Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
I'm just trying to figure out these spacing issues with the blocks so I can use some of these setups properly.
Just get a hinge pin setup the pivot blocks then measure the height of the hinge pin at each block. Use a ride height gauge, i assume you have one of those?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys!

I was being offered by my friend his spare cyclone TC as I'm planning to go back to RC. I know it's a great car and i have been following this thread for about two weeks already. The only thing keeping me from buying it is it's age since it's around 2years old i fear that HB might offer a new car soon. Do you know if a replacement is in the works in the following year? Thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blue 3:16
Hi guys!

I was being offered by my friend his spare cyclone TC as I'm planning to go back to RC. I know it's a great car and i have been following this thread for about two weeks already. The only thing keeping me from buying it is it's age since it's around 2years old i fear that HB might offer a new car soon. Do you know if a replacement is in the works in the following year? Thanks
This car parts not have problem !
Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
If you look at the face of the cyclone s outdrives they have molding injection points on the face where the diff rings sit. Usually they sit out so you have to dig them out otherwise the diff ring doesnt sit on the outdrive properly.
by diff rings do you meen the ones that the diff ball run on?

if so then i didnt have to take any plastic bur off so i must have the derlin ones,
unless the guy before me already cut them off.

thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blue 3:16
Hi guys!

I just bought one of these as my Rubber tire car - and although it may be a couple years old, the reason I chose this car is that it shares so many parts from other HPI / HB platforms that I doubt parts will be an issue. For the price that we can pick-up Cyclones for now, they are a steal... even if their is a replacement car in the works. I am sure many of the parts on the new car will be backwards compatible.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

A few people have logged in saying there should be a new car, but personally i reckon there isnt much wrong with the current one.

Everyone i have spoken to that has had a try of a cyclone says that the car has more steering than anything else they have driven.

I guess, that if there is a new version it will probably just incorporate some new option parts as opposed to being an entirely new car.

About the only thing i dont like about the car is that the diff gets dirty and needs regular maintenance, and some people have issues with the diff bolt snapping, however, there are some tips which can be followed which seem to stop this from happening.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

About the only thing i dont like about the car is that the diff gets dirty and needs regular maintenance, and some people have issues with the diff bolt snapping, however, there are some tips which can be followed which seem to stop this from happening.
can this b solve using titanium diff screw?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Its only titanium coated im prety sure, which is just for looks in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mangoman
Just get a hinge pin setup the pivot blocks then measure the height of the hinge pin at each block. Use a ride height gauge, i assume you have one of those?

Ok maybe I'm being totally dense here and these setups probably make perfect sense to others but I'm confused. Lets look at the front... to get the hinge pin level (3racing blocks) I have to raise the front about 1.25mm. No spacer in the back. So on a setup sheet if someone says to raise both blocks say 1.5mm are the arms level? On mine the front of the pin would be lower than the back.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Its only titanium coated im prety sure, which is just for looks in my opinion.
Personally ive never had problems with the diff screw. I had one snap once in a pro 4 but that was only because my mate said to tighten i up to the max because we were on carpet and i didnt have a spool.

There are two different thoughts with regards to the diff screw.
The first is to get an Asoociated diff screw which is some fat a$$ diff screw.
The second one and i think this is to help with the snapping problem but not sure (but ive always done it since i saw it and ive been running mod/19T) is to pop a shim in under the head of the diff screw when you build it.

Having said that im terrible with rebuilding diffs and only do it every few months or when the car suddenly is undrivable. When i rebuild the diff i usually just put in new diff rings (ive got about 20 sets of diff rings at home that i keep meaning to sand back) and replace the diff screw if it looks like its got some scoring on it, youll know what i mean if you look at the diff screw it will have scoring from where it looks like its been rubbing on the diff halves.

Also having said that i am currently running the delrin diff outdrives, although if you are running mod you should run the aluminium out drives as they are a lot more precise.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you use the Associated diff screw what do you use for thrust balls and washers ??? I use Yokomo in mine, I also use aluminum out drives (Diff halves)
I run mod and I like my pro4 and my Cyclone but the diffs should be more like the XRAY I think. They have wave washers instead of a spring. I have made all the changes that have been suggested and I have a hard time keeping them from slipping.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

mangoman:

do you know why there are some hd drive shafts that say front ans some are rear?

and when i looked up the specs of them they both apear the same length etc...??
Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Help I need a foam tire set up?Can some one help?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anybody know what the internal ratio with the original pulleys is as well as the ratio with the new 18 tooth pulleys. Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
Does anybody know what the internal ratio with the original pulleys is as well as the ratio with the new 18 tooth pulleys. Thanks
Original 39\16 = 2.4375
new 18T 39\18 = 2.1667

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.