VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone? Help would be much appreciated...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lutz
Hi guys, I want to order a wildfire because I want to switch from top.
What spare parts and option parts would you recommend? And does anybody know if there are parts I can carry over from the photon ex to the wildfire? I mean parts I could use when I break something that I don't have as spare part by vbc but maybe from top. I have tons of top parts left over^^
Thanks for your help
Regards
Chris
Spares you will needs are Many Many Many steering knuckles and c hubs Or just switch over to the T3 ones and they are much better ( you have to file the c-hubs a little but they fit.

Get the Hard bumper, and Have fun.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, thanks for your answer :-) why do the steering knuckles break that easy?
Is it because the material is too hard? What is the hatd bumper for?
Does the kit include the double joint cvds or normal ones? Do I need some toe blocks or are they included in the kit? Stabilizers?
I saw there are wishbones in diffrent hardness. Which come in the kit and would others be better?
Sorry for all these questions, but I'm new to vbc :-)
Thanks in advance
Chris
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Their first gen knuckles had a weak spot and depending on your track when turning into a corner the front tire is exposed to impacts and this car really turns hard so you will hit the tire on objects. They have a newer version out that is stronger. The A-Arms in teh kit are very hard but you can get softer ones which will also help.

The hard bumper it to protect the suspension from hits. the hard one just protects better

CVD's are what comes with it and it comes with a selection of toe mounts I believe but I got one that was already built.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hm okay thanks for your help :-) I'll look for these parts. Any other recommendations on parts or useful tuning parts?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Lutz,

A few of the upgrades I found worthwhile:
Shock Upgrade Kit: The teflon pistons and nitride shafts make for some of the smoothest shocks around.
Two piece driveshafts: Remove the inside wheel chatter which occurs on the standard CVD.
Centre Servo Mount: Helps eliminate tweak by mounting the servo centrally.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much :-) yes this helps.
I've read that there are many different types of materials for different parts available. Are the stock ones the fastest or doesn't it matter and they are just different in durability?
Should I buy anything else than the mentioned option parts? Belts, chassis, plastics?
Sorry to bother you all too much.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Thank you very much :-) yes this helps.
I've read that there are many different types of materials for different parts available. Are the stock ones the fastest or doesn't it matter and they are just different in durability?
Should I buy anything else than the mentioned option parts? Belts, chassis, plastics?
Sorry to bother you all too much.
I would buy some of the type r belts, the stock ones are like plastic. Also you could pick up the e25 rear tow plate as a tuning option. Also the sway bar kit for the front and rear, those are great tuning options.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the answer :-)
Now I've just noticed that vbc has a new kit with several tuning parts integrated^^

http://www.vbcracing.com/collections...-d-05-vbc-0071

I believe if I buy this one I just need the plastic spare parts? And the toe blocks and belts of course.
Did someone try the double joint cvds with a mod motor or a 10.5 yet?
Do they last long or will they break easy?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Now I've just noticed that vbc has a new kit with several tuning parts integrated^^

I believe if I buy this one I just need the plastic spare parts? And the toe blocks and belts of course.
Yes, the new 'team' kit has all the hop ups included. But as previously stated, depending on your type of track you will need parts like:

C- hubs
Spindles
Arms

Now that the 'team' kit comes with the upgraded belts, you won't need to replace the kit belts. (but would be good to have a rear belt spare)

Also, it's a good idea to get the c-hub bushings (if the c-hub breaks and you lose them on the track).

I have been running the car in mod on large outdoor tracks and yet to break a single part due to crashing. But did break rear belts (even the upgraded ones, but that's part and parcel of mod racing). The DCJ cvds are awesome! They are tough as and they are a captured pin design (no grub screws)!!!

HTH...
Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Lutz,

IMO, the Team Kit looks like what you need, includes all the options listed above. I would also order spare suspension parts just in case and some belts.

Agreed, with a previous post, the two part drive shafts are durable and no need for concern there.

I think its a great kit, looking forward to hear how things go.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Alright, thanks for your help guys :-)
So now is the time come to sell all my old cars and switch to the vbc :-)
You've helped me alot and hope to get my new ride soon :-)
Thanks again
Old 01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

what type of servo saver are you guys running on your vbc?
I put a small kimbrough ss on and i could not get the linkage to go all the way to the right,left was fine,so I put the stock servo arm on the servo,now i get steering in both direction,but no protection from wall hits on the wheel area.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by roadkill
what type of servo saver are you guys running on your vbc?
I put a small kimbrough ss on and i could not get the linkage to go all the way to the right,left was fine,so I put the stock servo arm on the servo,now i get steering in both direction,but no protection from wall hits on the wheel area.
Hey roadkill,

I am also running the small Kimbrough SS and had the same problem. I made a small nick in the SS where it would touch the steering pivot to allow more travel. This seems to work well. Servo is protected and L/R steering swing reaches the stops in the hubs.

All the best.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I am currently running the xray stiff servo saver without any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.