In carpet control rubber tire , around 10-11 sec lap ,
use Front oneway or spool ?
stock run oneway, mod SPOOL
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
stock run oneway, mod SPOOL
The fast guys here run spools in stock..... And they were all at the nats and did good

So there doing something right lol, if your like me and cant drive a oneway worth your life... Spool works if everythings all built good
Old 09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
I broke a steering post on the Clones virgin run on carpet last Friday, it tore about 1mm of thread off the end of the tubbing, and was still inside the knurled screw collar, but manage to get it out. Ive heard this has happened before, any ideas where they maybe a thicker version, as I think there are a tad thin for what stress are put on them.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
I broke a steering post on the Clones virgin run on carpet last Friday, it tore about 1mm of thread off the end of the tubbing, and was still inside the knurled screw collar, but manage to get it out. Ive heard this has happened before, any ideas where they maybe a thicker version, as I think there are a tad thin for what stress are put on them.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
I did that too!

All I did was thread lock the mm or so that broke off back in, because it takes alot of play out when the whole thing is there lol, it went from really sloppy, to none

But I dont know of anything thicker.... All though, I could use one
Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I did that too!

All I did was thread lock the mm or so that broke off back in, because it takes alot of play out when the whole thing is there lol, it went from really sloppy, to none

But I dont know of anything thicker.... All though, I could use one
I think that it wouldn't sit right if I had try to do what you did. so I put half a small O ring over the poll before replacing the collar.
A buddy of mine mentioned a 3,Racing version, but not to sure if it is a little thicker
Malc
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think that it wouldn't sit right if I had try to do what you did. so I put half a small O ring over the poll before replacing the collar.
A buddy of mine mentioned a 3,Racing version, but not to sure if it is a little thicker
Malc

I don't think 3racing has the post. I've got the steering set from them and the post is not included.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Oh please tell me when you find one! I went a good 8 months and everything fine then.... break ( just like you described). LHS looked at me real funny and said ... "You broke WHAT?" From there I proceeded to break two more in two weeks and I only race once a week. I'm kinda guessing here but where the manual states to tighten it too seems to tight... I stripped a servo arm with it set like the "S" manual recommends. But if you loosen it too much the collar is strictly on the thin part of the post. Seems to be working ok now that I've found a happy medium... tight enough to get a grip on the thicker part of the post and loose enough to actually work as a "saver".
Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Hi
Any got a auditiable pdf set up sheet please, I lost mine
Cheers Malc
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by padailey
Oh please tell me when you find one! I went a good 8 months and everything fine then.... break ( just like you described). LHS looked at me real funny and said ... "You broke WHAT?" From there I proceeded to break two more in two weeks and I only race once a week. I'm kinda guessing here but where the manual states to tighten it too seems to tight... I stripped a servo arm with it set like the "S" manual recommends. But if you loosen it too much the collar is strictly on the thin part of the post. Seems to be working ok now that I've found a happy medium... tight enough to get a grip on the thicker part of the post and loose enough to actually work as a "saver".
Yeah ive never been able to jam one on as tight as it says on the manual. I usually do it up as tight as possible with my fingers then leave it. (However, if you dont do it up tight enough it can come undone).
Old 09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by padailey
Shame really, was gutted when it happened, I personally only tightened it so the ring was flush with the bottom of the post, even though it tells you to have 1.5mm pertruding the through the bottom of the collar, I had difficulty in screwing it on flush with the bottom, now I have around 1mm missing, it was next to impossible to get it back onto the thread, so my buddy squashed up the spring in a vice in his van to get rid of tension and he managed to get it back on, now its flush with the bottom of the post, with the post being around 1mm shorter, so in reallity its in the right place by what the maual states
Malc
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shame really, was gutted when it happened, I personally only tightened it so the ring was flush with the bottom of the post, even though it tells you to have 1.5mm pertruding the through the bottom of the collar, I had difficulty in screwing it on flush with the bottom, now I have around 1mm missing, it was next to impossible to get it back onto the thread, so my buddy squashed up the spring in a vice in his van to get rid of tension and he managed to get it back on, now its flush with the bottom of the post, with the post being around 1mm shorter, so in reallity its in the right place by what the maual states
Malc
I have done the same, (busted 2 in m time only on massive stacks ) so i ordered 3 spares at once cause the LHS never has them... and yes i did the bogy fix to , just to get going again.....but i squash and linnish the spring down a bit too... seems to work well for the diff too, linnish the spring, level & square using verniers to measure...

Thanks to all the advice on this thread since i started, my car handles like a mod, (thats slides sidway not around 180) its on rails...me and some mates are even gettin good , so we put in 13.5ss gtb, now the entire class has Brushless of some sort.. bar a 1 or 2 who still build a mean brush and are keepin up and even still winning,,wish i could drive like them.
Thank you cycloners
PS . i like a spool
Old 09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Malc
Wait, the post, or the threaded part that the servo saver spring gets clamped inbetween?

I broke the lil threaded saver part.... Hard to explain lol

I read what you said worng I think
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks !
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Wait, the post, or the threaded part that the servo saver spring gets clamped inbetween?

I broke the lil threaded saver part.... Hard to explain lol

I read what you said worng I think
The threaded part for me
Malc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.