Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd imagine that purple or black strapping tape can be purchased wherever you find the Cyclone for sale

Hara doesn't like battery straps, so I believe strapping tape will be recommmended. I'm sure some industrious fellow out there will make some black-anodized CNC aluminum standoffs and a graphite battery strap as a non-factory option though!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by axel
Just curious everyone...why did we all make up our minds to buy this car already when it is still in the R&D stage? It's not like this kit is going to be cheap anyways? HB has to be pretty thankful of having Hara, Surikarn, and Moore proving that HB's first major tourer is a winner.
Dude, that is a question you should direct to the dudes in the Tamiya threads, they have much more experience than HPI drivers when it comes to this...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

i know it's been said about the cyclone's final production, but i guess this is confirmation

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/cyclone.html
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

good to see it does have the new shocks, and most of the suspension components are still the same as the pro4... the black makes it hard to see the bulkheads in detail tho
Old 07-12-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I highly doubt it has the new shocks as the cylinder cap of the black shocks on the Cyclone are round, where as the new HPI shocks have a squarish cylinder cap:

Old 07-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

was about to say the exact same thing. look like standard hpi super shocks.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Because the tops and bottoms are anodized black, it is hard to see some of the detail, as mentioned above. But the shock bodies look like the new HPI shocks, not the older Proceed shocks (look at the color of the anodizing). The Cyclone shock caps don't look like they have the hex shape to them, true, but that won't affect the performance of the shocks. The bottoms of the shocks are hard to see so can't comment about them. I'll ask around
Old 07-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
I highly doubt it has the new shocks as the cylinder cap of the black shocks on the Cyclone are round, where as the new HPI shocks have a squarish cylinder cap:
Atleast look at the pictures provided... you can see the color of the shock body matches the HPI flourine coated body color almost perfectly, irrespective of the color of the upper and lower caps.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you look at the front view..and zoom into the front shocks...you can see the bottom cap of the newer shocks but in black.

after looking at the new pics.... starting to like the all black stealth look...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

before and after

just one question...what was the meaning of changing that flat aluminum piece on the upper deck to a rounder one?
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-hotbodies_tc_2005_7.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-top.jpg  
Old 07-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by axel
before and after

just one question...what was the meaning of changing that flat aluminum piece on the upper deck to a rounder one?
Right rear bulkhead? might be for structural reason...
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

That can be, but isn't it so that the rounded version will bend easier than a straight one, since the straight version will let the energie/stress flow better through it?!
That's what I think, but that doesn't make sense, because they changed it...
Old 07-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tekin
That can be, but isn't it so that the rounded version will bend easier than a straight one, since the straight version will let the energie/stress flow better through it?!
That's what I think, but that doesn't make sense why they changed it...
I agree...I liked the straight version better. it had a cleaner look to the chassis...
Old 07-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe I know why they did it.
When you look at the early prototype with the straight bulkhead, you can see that it's a bit fragile (above the rear 2 battery cells). A lot of people saw that, so maybe that's why they changed it to a rounded version.
So it can absorb the energie (like in a crash) and bend a little (and back to the orginal position) instead of breaking the whole bulkhead (with the straight version).
That's the only reason I can think of why they changed it, but yes... that does sound a bit odd. Maybe someone else can come up with a better story why they changed it.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

a reason could be. having your fingers and a socket driver in the slock above will be tight. so from the side, the arch will give more room for your fingers to grab the pinion.

Last edited by racer; 07-12-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.