Search

USVTA Woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpk4ud
Yes it is.
could be as simple as getting in more practice....tightening driving lines things of that nature. But as i said before, above all else have fun.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
could be as simple as getting in more practice....tightening driving lines things of that nature. But as i said before, above all else have fun.
I am a lot. Practice is something I like to do. I finish top 1-3 in the stock slash class and in the SCT open class about the same. So I work at it some. I'll get faster or I'll find a short cut in the track!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
... Every ROAR VTA race Ive been to and some I havent, the legal US VTA car/driver wins...even top 5. And thats against Tekins,LRP's Black Dimonds and all the other blinky's....no magic or Dragon blood in the ESC's wires...lol
If this is true then clearly there is no need to limit who(esc) can play in the sandbox ...
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
I do not run vta but our track runs 17.5 1cell lipo with open speedo and it is very close racing!

5 5 5 Nathan Rugroden 42 00:08:05.536 00:10.240 5 11.560 1.332 Done!
Hey, I'm related to this guy. He doesn't know me, and I'd have to look at the family tree to see what branches we've both hit, but guaranteed he's 'kin'.

Carry on.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna
If this is true then clearly there is no need to limit who(esc) can play in the sandbox ...
Yes there is, and you're just being coy about why.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Yes there is, and you're just being coy about why.
oh ok, that really explains it
Old 08-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

I don't know why there is so much debate over the USVTA-Approved ESC list. That short and simple list of non-timing ESC's is what drew me into racing VTA in the first place.

When I first showed up at my local racetrack with my Hot Bodies Cyclone, HPI Flux/Motiv Brushless System, and a Ford Mustang body, the response I got from the club racers was "You can't race that here. You have to get a ROAR-Spec motor and ESC." When I asked them which ESCs are considered ROAR-Spec ESC's, all they could say was that the list was long and that their ESC's (Castle Mamba Max Pro) was on that list.

I discovered the VTA class a few weeks later. When I asked the VTA racers what ESC's they are allowed to use, they gave me a printed list with 10 different ESC's to pick from. It was very simple. Black and white. To my surprise half of the ESC's on the VTA list cost around $90.00. Much easier on the wallet than the $150.00 Castle Mamba Max Pro.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
I don't know why there is so much debate over the USVTA-Approved ESC list. That short and simple list of non-timing ESC's is what drew me into racing VTA in the first place.

When I first showed up at my local racetrack with my Hot Bodies Cyclone, HPI Flux/Motiv Brushless System, and a Ford Mustang body, the response I got from the club racers was "You can't race that here. You have to get a ROAR-Spec motor and ESC." When I asked them which ESCs are considered ROAR-Spec ESC's, all they could say was that the list was long and that their ESC's (Castle Mamba Max Pro) was on that list.

I discovered the VTA class a few weeks later. When I asked the VTA racers what ESC's they are allowed to use, they gave me a printed list with 10 different ESC's to pick from. It was very simple. Black and white. To my surprise half of the ESC's on the VTA list cost around $90.00. Much easier on the wallet than the $150.00 Castle Mamba Max Pro.
here you go :
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Old 08-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna
oh ok, that really explains it
Come on. It's all about the possibility of using boost even when set to "blinky" mode. The intent is crystal clear, no fuss with the ESC to run. Plug and play only. No clear advantage with one over the other or ESC-of-the-week syndrome.

As a recent newcomer to RC racing and VTA, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to mess with my ESC settings to race other than turning off reverse and setting motor & battery fail-safes. The rules work...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nubie-wan
Come on. It's all about the possibility of using boost even when set to "blinky" mode. The intent is crystal clear, no fuss with the ESC to run. Plug and play only. No clear advantage with one over the other or ESC-of-the-week syndrome.

As a recent newcomer to RC racing and VTA, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to mess with my ESC settings to race other than turning off reverse and setting motor & battery fail-safes. The rules work...
+1
The USVTA Rules work
Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Originally Posted by nubie-wan

+1
The USVTA Rules work
+2
Yes they do. No need to fix something that's working.