Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
How many of you race in multiple classes?
A few of our guys run usgt and vta. A couple run f1 as well. Some of us turned our vta rides into usgt cars but now we are thinking about building another car to race both. Usgt is just too much fun to change the car back. Need another chassis.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here in Dallas we have a big group (10 - 14) of guys who race VTA every Thursday night. We also have a large group of F1 racers who show up every other Saturday. It's interesting how the VTA group and the F1 group are mutually exclusive. To each their own.

--- Breaking News ---
The 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series has just finalized it's schedule. There will be 4 races:
#1 in Houston, TX on July 14,
#2 in Austin, TX on August 12,
#3 in Carrollton, TX on Sept. 9, and
#4 in Porter, TX on October 13.
A group of 6 VTA racers (known as the "VTA Voyagers") are planning to bring USVTA racing to each of the 4 cities in the On-road Series. Read more about these races at www.texaseos.net.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

----------->Click HERE to read more about the 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series
Old 06-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
How many of you race in multiple classes?
VTA is king in Omaha12-16 (20 we get pizza), USGT 6-8, mini 6-9, 1/12th spotty
I run VTA & USGT
F1 is trying to takeoff. 1st F1 series starts in August
Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Here in Dallas we have a big group (10 - 14) of guys who race VTA every Thursday night. We also have a large group of F1 racers who show up every other Saturday. It's interesting how the VTA group and the F1 group are mutually exclusive. To each their own.

--- Breaking News ---
The 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series has just finalized it's schedule. There will be 4 races:
#1 in Houston, TX on July 14,
#2 in Austin, TX on August 12,
#3 in Carrollton, TX on Sept. 9, and
#4 in Porter, TX on October 13.
A group of 6 VTA racers (known as the "VTA Voyagers") are planning to bring USVTA racing to each of the 4 cities in the On-road Series. Read more about these races at www.texaseos.net.

----------->Click HERE to read more about the 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series
Unfortunate man. were lucky enough to have a group where all racers hang out and talk together. The vta guys get help and advice from the usgt guys and the tc guys (there are only a few) are always talking to everyone. The f1 guys also talk to and help everyone. Of course it helps when 4 of your f1 guys run vta or usgt as well. Come to think of it about half of the vta racers run a second class. Its really only the new guys that run one class and a few of them are already eye bailing a usgt or f1 as a second class.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Unfortunate man. were lucky enough to have a group where all racers hang out and talk together. The vta guys get help and advice from the usgt guys and the tc guys (there are only a few) are always talking to everyone. The f1 guys also talk to and help everyone. Of course it helps when 4 of your f1 guys run vta or usgt as well. Come to think of it about half of the vta racers run a second class. Its really only the new guys that run one class and a few of them are already eye bailing a usgt or f1 as a second class.
It's not nearly as segregated as wwdw makes it seem. Everyone hangs out with everyone pretty much. We all pit together in the same area so it's not like each group is completely lonesome.

Also F1 is still a fledgling class at mike's, but it is growing. All of the other classes are a bit more established at this point in time.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Enduro

After 1500 laps and almost 6 hours and a combined 11,000 total laps on the track, Team Boxstock was the winners in one of the most extreme VTA events ever put on. Taking home the 1st place trophy and part of the 50% payout was a small thing for the great event that was experienced.

Darkside and Thunder RC would like to thank all the teams that took the time to make this 1500 lap enduro special

1st Place 1500 laps
Team Box Stock-Protoform J71
Battman
Donald TQ
Eric G

2nd Place 1481 laps
Team Thunder-HPI-68 Camaro
Robert
Chuck
Brad

3rd Place 1436 laps
Team Road Block-Protoform-J71
Tommy
Evan
Eddie L

4th Place 1346 laps
Team Hobby Lobby-HPI-66 Mustang
Hayden
Chris
Christan

5th Place 1184 laps
Team Yellow-HPI-68 Camaro
Joe
Bubba
Twin

6th Place 1183 laps
Team A-Team-Protoform J71
Josh
Matt
Will(East TN)

7th Place 638 laps
Team Hotshots-HPI-65 Mustang
Brad
Peter
Byran

Thank you all and get ready for the 2012 US VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City ,USA coming Sept 21-23rd
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyujmn
It's not nearly as segregated as wwdw makes it seem. Everyone hangs out with everyone pretty much. We all pit together in the same area so it's not like each group is completely lonesome.

Also F1 is still a fledgling class at mike's, but it is growing. All of the other classes are a bit more established at this point in time.
Yes, hyujmn is right. None of the on-road classes are segregated. What I meant to say by "mutually exclusive" is that there is not a single F1 driver who also drives VTA. In fact there were at least 2 former VTA drivers who sold their VTA cars and bought F1 cars. However VTA is still the most consistently growing class with the most frequent races of any on-road class.

Last edited by wwddww34; 06-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of my new VTA camaro body.

Let me know what you think!
forFREEDOM likes this.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JT1000
Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of my new VTA camaro body. Let me know what you think!
A very nice shade of green. It almost matches the wall in the background perfectly. Is that a Pactra spray paint color?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At our track almost everyone who races runs VTA, and then possibly some other class. I run VTA, USGT, and TCS Mini class. If F1 takes off again, I'll run that and drop the Mini class. (4 classes in a night is too much )
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That green looks sweet, it is my usual color But I went red for VTA with SS stripes like yours but on the trunk too.

Find some green anodized wheel nuts, I found red ones, and your car will look ultra sick!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

A very nice shade of green. It almost matches the wall in the background perfectly. Is that a Pactra spray paint color?

It's Pactra Metallic Green backed with Sprint White. It's a little darker in person, and I think the wall color maybe played tricks on the camera
Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Hey everyone, I have a question, My Novak 25.5 it clicking pretty loud when its installed on the chassis with a good gear mesh. I replaced the bearings in the motor and its still clicking. At speed it seems to go away. I can hear it the loudest when I run the belt by hand or at about quarter throttle. It isn't effecting my performance...yet. I have no idea what is going on. It is considerably louder then the rest of my teams motors. If anybody knows whats wrong, could you please reply. If this has been addressed, I apologize in advance. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biggie85
Hey everyone, I have a question, My Novak 25.5 it clicking pretty loud when its installed on the chassis with a good gear mesh. I replaced the bearings in the motor and its still clicking. At speed it seems to go away. I can hear it the loudest when I run the belt by hand or at about quarter throttle. It isn't effecting my performance...yet. I have no idea what is going on. It is considerably louder then the rest of my teams motors. If anybody knows whats wrong, could you please reply. If this has been addressed, I apologize in advance. Thank you.
Is it possible that you have a longer than normal set screw in your pinion and its hitting somewhere?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Is it possible that you have a longer than normal set screw in your pinion and its hitting somewhere?
No, I checked. It baffling me what it could be...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.