Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

I thought it was more like WWFE
Old 12-22-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by King of B Main
hey guys I had enough of this fool, I give up before him. Take it easy Merry christmas, Happy New Year and please let me never see a set up from gp, especially with the knew t2, and if you knew anybody you could figure out where I run and who I am.
Yes sir, Mr. Mike Molina (a.k.a. rustler753 previously on rctech.net). I'll ask a third time, please PM me or send an email to XRAY to discuss any issues that you have concerning the information that I provide. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Can we please f**king get back to FK05 stuff on this thread.....! If you read these forums all the stuff is based on opinion, conjecture or a degree of plausability..... it should be used in conjuction with your own knowledge and testing anyway ...... !!!!!!!! I mean for F's sake we all drive differently so to take someone's statements and transfer them to your car when you use a different radio with different settings on a different track with a car that even if it is the same make is built differently ... give me a f'ing break....!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

FYI,

The list of compatible parts between the FK05 and the T2 kits are as follows:

* ball diff
* multi-diff
* diff hub bearings (10x15x4) - for rear only
* drive shaft plastic caps
* 5.0mm double bevel shoulder pivot balls (outer camber links and steering linkages)
* hex screws 3x6, 3x8, 3x10 (only certain applications)
* servo saver plastic covers (chassis & top deck)
* both servo horns
* shock parts: rubber membranes, all o-rings, alum adjustable nut, e-clip (1.9 & 2.3), washer 3.2, all fixed & adjustable pistons
* alum servo mounts
* composite battery backstops
* antenna mount & tube
* All hudy wheels
Old 12-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my beloved fk05

i smashed into a sign board....my wheels came off.....next my friend in a msx refine came at full throttle and whavked me from behind

the result...my rear wheel assembly flew off and the cf shock tower broke
his: the chassis broke !

conclusion: xray is damn tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!despite my constant bashing and its very resistant to tweak
Old 12-22-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm assuming this list is from a comparison of the two manuals....

NOBODY should panic about parts not listed....there may still be acessory parts to be added....ie..shock springs(same part number gien in the T2 flash presentation), Motor guard (possibly usable, however the T2 looks to have more room for motor adjustment, so we'll need to wait for definite word), etc...
Old 12-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
I'm assuming this list is from a comparison of the two manuals....

NOBODY should panic about parts not listed....there may still be acessory parts to be added....ie..shock springs(same part number gien in the T2 flash presentation), Motor guard (possibly usable, however the T2 looks to have more room for motor adjustment, so we'll need to wait for definite word), etc...
That is correct. These include only the parts provided in the kit and shown in the manual.

All of the questions regarding optional parts will be taken down and answered as soon as possible.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
That is correct. These include only the parts provided in the kit and shown in the manual.

All of the questions regarding optional parts will be taken down and answered as soon as possible.
what about?
1. 2 degree rear aluminum hubs
2. 6 degree castor blocks
3. motor guard
4. mounting holes for motor fan set-up
Old 12-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

The 2 degree rear hubs don't look compatible...(Bearing sizes etc are different)

The front 6* C-hubs don't appear compatible either...if you look at the new C-hubs, there is one screw going through a captured ball-end, through the C-Hub and into the knuckle...as opposed to the 1 screw for camber link + 1 screw for knuckle older configuration...there may still be a way to make the older parts work....but someone with access to all of the CAD data would need to verify sizes, hole locations, offsets, etc...not to mention dynamic testing to see if there would be any clearance issues with the new components..
Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

considering the front bearings are smaller as well, i doubt the new, shorter steering blocks will fit into the old caster blocks... just an assumption tho
Old 12-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
The 2 degree rear hubs don't look compatible...(Bearing sizes etc are different)

The front 6* C-hubs don't appear compatible either...if you look at the new C-hubs, there is one screw going through a captured ball-end, through the C-Hub and into the knuckle...as opposed to the 1 screw for camber link + 1 screw for knuckle older configuration...there may still be a way to make the older parts work....but someone with access to all of the CAD data would need to verify sizes, hole locations, offsets, etc...not to mention dynamic testing to see if there would be any clearance issues with the new components..
I'm not asking about whats compatible between the 2 cars, how long before we will see option parts for the T2
Old 12-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

0.075 lower eccentrics....

Are people using this more in rubber racing or foam...just wondering.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I'm not asking about whats compatible between the 2 cars, how long before we will see option parts for the T2

Ahh...sorry for the misunderstanding...but that question would probably be better-served under the T2 thread....

I'm sure that they will have the full assortmetn of option/tuning parts available for the T2 at some point...the main questin being when...

It's also difficult to determine just what most will want/require as tuning parts since it *is* a different car than the FK05...you won't necessarily be able to drop an FK05 setup directly onto the T2...
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

A few corrections on the compatible parts list. The front & rear belts are included, as are the diff hub bearings for the front. Here's an updated list:

* ball diff
* multi-diff
* diff hub bearings (10x15x4) front & rear
* front & rear belts
* drive shaft plastic caps
* 5.0mm double bevel shoulder pivot balls (outer camber links and steering linkages)
* hex screws 3x6, 3x8, 3x10 (only certain applications)
* servo saver plastic covers (chassis & top deck)
* both servo horns
* shock parts: rubber membranes, all o-rings, alum adjustable nut, e-clip (1.9 & 2.3), washer 3.2, all fixed & adjustable pistons
* alum servo mounts
* composite battery backstops
* antenna mount & tube
* All hudy wheels
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
what about?
1. 2 degree rear aluminum hubs
2. 6 degree castor blocks
3. motor guard
4. mounting holes for motor fan set-up
Answers have been moved to the T2 thread...

Last edited by teamgp; 12-22-2005 at 08:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.