Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stro3579
What sway bar options does the wildfire have?
Setup sheet says 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4... so I'm guessing that's it. I was running the Xray 1.5 tonight...
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Also, I'm going to attempt to modify the Wildfire PDF Setup sheet to include forms similar to other brands... and then I'll post it here for others to use, if you choose. It's going to take some time because it lacks some of the tuning options that I was using, so I want to add them in too, which takes a bunch of time.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know how the optional arm plastic options relate to the Xray plastics? I see on CRC's site there are soft, medium and hard (I guess the stock?). Would that be equivaent to medium, hard and extra-hard on the Xray side?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
Also, I'm going to attempt to modify the Wildfire PDF Setup sheet to include forms similar to other brands... and then I'll post it here for others to use, if you choose. It's going to take some time because it lacks some of the tuning options that I was using, so I want to add them in too, which takes a bunch of time.
That would be cool if you could do that. I noticed the setup sheet is really lacking in info. I don't know how or have the program to make any changes though.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
Anyone know how the optional arm plastic options relate to the Xray plastics? I see on CRC's site there are soft, medium and hard (I guess the stock?). Would that be equivaent to medium, hard and extra-hard on the Xray side?
the soft arms are really soft...I dont think xray medium is that soft...
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
the soft arms are really soft...I dont think xray medium is that soft...
I'm going to try the medium then. I really think the hard is too brittle. I tapped a board on a relatively slow section of the track and ripped an A-arm in half. And yes, I tap the boards on occasion.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Order soft.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well i was finally able to come to a decision and ordered a wildfire

im going to have questions so please bear with me.
i want to order some parts. ill be running in 17.5 blinky, do i need to start with the two piece joint drive axle stuff? that determines if i use a used motor i have or get a new motor for the car since i dont have an unlimited budget

also i have a question about the set up that was posted a few posts ago i think it was nitrobeast as i dont understand droop terminology that well. when the droops is stated as "Droop 2.5mm above ride height" if the ride height is 5 does that mean i want the end of the arms at 7.5 while the car is resting on the ground or if i put the car one those 10 mm measure blocks i want the end of the arms at 12.5?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Selling my Wildfire

Last edited by Marcos.J; 09-29-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: change
Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

another question please
i was looking at the manual and on page 8. that m5x11 eclip part VBC-0085
i dont see it on the crc parts lists. for some reason i have had bad luck with e clips and try to keep spares around. i would like to have a few of these eclips around just incase. any one know of a differant brand possibly that would work?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by apriliamille
well i was finally able to come to a decision and ordered a wildfire

im going to have questions so please bear with me.
i want to order some parts. ill be running in 17.5 blinky, do i need to start with the two piece joint drive axle stuff? that determines if i use a used motor i have or get a new motor for the car since i dont have an unlimited budget
I will assume based on this question that you haven't run a TC in a while, so I will say that it is highly recommended to buy the two-piece joint drive axles (commonly called ECS, the Xray name for 'em). You don't NEED them to run, you can run with the axles as they are, but they definitely shave time.

You can see why where: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S95NcOxug

also i have a question about the set up that was posted a few posts ago i think it was nitrobeast as i dont understand droop terminology that well. when the droops is stated as "Droop 2.5mm above ride height" if the ride height is 5 does that mean i want the end of the arms at 7.5 while the car is resting on the ground or if i put the car one those 10 mm measure blocks i want the end of the arms at 12.5?
I know of three ways to measure "droop" on a car.

The first method is what I use... put the car on 10mm blocks, and use the corresponding droop gauge to measure how far the bottom of the upright measures from the board. The droop gauge has a 0mm mark at 10mm above the setup board, so if it reads 2mm as you slide it under the upright, it will actually be 12mm above the board. This is done without any tires on.

The second method that nitrobeast uses. He uses his tires and settles the car on the setup board. He measures ride height (say it's 5mm). To measure droop, he will raise the chassis on either the front or back of the car while the arms drop until the tires are just about to come off the ground. Then he will remeasure the height of the car off the chassis. So when he says 2.5mm over ride height, he means his ride height is 5mm, and his droop will allow his car to be up to 7.5mm over ride height.

The third method a lot of people use for offroad. They measure the total length of the shock from center of the top screw hole to the center of the bottom screw hole. This gives them a droop setting. In offroad, it will be something like 123mm, but on onroad the equivalent would be something like 61mm.

It's mostly about preference and tools available. The way I do it requires droop blocks and gauge, figure about $30 from HUDY or $15 from Integy. The second option, used by nitrobeast, requires only a ride height gauge. The third method uses a caliper, but like I said, I only really see this method used in offroad.

I would think converting from option 1 to option 3 would be easy because they are essentially static values. With option 2, however, because it relies on how the car settles, which are affected by spring rate, shock oil, and piston, I don't think you can directly convert to a similar setting under option 1 or option 3.

That being said, none of the options are *wrong* per-say... they are just different. You should fine the method you like and do it that way... and if you find a setup that uses a different method, you can always use *their* method to set the droop and the measure it using *your* method to see how it relates.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by apriliamille
another question please
i was looking at the manual and on page 8. that m5x11 eclip part VBC-0085
i dont see it on the crc parts lists. for some reason i have had bad luck with e clips and try to keep spares around. i would like to have a few of these eclips around just incase. any one know of a differant brand possibly that would work?
It's a standard eclip, used on Xray and other brands as well I believe. The equivalent Xray part number is 965050. It's just a 5mm clip, most LHS's will have something similar to use.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

In addition to my droop write-up... I was just measuring my car. It is measuring at +2mm on the 10mm droop gauge. When I put the tires on, let it settle... ride height is 5.2mm. When I lift the car to check droop using nitrobeast's way, the droop is somwhere between 7.5 and 8mm on my ride height gauge (so approx 7.75mm) which means I'm at 2.5mm droop using his method.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

thank you for the answers and the droop explanation. i havent run tc at all, this will be my first season and will be doing tc, 1/10 pan and a random 18r when im in the mood. none of my offroad cars have droop screws so i never messed with them (my hara never got finished to mess with it. its a shelf queen atm). my gt2 we didnt do much with them we just made sure they had the same drop on each side when the wheels were lifted off the ground by the shock tower

edit.. wow just watched that video. interesting
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys, anywhere I can download the manual for this car? I did a search but can't find any relevant data;

http://www.google.com.my/webhp?sourc...&bih=683&ion=1

Let me know, thanks!

*Answered my own question -.-"

http://www.vbcracing.com/pages/support

Last edited by cheapskate.brok; 09-30-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.