Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

HPI Sprint 2 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

any drifting on asphalt/cement? drift settings as in ride height, camber, springs F&R , anything else? thanks
Old 10-17-2022, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

How long are the driveshafts needed for the Sprint 2? I got some Yeah Racing ones (SPT2-015), which are 38mm but are too short and I can't seem to find any direct replacement UJs anymore.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2012 HPI Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (HPI108220)

Back in 2013, a friend of mine bought one of the 2012 HPI Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Part #: HPI108220) and I always loved the livery and colors of it! I wish I bought one for myself but I had a TC6.1 that I just started racing at the time and I really didn't feel the HPI's were as competitive but I loved all their bodies!

Since they're discontinued, they've been really difficult to find but so far, I've managed to locate a new clear body (Part #: HPI108370) so at this point, I'm trying to piece together the rest of the car, starting with the original chassis (Sprint 2 Sport) but I have a question about the original tires the RTR kit came with (referring to the blue Falken logo stamped on the tires)...

...did HPI sell these tires separately (if so, anyone know the Part #'s for them?) or could you only get them if you bought the RTR kit?

So I'll see where this journey takes me but I really look forward to adding this car and the HPI BMW M3 GT2 (HPI106168) to my collection! Please let me know if you or anyone you know is willing to sell theirs!

Last edited by Nickerz; 08-30-2023 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickerz
Back in 2013, a friend of mine bought one of the 2012 HPI Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Part #: HPI108220) and I always loved the livery and colors of it! I wish I bought one for myself but I had a TC6.1 that I just started racing at the time and I really didn't feel the HPI's were as competitive but I loved all their bodies!

Since they're discontinued, they've been really difficult to find but so far, I've managed to locate a new clear body (Part #: HPI108370) so at this point, I'm trying to piece together the rest of the car, starting with the original chassis (Sprint 2 Sport) but I have a question about the original tires the RTR kit came with (referring to the blue Falken logo stamped on the tires)...

...did HPI sell these tires separately (if so, anyone know the Part #'s for them?) or could you only get them if you bought the RTR kit?

So I'll see where this journey takes me but I really look forward to adding this car and the HPI BMW M3 GT2 (HPI106168) to my collection! Please let me know if you or anyone you know is willing to sell theirs!
Wheels and tire were sold separately but they didn't have the sicker. For that you are probably looking for HPI sticker sheet 109444

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31419052996...mis&media=COPY
Old 08-30-2023, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Wheels and tire were sold separately but they didn't have the sicker. For that you are probably looking for HPI sticker sheet 109444

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31419052996...mis&media=COPY

Thanks so much for confirming and for that link! Looks like the linked decal sheet is only 2of2 but it does at least have the Falken decal for the tires. I also found the following pic of tires from an eBay listing that sold a few months ago and it shows decal part # 109192...

At any rate, I have a few "feelers" out there and hopefully I can find myself a NIB version of the HPI108220 RTR kit. Btw, one recently sold on eBay for $380 ($80 of it was shipping) and everything was new, even the box! See pic below...

Here's how much it cost in my June 2015 Tower Hobbies SpeedMart Catalog ($259.98)....

Last edited by Nickerz; 08-30-2023 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Bought FACTORY SEALED! HPI Sprint 2 Sport Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (HPI108220)

I did it! I found a ***FACTORY SEALED*** HPI Sprint 2 Sport Falken Tire Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (HPI108220)!!! Wasn't sure if Factory Sealed ones were still around but I got one! It didn't have to be Factory Sealed but this was icing on the cake, especially since another one was selling one with no box but it did look new but that seller was selling it for the price I got mine sealed! I also noticed that other one with no box had to drop their price recently.

I really wish I got one of these when my friend bought his back in 2013 but at that time I was racing an RC10TC6.1 that I just bought, so I was more focused on this since it was built for racing but I always loved HPI bodies that they offered on their RTR kits and felt this was a perfect car to just have fun and not be so serious with (as far as competitive racing goes). So it has some nostalgia for me personally b/c of my buddy KJ who owned it! I'm so glad I have my own now!!!

So now...the big question is...will I break that factory seal!? Hmmm? I dunno, as I want this to be a shelf-queen but I also found and bought a new clear body (HPI108370) off Craigslist recently, so I kinda feel, I could find me a used Sprint 2 Sport chassis for cheap and paint the body to use as my shelf-queen and keep the Factory Seal of this in tact...OR JUST CUT THAT THING AND enjoy this beautiful car!? Then again, not sure I'll find one still sealed, so we'll see but let me know what you think I should do!? I am a collector so I can appreciate both scenarios.

Is there a way to do a poll in this forum!? LOL!

I'll update this thread once it's delivered...