Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
How? I've always found the opposite. When you shorten the wheelbase on a touring car, the car rotates better - which has to mean there's a reduction in traction (at some point), right?

The car can turn faster since it is shorter. In fact, many times going to a softer spring in the rear will also make a car rotate faster. Rotation does not imply loss of rear side bite. Sliding indicates loss of rear side bite and or traction.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know where I could find some spacers that's used inside the diff?

It's the part# Z857 5x8x1.0mm
Old 04-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
I foun that my belt rubs the servo saver adjustment collar on the stering post.

i also had it rub the servo horn 2 its just a spacing issue play withe shims on the layshaft tod move the pulley more 2 the right
Screw the collar tightly that it sits above and clears the belt.

Originally Posted by robk
The car can turn faster since it is shorter. In fact, many times going to a softer spring in the rear will also make a car rotate faster. Rotation does not imply loss of rear side bite. Sliding indicates loss of rear side bite and or traction.
Very true!

Originally Posted by lookinco

I didnt know where to find them either, you can use 5mm diameter shims to substitute them (the same shims you use on the wheel axles)
Old 04-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookinco

for a smoother diff... ditch the spacers and add another bearing.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi Guys, could someone email me how get rid of the wobble on the diffs and any other little fixes on the car?

Also regarding setting the droop on the car as in the manual if you use the hpi guage it says 7 on the front and 6 on the rear but if you check this on the guages this is no lift at all? coudl someone explain

thanks Ricky

Wobble is normal all you will find that most if not all belt cars will have this wobble.

If you don't have any uptrable with those setting then check to make sure you built the car properly. You should have some uptrable
Old 04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

For those that are running the GTB 4.5R system, what spur and pinion do you use?
Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rotation does not imply loss of rear side bite.
If, not a loss of traction, then what?
Sliding indicates loss of rear side bite and or traction.
Is this not, what basically happens when the car rotates? Yes, you're using the diff action but at some point there is slipage. No?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Cars that rotate well don't slide the ass end around the corner. Cornering does imply a slip angle, but yeah, there is a lot of diff action in a car that rotates.

You can get on the throttle with a car that is rotating, which means there is some part of the traction circle left to do that. If your car is sliding, it either squares up because of the 4wd, or does a donut, or at least wants to and is harder to drive because of it.

A lot of guys get a car to rotate harder by going to a softer rear spring. You're letting the car dump over onto the outside tire. Tranferring weight laterally does cause a loss of cornering power, or traction. It also lets that outside tire help turn the car. But it's not uncontrolled, or a power slide or any of that. The car usually has a hooked up feeling as well, vs. "oh crap, I don't want to spin this thing". I race carpet, so maybe rotate has a different meaning for you if you race asphalt. This is just what I know.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cars that rotate well don't slide the ass end around the corner. Cornering does imply a slip angle, but yeah, there is a lot of diff action in a car that rotates.

You can get on the throttle with a car that is rotating, which means there is some part of the traction circle left to do that. If your car is sliding, it either squares up because of the 4wd, or does a donut, or at least wants to and is harder to drive because of it.

A lot of guys get a car to rotate harder by going to a softer rear spring. You're letting the car dump over onto the outside tire. Tranferring weight laterally does cause a loss of cornering power, or traction. It also lets that outside tire help turn the car. But it's not uncontrolled, or a power slide or any of that. The car usually has a hooked up feeling as well, vs. "oh crap, I don't want to spin this thing". I race carpet, so maybe rotate has a different meaning for you if you race asphalt. This is just what I know.
Rotate is rotate - no difference because of surface. I never stated there was a great amount of sliding / slipping. I'm simply saying that it's present when the car rotates. You've basically said that you agree, right? Therefore, there would be less traction with a shorter wheelbase due to the sliding / slipping as opposed to a longer wheelbase.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey hara already release their step 4 shock preparation on their web site http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/
Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Apparently I have stepped into a dick measuring contest. Sorry I will leave you alone now.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hub vs.Arm

Got back from testing.Moved the hubs forward and cured the looseness mid corner/corner exit.Tried both arm forward and hub.There is a difference but,it's hard to describe.Hub forward felt more comfortable.As far as slip/rotate...I'll add my 2 cents.I THINK,to corner propely one has to have the proper AMOUNT of slip.Too little and the car squares,too much and it wobbles/spins.I read an interview once with Gary Anderson( designer/engineer) when he was with Jordan F1,and he said that they determined for that car to run properly/best,around 30%slip in the corners worked for them.I THINK,it also has to do with a BALANCE of slip/traction between the front and rear for a car to properly rotate in a corner.You can't have one end "outgrip"the other for proper arcing thru the corner.For example,just moving the hubs forward for more rear effective traction today didn't do it all.I had to increase front stiffness also.Went from a 30lb.spring to a 36lb.spring.Balance achieved.The concept shouldn't change per surface,just maybe the ratios.And last,with a wink,Normal size thang here,but an overactive mind maybe.Mario.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

just an idea how to build in brushless....

(sorry, only a handy pic...)

Old 04-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

robk
Do you have an update on reversing the rear shock location ?
Curious as to what you found.
Thanks.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Leini, what's the weight of your chassis with the brushless ESC and motor and batteries but withouot wheel and tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.