Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Marcos, I watched that pass and knew there would be some rubbin involved.

The A main was a bit rough too. Rich got tagged very early in the race by a front runner that he had just ran down and passed. Pretty much ruined his race.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho

using a alum. Flex chassis
setup like a normal TC. slap the vta tires on, and reset ride height.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dun4sho
Does anyone have a good starting vta setup for a xray t4 2019 racing on black carpet? Or where to look thanks!
ask your favorite local racer. if your not sure who one is? then introduce yourself and say "Hi, my name is and I notice your running a car like mine. whats kinds of setup do you run. I'm new to this" there is plenty of help Im sure at the local track.
mleemor60 and JC3 like this.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

David check with Carl^^^ or David Panter...or the other Dave Arkle...dang we got a lot of Dave's and Josh's at Apex
TJD8521 likes this.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60
Who is the guy in the red shirt?
Doesn't anybody know the guy in the red shirt?
Old 02-05-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
ask your favorite local racer. if your not sure who one is? then introduce yourself and say "Hi, my name is and I notice your running a car like mine. whats kinds of setup do you run. I'm new to this" there is plenty of help Im sure at the local track.
Im his favorite racer LOL...but I don't run the orange cars....
Old 02-05-2019, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60
Doesn't anybody know the guy in the red shirt?
Adam is one of SCRC'S locals. Hasn't been racing long but recently got his Awesomatix dialed in and it right there with the fast guys. That shiny new Trinity X-Factor isn't hurting either 😜

Last edited by iTz Nicholas72; 02-05-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Im his favorite racer LOL...but I don't run the orange cars....
Just goes to show, not all one's choices are good. Atleast he picked a good car...
At any rate, there are plenty of racers at APEX to draw some knowledge from. All you have to do is ask...
freebird and JC3 like this.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird
Oh how racing could be in a better place if this was always true. Especially for those just starting. While the group a currently race with is willing to help. Those I met early on, that kept me from even looking into racing were the complete opposite.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Btw my car all weekend was 100% usvta legal .
Tires/body /weight /driver /numbers
Even my paint I ran in the main had 3 numbers on it ...
25 (was the snowbirds 25th aniversery logo all 3 sides )
Maybe not in the spirit of the rules but legal

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 02-05-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Oh how racing could be in a better place if this was always true. Especially for those just starting. While the group a currently race with is willing to help. Those I met early on, that kept me from even looking into racing were the complete opposite.
I can't speak to your experience, but I will say, I've never seen that in all the places I've raced. I've been around the hobby for over 40 years, and I've only seen a handful of people that thought they were too good to help a "newbe".
Old 02-05-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
I can't speak to your experience, but I will say, I've never seen that in all the places I've raced. I've been around the hobby for over 40 years, and I've only seen a handful of people that thought they were too good to help a "newbe".
There’s a number here that have posted about it in another thread, about the future of on road. It’s in a way easy to understand how it happens. Tracks develop small groups of regulars that have been racing together for years. To someone just starting it’s like being an uninvited guest coming in. I’ve got one track that has had this reputation since I got in to the hobby in 2011. Don’t even post class, just wait to see who shows with what cars, then they decide. I do now know a few from my group that run there occasionally, I do plan to try this summer. There does seem to be a recent shift by some as they now seen smaller and smaller turnouts each week.

Its not exclusive to the racer side. I’m still relatively new to the racing side, don’t consider myself a racer yet. Not till I race outside the group. I’ve seen bashers just flat out lie about what they’ve done to cars. Or brush off some one asking questions.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im no “newbe” just havent raced much in the last couple years.. i was just looking for a base setup for vta with this new car i just built a starting point ive noticed alot of small differences than my old 2013 t4 but i think i got it figured out ... Battman Thanks... I didnt really know who all was running a 19 in Vta l know Jason Grahm has a 18 I would like to contact him .. I dont get to go to the track as much as i would like...
Old 02-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Crazy

There’s a number here that have posted about it in another thread, about the future of on road. It’s in a way easy to understand how it happens. Tracks develop small groups of regulars that have been racing together for years. To someone just starting it’s like being an uninvited guest coming in. I’ve got one track that has had this reputation since I got in to the hobby in 2011. Don’t even post class, just wait to see who shows with what cars, then they decide. I do now know a few from my group that run there occasionally, I do plan to try this summer. There does seem to be a recent shift by some as they now seen smaller and smaller turnouts each week.

Its not exclusive to the racer side. I’m still relatively new to the racing side, don’t consider myself a racer yet. Not till I race outside the group. I’ve seen bashers just flat out lie about what they’ve done to cars. Or brush off some one asking questions.

That’s crazy if you have people that don’t welcome racers or help them as much as they can . Or lie to them . When I hear stuff like this I make it a point to help those people beat anyone that has been a negative influence to the sport . Actually I was surprised to hear a racer was discouraged and told that because they had an associated that they could not be competitive because they weren’t running a xray like the group of racers . So with a little help the associated made the a main in a field of 20 fast usgt drivers . For anyone that hides stuff or lies I don’t get it I would rathe help someone and have a good battle than lie to them and have their race ruined and beat them by a lap .
That’s crazy if you have people that don’t welcome racers or help them as much as they can . Or lie to them . When I hear stuff like this I make it a point to help those people beat anyone that has been a negative influence to the sport . Actually I was surprised to hear a racer was discouraged and told that because they had an associated that they could not be competitive because they weren’t running a xray like the group of racers . So with a little help the associated made the a main in a field of 20 fast usgt drivers . For anyone that hides stuff or lies I don’t get it I would rathe help someone and have a good battle than lie to them and have their race ruined and beat them by a lap .
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Boomer likes this.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree with the post above. Not giving help because of chassis association in VTA is just ridiculous. VTA is the class open to ALL racers, regardless of platforms, to have fun. I am no VTA veterans but when my car is fast and someone come ask me for help, I give them help. VTA is making a comeback in my area and I told everyone my tricks to get them up to speed fast.
Boomer likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.