Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
The rs or rs pro will most likely never be allowed in USVTA. Nor will any other ESC tbat csn be taken out of blinky mode or have timing added. I think the question is whether the RS Spec with locked timing will be allowed. They are currently testing it and I am sure we will hear something very soon.
Just about everyone realizes that. The Tekin RS and RS Pro are not on the table for USVTA approval. Talking about it is a dead horse. Only the Tekin RS-Spec is up for consideration.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 01-28-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
The advantage of a USVTA approved speed control is for the race director and the other racers at the club level. This is so that don't have to worry IF another speed control is not in blinky. It's not an issue of ROAR calling them equal.
I'm late to the discussion, but I think nashrcracer's statement bears repeating, so I made the it bold in the above quote.

USVTA attempts to equalize the performance of the cars, including the ESC and other components.

ROAR does not test ESCs for performance equality. ROAR only tests ESCs to ensure that they have zero timing. There are no requirements or tests for on-resistance or other items that might be an advantage.

Last edited by howardcano; 01-28-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Any of the pro-Tekin people care to explain how it adds "value" to the series?

And if you're going to say "more people will run VTA" then I'm going call BS.

The infinitesimally small number of new racers to VTA due to new ESC isn't worth the potential issues even if the chances are .01%.

Anything else?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

heres my VTA TC 6.1 its only missing the body...hope it goes good with some help from a few local racer it should be set up properly...

Danny

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-ordinateur-001-2-.jpg
Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ROAR VTA I assume?...nice cause it is AE..j/k...glad you joining
Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

It can add value because if you look at the list a very large number of approved esc are no longer available. This would give racers more choice in an esc. I for one never liked any of the Novak ESC's. I had severe glitching issues and I never liked programming through blinking lights. Thats why I purchased a HW Justock. I like Tekin because of there customer support, so I have a RS Spec that I am running since my local track runs ROAR rules
Old 01-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash
I just got a new HW Justock in yesterday to replace my SP Revention that I killed. After reading over the paperwork I realized that it's functions are very simular to the SP esc.

It comes with the factory defaults set at;
Forward only w/ brake
10% Drag Brake
3.2 LV cutoff
Level 7 punch (out of 9)
75% Max brake force
0% initial brake force

My question is are you guys that are running the HW ESC just plugging and playing, or are you moving the factory defaults around? The only default I see that I might want to change may be the punch control ( from 7 up to 9).

I have the SP "multi esc programming box" that plugs into the esc, has anyone tried to use that on the HW esc since they are so simular, instead of trying to do it by the buttons/lights/tones?

The HW Justock is a very compact esc, comes with a fan already mounted, and has plenty of wire length for the battery and motor connections which is very nice. For $50 I feel I didn't go wrong with the purchase.
Question about this ESC. Is the punch level a similar feature to boost? If this is used for USVTA is this feature off while in Blinky mode?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

It can add value because if you look at the list a very large number of approved esc are no longer available. This would give racers more choice in an esc. I for one never liked any of the Novak ESC's. I had severe glitching issues and I never liked programming through blinking lights. Thats why I purchased a HW Justock. I like Tekin because of there customer support, so I have a RS Spec that I am running since my local track runs ROAR rules
That's value to YOU. How does it make the series better or stronger?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Question about this ESC. Is the punch level a similar feature to boost? If this is used for USVTA is this feature off while in Blinky mode?
NO. All punch is is how much throttle response that the ESC feeds the motor with the initial pull of the trigger. It in no way has anything to do with timing whatsoever, just how much beggining throttle the motor received to begin with. The WOT signal stays the same, timing stays "0".
Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All speed controls are available still. Just some on that list are no longer available new in package from the company. I don't mind using a used model if it keeps me legal. I think you're also excluding a large number of available speed controls because of a certain feature on most novaks. IMO I think VTA should only allow speed controls with absolutely no program features like the Novak Club Spec. Absolutely nothing to do on that speed control besides set it up with your receiver and go.

It's plenty fast enough to keep up with the best of them. I'm not even using a Ballistic 25.5 or Boss 25.5. Still running the SS Pro 25.5. I like to stick with the KISS system, Keep It Simple Stupid!. Makes it easier to focus on the chassis and my driving. Too many options can make things way more complicated then they need to be.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Im pretty sure I worded that in way that showed it could add value to the series. More choice from a company that is top rated in quality and customer service, not to mention it supports US jobs and growth as Tekin is a US based company.

The question is, why, when tested by the powers that be, the ESC proves to be on a level field with the rest, would you not want it added to the list?

Edit: If you cant buy it new from the company, to me that means no longer available. That doesn't mean you cant still find some new floating around at an obscure hobby shop somewhere, or get used ones in very good condition. I mean I can still get parts to restore my 77 Beetle, but they arent coming from Volks Wagon.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Im pretty sure I worded that in way that showed it could add value to the series. More choice from a company that is top rated in quality and customer service, not to mention it supports US jobs and growth as Tekin is a US based company.

The question is, why, when tested by the powers that be, the ESC proves to be on a level field with the rest, would you not want it added to the list?
I'm all for the Tekin if it can pass the testing and get legal. Being USA made explains the higher cost though. It's listed as the highest price out of all the speed controls currently listed on the USVTA website. Tekin Spec RS at $130 with the Novak 2s Edge 2nd at $115 (according to amain).

I still like the idea of no features period style speed controls. Go back to the days of old where speed controls had very few options. Just you, car setup, and good driving skills.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
ROAR VTA I assume?...nice cause it is AE..j/k...glad you joining
I live in Quebec Canada.they use basic VTA rules with 21.5 motor and any 2C Batt...
never ran sedan VTA cant whait to get it going...
Old 01-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
All speed controls are available still. Just some on that list are no longer available new in package from the company.
They are? Please show me where I can get a used LRP A.i. Brushless Reverse ESC, P/N LRP80100 or LRP80150. I really want to try this ESC in my VTA.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wwddww34
They are? Please show me where I can get a used LRP A.i. Brushless Reverse ESC, P/N LRP80100 or LRP80150. I really want to try this ESC in my VTA.
Gotta look for them. They are out there on occasion. Check out craigslist or ebay on a daily basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.