shinosuke, Neils Keonekoop, and Oscar were also there this week practicing with there Kyosho's .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.