Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Old 06-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
After 1500 laps and almost 6 hours and a combined 11,000 total laps on the track, Team Boxstock was the winners in one of the most extreme VTA events ever put on. Taking home the 1st place trophy and part of the 50% payout was a small thing for the great event that was experienced.

Darkside and Thunder RC would like to thank all the teams that took the time to make this 1500 lap enduro special

1st Place 1500 laps
Team Box Stock-Protoform J71
Battman
Donald TQ
Eric G

2nd Place 1481 laps
Team Thunder-HPI-68 Camaro
Robert
Chuck
Brad

3rd Place 1436 laps
Team Road Block-Protoform-J71
Tommy
Evan
Eddie L

4th Place 1346 laps
Team Hobby Lobby-HPI-66 Mustang
Hayden
Chris
Christan

5th Place 1184 laps
Team Yellow-HPI-68 Camaro
Joe
Bubba
Twin

6th Place 1183 laps
Team A-Team-Protoform J71
Josh
Matt
Will(East TN)

7th Place 638 laps
Team Hotshots-HPI-65 Mustang
Brad
Peter
Byran

Thank you all and get ready for the 2012 US VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City ,USA coming Sept 21-23rd
AS ONE GUY SAID THAT WAS A BRUTAL RACE.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Hey everyone, I have a question, My Novak 25.5 it clicking pretty loud when its installed on the chassis with a good gear mesh. I replaced the bearings in the motor and its still clicking. At speed it seems to go away. I can hear it the loudest when I run the belt by hand or at about quarter throttle. It isn't effecting my performance...yet. I have no idea what is going on. It is considerably louder then the rest of my teams motors. If anybody knows whats wrong, could you please reply. If this has been addressed, I apologize in advance. Thank you.
Is your Novak 25.5 a Ballistic or a SS (silver can)? If it is a Ballistic you should be able to open the motor and look inside for any loose pieces that could be the cause of the clicking problem. Click on the attached pic to see an exploded view of the motor.
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-ballistic_exploded_view_ss.png
__________________________________________________ ________________________

----------->Click HERE to read more about the 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series
Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Is your Novak 25.5 a Ballistic or a SS (silver can)? If it is a Ballistic you should be able to open the motor and look inside for any loose pieces that could be the cause of the clicking problem. Click on the attached pic to see an exploded view of the motor.
Attachment 940129
__________________________________________________ ________________________

----------->Click HERE to read more about the 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series
I went over everything again. Took it outside and ran it, no lose of performance. I have no idea.

My next club race the damn thing will blow with 30 seconds left and the main.

Thanks for the input guys!! Appreciated!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey everyone, I have a question, My Novak 25.5 it clicking pretty loud when its installed on the chassis with a good gear mesh. I replaced the bearings in the motor and its still clicking. At speed it seems to go away. I can hear it the loudest when I run the belt by hand or at about quarter throttle. It isn't effecting my performance...yet. I have no idea what is going on. It is considerably louder then the rest of my teams motors. If anybody knows whats wrong, could you please reply. If this has been addressed, I apologize in advance. Thank you.
Take the pinion off and run the motor slowly, could be the spur gear hitting something ?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by trytowin
Take the pinion off and run the motor slowly, could be the spur gear hitting something ?
no lmao. I did that. I the only thing I can think of is literally the sound of the teeth meshing. When the rotor turns on one of the magnets ya know. I don't have Ultra sonic hearing so my guess is it being amplified by the aluminum motor mount. I know it sounds crazy but thats where I'm at with this.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

no lmao. I did that. I the only thing I can think of is literally the sound of the teeth meshing. When the rotor turns on one of the magnets ya know. I don't have Ultra sonic hearing so my guess is it being amplified by the aluminum motor mount. I know it sounds crazy but thats where I'm at with this.
he might be onto something...

when you put everything back together - does the pinion happen to be close to your upper deck? i'm not sure which chassis of yours you're running in VTA - but the cyclone TC should be good, not sure about the TC6.1

how big of a pinion are you running?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I was missing a single tooth (don't ask me how that can happen) on my spur on my old Sakura and it clicked when I drove. Took me a long while to figure it out as well.

I assume be this post that it does not make the sound when you have the pinion off? You can always try changing spurs as well.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by k_bojar
he might be onto something...

when you put everything back together - does the pinion happen to be close to your upper deck? i'm not sure which chassis of yours you're running in VTA - but the cyclone TC should be good, not sure about the TC6.1

how big of a pinion are you running?
I'm using a 60 tooth pinion on the 6.1. Its close to the upper deck but not touching at all... I'm gonna go to the Tc6.1 thread and ask some questions. Maybe this chassis is loud. I'm about to give up
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Suspended

[QUOTE=orcadigital;10913571]I was missing a single tooth (don't ask me how that can happen) on my spur on my old Sakura and it clicked when I drove. Took me a long while to figure it out as well.

I assume be this post that it does not make the sound when you have the pinion off? You can always try changing spurs as well.[/QUOTENo

Its quiet when the motor is off the chassis. Strange thing is it happens with all my combinations of pinion/spur. they are all brand new. weird man...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sorry guys I havent responded to pm's. emails, and texts on the Nats...Im working on it...stand by...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What about the length of the motor mount screws? That seems to be the only thing you haven't mentioned yet.

[QUOTE=Biggie85;10914621]
Originally Posted by orcadigital
I was missing a single tooth (don't ask me how that can happen) on my spur on my old Sakura and it clicked when I drove. Took me a long while to figure it out as well.

I assume be this post that it does not make the sound when you have the pinion off? You can always try changing spurs as well.[/QUOTENo

Its quiet when the motor is off the chassis. Strange thing is it happens with all my combinations of pinion/spur. they are all brand new. weird man...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think Pejota is on to something. If the mounting screws are too long, they will interfere with the armature.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nubie-wan
I think Pejota is on to something. If the mounting screws are too long, they will interfere with the armature.
6mm. Its what the manual calls for. Ill try 5mm or 4mm.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

HERE WE GO USVTA RACERS!!!!!!....LETS GET IT READY!!!!

TONS OF INFO STILL TO COME AND SPONSORS AND PRIZES, WITH THE MOST COMPETITION ANYWHERE!!!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...l#post10916866

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.