Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

body rule for VTA... thumbs up
Rick Vessell and XSRCdesign like this.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
body rule for VTA... thumbs up
"Body minimum weight 95g - any additional weight required for a legal body must be added to the roof of body". Bad enough to mandate a weight rule but then mandate a location too.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Then run a body that makes weight! Problem solved. Problem staying solved.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't see how this is a bad thing? It prevents people from running one coat of paint ghost bodies. Throw a few coats of paint on a body and back it with another color and it will be 95g.. bolt your driver to your roof and you will be set.
5th wheel and XSRCdesign like this.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hopscotch
I don't see how this is a bad thing? It prevents people from running one coat of paint ghost bodies. Throw a few coats of paint on a body and back it with another color and it will be 95g.. bolt your driver to your roof and you will be set.
Yep, I agree and I just want to add that you have fun doing it.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My only question is...
if using sho goo and mesh tape to fortify the front and rear of the shell, is that seen as adding weight to the shell ?
i dont think ive ever had a body that weighs less than 120g race ready.
No problem with any rule, my ride is legal for any track anywhere.
No problem with tires.
No problem with class.
No problem with those that run it.
just want to make sure im following the rules correctly.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic
My only question is...
if using sho goo and mesh tape to fortify the front and rear of the shell, is that seen as adding weight to the shell ?
i dont think ive ever had a body that weighs less than 120g race ready.
No problem with any rule, my ride is legal for any track anywhere.
No problem with tires.
No problem with class.
No problem with those that run it.
just want to make sure im following the rules correctly.
If your body weighs more than 95g before adding that stuff, I don’t see the issue.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

rule problem is it doesn't change what bodies can be run

Run thin body stick driver to roof, done, rule met

and then none of the reasons they state for the rule change are fixed, you still have all those claimed 'issues'

thus the rule changes nothing
Old 11-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The new body rule could backfire. Some smart vacuum former can use variable thickness lexan and put all the weight at the bottom of the shell. Then everyone will be running that body.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

The new body weight rule IMO will not have any bearing on the type of bodies ran. I feel it was put in place to encourage racer to paint their bodies with race liver color scheme.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by massenb203
The new body weight rule IMO will not have any bearing on the type of bodies ran. I feel it was put in place to encourage racer to paint their bodies with race liver color scheme.
In flat track motorcycle racing, Harley Davidson used to dominate. Nearly unopposed (I'm talking decades ago). Then the much lighter and powerful British BSA and Triumph brands were adapted and took away Harley's dominance. Instead of Harley developing lighter, more powerful equipment, they lobbied ($$$) the AMA to outlaw the use of the British brands or have them limited to a much smaller displacement engine (which is what happened and the tuners answered that new rule with further development).

Not saying Proline is pulling a Harley (I mean...why?), but it dos look like there's something to it.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
In flat track motorcycle racing, Harley Davidson used to dominate. Nearly unopposed (I'm talking decades ago). Then the much lighter and powerful British BSA and Triumph brands were adapted and took away Harley's dominance. Instead of Harley developing lighter, more powerful equipment, they lobbied ($$$) the AMA to outlaw the use of the British brands or have them limited to a much smaller displacement engine (which is what happened and the tuners answered that new rule with further development).

Not saying Proline is pulling a Harley (I mean...why?), but it dos look like there's something to it.
Stop this garbage right now. I MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS. This has nothing to do with proline protoform. Explain to me how protoform is unable to make light bodies? Did somebody corner the market on thin lexan? Think this through. I don't take orders from anybody. What are you saying about me? How do I benefit? I don't. This has been a net loss for years, considering I pay for the website myself, I spend time responding to silly stuff like this.

I guess some people can't accept the fact that I dont think light bodies are good for the class. Period.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Farmer_John

The minimum weight for this class is 1450 grams, so the lighter body do not have a bearing on this class as I have stated before.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rob I think that you are doing a great job of running the usvta and listening to all the garbage and bull sh$$ that people post on here all the nit picking. People why can't you just run the rules the way they are and have FUN.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

People are always trying to re-invent the wheel. I have a suggestion for those who are trying to mess with the VTA class. Have the right body, motor wheels and tires for whatever the track mandated, have a driver if it's required, make the weight for the class. Put the car down and race it. Above all have FUN. Problem solved.
Just my .02.
massenb203, ImacFanatic and JC3 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.