Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Wow who pushed rewind replay on this thread again? Back to batteries. Arguing about mah and c rating. If I remember the why can't I run this body argument comes next then the can we run a 21.5 argument after that. I guess its true. everything is circular an destined to end up right back where it started.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
It's not the quitting... it's the spending more money to *think* they will go faster. When they've finally wasted enough money and still don't go any faster, THAT'S when they quit.

You can inform them all you want. They won't believe you until they've wasted the money. Follow the rule and people can cross batteries off the list of things to worry about and waste money on.

Is this why your MIA
We can make a 40 mile ruel
And spot ya a lap or 2 if that will get you back on the track
Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
OMG....for crying out loud....Im going to learn to cut myself, AGAIN!!!

EA, both packs are new out the package....

hey guys this was just me testing a new battery that Reedy put out more or less for US VTA...just like the TC4 Club with the US VTA trim

Did you test these battries with the new steelie wheels
Lmao sorry I had 2
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why is their so much hostility in this thred ,i thought this class was sapose to be all about the fun. Let people ask their questions (even if they've been asked before) . If you dont want to answer them (again) dont .This thred always turns into the same couple guys crying around about people asking questions about the rules. Find me another form of racing where the rules arn't questioned, bet ya cant find one.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Wow who pushed rewind replay on this thread again? Back to batteries. Arguing about mah and c rating. If I remember the why can't I run this body argument comes next then the can we run a 21.5 argument after that. I guess its true. everything is circular an destined to end up right back where it started.
its okay....not everybody is up to speed and not everybody reads, or re-reads the info....and some just want to know if its going to change...no biggie....hey at least we get to share and discuss....

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Why is their so much hostility in this thred ,i thought this class was sapose to be all about the fun. Let people ask their questions (even if they've been asked before) . If you dont want to answer them (again) dont .This thred always turns into the same couple guys crying around about people asking questions about the rules. Find me another form of racing where the rules arn't questioned, bet ya cant find one.
its cool...and its just not that bad...ppl like to try and change things and simple answers normally get it done....but some ppl come on here to "pick" with others and get ppl going...nothing out of the norm...its just how ppl are...

the lipo test was for guys that are looking for a good "name" on a lipo and US VTA legal...I didnt care if it was better, I just wanted to make sure it was up to par...
Old 05-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

For anyone interested, I was in the middle of testing battery packs as this topic came up once again. I only have 5000 and 4000 mAh packs to play with. I used a Checkpoint 1030 and Duratrax Ice chargers set to a 10 amp discharge and recorded the average voltage at 600 seconds. I figure a 10 amp discharge at 10 minutes will be a close simulation of what we do in VTA minus the peak draws of hard acceleration.

My best 4000 mAh pack = 7.722V
My worst 5000 mAh pack = 7.813V
My best 5000 mAh pack = 7.901V

That difference of 1 or 2 tenths of a volt doesn't seem like much but I like to think of it the same as tenths of a second. Factor in that this is also a multiplier of the C rating and there is a real advantage to the higher mAh pack even if it is a small one. The difference between a 3800 and a 6500 is going to be much bigger. Maybe .5V. That would make the 3800 totally obsolete. At least with the 5000 mAh cap, the guy running a 3800 could still feel competitive as long as he realizes he has to be better than the "next guy" at suspension setup and driving in order to win.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
I think tires come after the body and before the 21.5 or the 1c 13.5 argument.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I think tires come after the body and before the 21.5 or the 1c 13.5 argument.
I would like to know why we run the treaded tires instead of the vintage slicks ?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trytowin
I would like to know why we run the treaded tires instead of the vintage slicks ?
Run the treaded tires enough and you will have your slicks to run!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trytowin
I am not sure how it GOT that way but it STAYS that way because it keeps us from having tire wars. Its closer to complete spec. And it keeps the rules consistent with the historical model. Wheels and tires from the 4cell days will still work.

Edit: I'm sorry I think I gave you a serious answer when you were probably asking a rhetorical question.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 05-27-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After reading 50 some odd pages I am now ready to start getting a VTA car. the only question I would have is will viper esc's be added to the rules?
Old 05-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeFrazer
After reading 50 some odd pages I am now ready to start getting a VTA car. the only question I would have is will viper esc's be added to the rules?
If they make one that has zero timing and zero boost and is not upgradable by software then it might get Robs consideration, but I know of no such Viper ESC that exist to date.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFrazer
If you already own a viper esc, it may be possible to use it. Some local clubs or track owners allow deviations from the national rules. The club or venue you plan to primarily race at may allow it, (if you agree to run it in a nonboosted "blinky" mode). You wouldn't be legal at larger races, but at least you could race locally. Ask the places you plan to race at what their rules are regarding escs. They might allow it, or allow a grace period of some lenght where you can use it, but eventually you have to get a legal esc.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

And you could use it on blinky at the ROAR Nats VTA, or any ROAR VTA race.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

since I am new to RC and I was going to purchase a new one for my SC10 I was going to swap it over when I got everything for the VTA. it seems like it would be easier to just get the club kit with motor and leave the RTR esc in the SC10. Thanks for your help. I want to be able to race anywhere i go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.