Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Hi guys, sorry this is a newb question, but I need some help. I have a cyclone that I just bought, used. I am confused. The diff in the back (which is purple aluminum) is aftermarket. The diff cup joints have a bigger slot They have a little blue spacer to fit into the diff. Does anybody have an idea on which kind they are (the blue spacers) or a part number. Also the diff nut which is on it is different than the spares I have, they are both plastic. Is there an upgrade for these or are they ok? Thanks!!
Here are pics:
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-img_2960.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-1.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-4.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-img_2965.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks zombie. i really need somthing to work off of for this year's nats. the race is going to be held at a smaller high grip track which is some what similar to last year's track. so if any one knows where to find a setup like that as well that would be nice. right now i just dont have the corner speed.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sk1pp3r
Hi guys, sorry this is a newb question, but I need some help. I have a cyclone that I just bought, used. I am confused. The diff in the back (which is purple aluminum) is aftermarket. The diff cup joints have a bigger slot They have a little blue spacer to fit into the diff. Does anybody have an idea on which kind they are (the blue spacers) or a part number. Also the diff nut which is on it is different than the spares I have, they are both plastic. Is there an upgrade for these or are they ok? Thanks!!
Here are pics:
the blue spacers are blades made by 3racing, which is probably who the diff was made by. 3Racing (#CY-08A) Differential Cusion Hotbodies Cyclone <-- that is the the blue blade

the plastic parts are just fine and normal, you can see the actual nut inside. if they are a different size then that means they came with the 3racing diff, and are probably better then the stock one since the stock ones are prone to breaking. but they are probably made for the diff you have. so i suggest leaving them in.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Initiate

haha, Those are what blades are. I have heard about them for the longest time. Thanks so much. The question I have about the thrust washer I believe it is called is that the two little arms that stick out are bent back a little bit. I think if I try to tighten the diff again they might break. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up extras as I have heard people can have problems with their diff. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

oops sorry, forget thrust washer, i was thinking about something else, it was diff nut. hehe It's been a long week!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How tough are the regular plastic diffs? What's the most durable?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fjm9898
thanks zombie. i really need somthing to work off of for this year's nats. the race is going to be held at a smaller high grip track which is some what similar to last year's track. so if any one knows where to find a setup like that as well that would be nice. right now i just dont have the corner speed.
pm me your email..
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks again for the help. Ifound the 3racing diff and blades online. However, I am having trouble finding the nut. As you can see from the pictures a few posts back, the one that was in the car has a little metal nut that is pressure fitted into the plastic diff nut. The spare one didn't have a nut inside. On the one in the car the metal nut is round, while the spare plastic piece has a hex shape to accomodate a metal nut. can you buy the diff nut byitself or do you have to get a whole new kit?
Thanks!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

yes there are replacement nuts. they have this removable style because the lock nuts that go in there are suppose to be replaced when you rebuild the diff to make sure that the diff wont loosen itself. i dont have my manual on me at the moment to tell you the exact nut, but i am pretty sure its also the same nut in the pro4. so if you do a bit of searching around you should be able to find them.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porschejim911
How tough are the regular plastic diffs? What's the most durable?
the plastic diffs are really just fine. however the reason why they switched to the aluminum diffs with the blades in the upgraded cars (hara, surk, and andy moore) is because over time the outdirves will get elongated and have alot of play between the outdirve and the pin on the bone, that is why they went with aluminum and blades. they also tried to solve this issue with the pro4 by going to delrin outdrives but over time those hole got elongated as well so they just chose to go with aluminum this time and then you just have to change out the blades and not have to rebuild the entire diff to replace the outdirves.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROV
I got some comming in the mail from presionrc, and will be here hopfully today to try this weekend let you know.
waiting to here from you.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
Yeah but doesnt it make you feel so much more TOUGHER!!!!
it is all in the mind
Old 06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

K, well after a trip to the hobby shop, I found some diff nuts that work. They aren't made for the diff. they are by dubro, 2mm hex nuts. The guy there didn't know anything at all about diffs, or parts for them, so I had to go on my own. I think they might need a little shim, 2.5 might have worked better or 3mm but I have these now so I guess i'll try them till they break.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a quick question. I have a front one-way, center one-way, and rear diff. Can someone tell me if this is set up right? If I grab the top of the larger belt and move it forward, it gives power to the front wheels and spins the spur gear. The back belt doesn't move. The rear belt is set up so if you grab the top and move it back it moves the rear wheels but not the spur gear. Is this correct?
Thanks!
Justin
Old 06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sk1pp3r
I have a quick question. I have a front one-way, center one-way, and rear diff. Can someone tell me if this is set up right? If I grab the top of the larger belt and move it forward, it gives power to the front wheels and spins the spur gear. The back belt doesn't move. The rear belt is set up so if you grab the top and move it back it moves the rear wheels but not the spur gear. Is this correct?
Thanks!
Justin
should be u spin the spur so the wheels spin forwards all wheels should move, spin the spur so that it would be in reverse and only the back would move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.