question: will it work on 2011 T3?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/exotek-...-lipo-chassis/

Any feed back?
Check the t3 2012 thread, Hubbard has run it. Exotek's site says a '12 is required.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

no real world feedback in the 2012 forum yet, only that it is available. Definitly thinking of it myself, looks awesome.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/exotek-...-lipo-chassis/

Any feed back?
i have the same curiosity too.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well i decided to look and read more into this and it looks like the 11 and 12 will work

here the goods straight from the exoteck site

XR3'12 Performance ultra narrow lipo chassis with bushing supported hinge pin blocks.
- New design incorporates heavy duty bushing supported hinge pin blocks- the same concept incorporated into other world caliber touring cars by Tamiya, Yokomo and Hot Bodies.
- The steel insert bushing insure ultra free suspension movement, no matter the arm angles.
- No locked up and twisted stock plastic Xray blocks- by it's design the stock Xray suspension creates more suspension arm lock (friction) onto the hinge pins as more power is put down.
- 4 heavy duty 7075 suspension blocks are included, FF-C, FR-B, RF-XB (split style), RR-D (see the attached chart to view angles). The included blocks will give you .5 degree of front arm sweep and 3 degrees of rear toe.
- Optional hinge blocks are available to quickly adjust the angles to your liking HERE. Also fully compatible with Tamiya sedan blocks.
- Optional hinge spacers are used to adjust for roll center HERE.

- 2.25mm USA made precision cut soft weave carbon fiber.

- Only 85mm wide at the main chassis section to better utilize lower ride heights for more aggressive cornering.

- Shaped cuts for improved flex.

- Uses the stock Xray T3'11/12 lipo mounts.

- Optional adjustable carbon fiber lipo mounts available HERE!

$139.95 msrp.
Xray T3'11 OR T3'12 is required.<---------
3 x .1mm hinge pin shims are suggested for fine shimming.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ive been running and testing one for about a month now. Just finally got the rest of the suspension blocks to test with today. Car seems to be very good thus far. No suspension binding or anything after a tap. All the blocks are SOLID and dont move and I dont think its possible to bend one of these babies either! Chassis has a good flex to it. Maybe not quite as much as the 2mm xray chassis but you can take a couple of screws out of the top deck or run the soft top deck and it feels pretty close. Ran both my 12 and XR3-12 today back to back to back and both ran the same lap times. The XR3-12 seems to have more middle and exit steering. The T12 seems to have more initial steering. Could just be small differences in the setup though.

Guys looking for something different dont be afraid to try it.

EA
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

thx
good to know
Old 04-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ive been running and testing one for about a month now. Just finally got the rest of the suspension blocks to test with today. Car seems to be very good thus far. No suspension binding or anything after a tap. All the blocks are SOLID and dont move and I dont think its possible to bend one of these babies either! Chassis has a good flex to it. Maybe not quite as much as the 2mm xray chassis but you can take a couple of screws out of the top deck or run the soft top deck and it feels pretty close. Ran both my 12 and XR3-12 today back to back to back and both ran the same lap times. The XR3-12 seems to have more middle and exit steering. The T12 seems to have more initial steering. Could just be small differences in the setup though.

Guys looking for something different dont be afraid to try it.

EA
EA whats up?
Any more info on the conversion? Looks tempting to me as i still have a 11 with some 12 upgrades.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
EA whats up?
Any more info on the conversion? Looks tempting to me as i still have a 11 with some 12 upgrades.
1+
Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Team EAM

I have not gotten to run since I came home from Poland ETS race. I did not use the XR3 in Poland due to being the only person with one it would have been really hard to get any setup help from any of the other Xray drivers. I plan on going to the track some this weekend to try it.

I did get the production suspension mounts and such and they are superb! The fit is perfect and no spacers needed to flip the front/rear block to clear the belt. Great design by Exotek!

EA
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

I have not gotten to run since I came home from Poland ETS race. I did not use the XR3 in Poland due to being the only person with one it would have been really hard to get any setup help from any of the other Xray drivers. I plan on going to the track some this weekend to try it.

I did get the production suspension mounts and such and they are superb! The fit is perfect and no spacers needed to flip the front/rear block to clear the belt. Great design by Exotek!

EA
question :
most likey the Xr3 is design chassis for out or indoor track?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Exotek

I just built two of these for the upcoming reedy and agree with EA the fit and finish is killer on this kit. I will be running them this weekend and will have some feedback
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by OVA
question :
most likey the Xr3 is design chassis for out or indoor track?
Im going to say either. The chassis is flexible but not too thin and soft. Also the top deck can be swapped out to make for more or less flex. I think Fred hubbard has tested outside with good success and I know hes been fast on carpet with it!

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
I just built two of these for the upcoming reedy and agree with EA the fit and finish is killer on this kit. I will be running them this weekend and will have some feedback

They do fit well!!

EA
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Im going to say either. The chassis is flexible but not too thin and soft. Also the top deck can be swapped out to make for more or less flex. I think Fred hubbard has tested outside with good success and I know hes been fast on carpet with it!

They do fit well!!

EA

Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Package arrived, looks good, just need time to fit it to one of the T3-12's, will see how it goes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.