Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I believe that "consistency and transparency" is exactly what makes USVTA the fastest growing R/C race class in the USA, . Anybody can just Google "USVTA Rules" and find a very complete and consistent rule set that leaves no question about what it takes to race USVTA. Ernest talks about how nice it would be if all the race sanctioning bodies could all RUN THE SAME EXACT RULES. Those of us who race USVTA all across the USA already know how nice that is.
M O N E Y drives the direction of the RULES - and the PRODUCTS that are built and Sold.

USVTA (for On-Road) T.O.U.R. (for OVAL) are not "Organizations" (as a R.O.A.R.) is.

No true "SANCTION"
No "Profit" or $$$ Making in their general plan
Non "Insurance" Providing
and Not w/o controversy and/or conflict.

Ernie may say what he says - but like ALL MFG's - they HATE when "organizations" create rules that are fixated on ONE Brand of a product (That is unless it's THEIR product)

R.O.A.R. can't do that - so their "THOUGHT" is that they will create a level playing field w/ the use of RULES and GUIDELINES that ALL MFGs can adhere to. (Problem is - THEY ALL want to find GRAY Areas to exploit for Performance Advantages - OVER and OVER and OVER again.)

W/O this - the market will grow stagnant - sales will fall - companies will go OUT of BUSINESS - Hobbyshops and Tracks will close - and so on, and so on.

WE Need the $$$ (Spent in the other classes of R/C) to assure classes like USVTA can continue.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Body

Has anybody weighed the bodies? I just got a mustang body and its half the weight of a 68 Camaro.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

We tried that, although never wrote it down. Thing we noticed was that different runs of the bodies seemed to have different weights.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Has anybody weighed the bodies? I just got a mustang body and its half the weight of a 68 Camaro.
From what I've been told, the ProtoForm Javelin is the lightest of the VTA-legal bodies.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Are we really trying to get light weight bodies for VTA. I understand it will raise the cg a little, but every chassis but the older tub chassis needs weight added. I had to add 320 grams to my HPI Pro4 to get it to 1550. I am not worried about one body weighing more than another.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Are we really trying to get light weight bodies for VTA. I understand it will raise the cg a little, but every chassis but the older tub chassis needs weight added. I had to add 320 grams to my HPI Pro4 to get it to 1550. I am not worried about one body weighing more than another.
Ditto. I add so much weight in the form of dry wall tape and Shoe Goo that having a lightweight body means nothing to me.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Out of all the VTA bodies the HPI #7494 1968 Camaro is made out of the thickest plastic, 0.030" I believe, so it would be the heaviest and most durable VTA body. All the other HPI VTA bodies are made out of thinner plastic so they weigh less and are also less durable.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I actually love the Javelin body, but have trouble using it because it doesnt' weigh anything. Maybe he was trying to find out what bodies weigh, so he could get a heavier body.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Weight

Thank you I think I'm going to try the challenger next.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
M O N E Y drives the direction of the RULES - and the PRODUCTS that are built and Sold.

USVTA (for On-Road) T.O.U.R. (for OVAL) are not "Organizations" (as a R.O.A.R.) is.

No true "SANCTION"
No "Profit" or $$$ Making in their general plan
Non "Insurance" Providing
and Not w/o controversy and/or conflict.

Ernie may say what he says - but like ALL MFG's - they HATE when "organizations" create rules that are fixated on ONE Brand of a product (That is unless it's THEIR product)

R.O.A.R. can't do that - so their "THOUGHT" is that they will create a level playing field w/ the use of RULES and GUIDELINES that ALL MFGs can adhere to. (Problem is - THEY ALL want to find GRAY Areas to exploit for Performance Advantages - OVER and OVER and OVER again.)

W/O this - the market will grow stagnant - sales will fall - companies will go OUT of BUSINESS - Hobbyshops and Tracks will close - and so on, and so on.

WE Need the $$$ (Spent in the other classes of R/C) to assure classes like USVTA can continue.
+1
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

any of you Tamiya guys have a decent TA05v2R setup for racing in a parking lot? kinda sealed and fairly flowing track?

thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
After reading a blog entry by Ernest Provetti where he talks about discombobulation with all the racing rules amongst ROAR, EFRA, FEMCA, BRCA, JMRCA and IFMAR (See quote).

I believe that "consistency and transparency" is exactly what makes USVTA the fastest growing R/C race class in the USA, . Anybody can just Google "USVTA Rules" and find a very complete and consistent rule set that leaves no question about what it takes to race USVTA. Ernest talks about how nice it would be if all the race sanctioning bodies could all RUN THE SAME EXACT RULES. Those of us who race USVTA all across the USA already know how nice that is.
YES SIR + 1
most just want to about them and change them around to better serve themselves
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what VTA legal batteries are out there that have the nubs on the bottom of the pack? I need the nubs to keep my battery from sliding around in the chassis.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what chassis are you using?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Can anyone tell me what VTA legal batteries are out there that have the nubs on the bottom of the pack? I need the nubs to keep my battery from sliding around in the chassis.

Thanks,
Chad
Use some velcro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.