Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Me and WYD with the same car........I bet he sells his before I sell mine
Old 07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
By the time I run mine at the Tri County race yours will be gone. In all honesty I can't wait to run touring cars again. I been looking for awhile at cars but once I saw this car was carried by a distributor our shop uses it was an easy deceision after that.

Can't wait to build this car and get it all setup. Good thing I kept all my touring gauges and setup stuff. Hope to catch you soon.

Did you get your car fully built yet? It looks like a really nice kit with everything needed to dial it in.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Might have to call a few friends and the Tri Country race, they should be able to pick up a couple nearly new cars for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

WYD, the car is all ready to go First race this weekend at GB with all the local fast guys. It builds up nice, not a lot of hand fitting parts or shimming out slop. The plastic parts used on this car seem different, not the same ol material used by most everything else out there....looking forward to seeing how it works. When you get yours PM me so we can talk shop....
Attached Thumbnails VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.-vbc.jpg  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

$5 says you sell first ....

Originally Posted by fastasu2
Might have to call a few friends and the Tri Country race, they should be able to pick up a couple nearly new cars for me.
Holy crap a fastasu2 sighting! Im sure robbie has you on speed dial when the firesale happens
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

WYD, the car is all ready to go First race this weekend at GB with all the local fast guys. It builds up nice, not a lot of hand fitting parts or shimming out slop. The plastic parts used on this car seem different, not the same ol material used by most everything else out there....looking forward to seeing how it works. When you get yours PM me so we can talk shop....
Goodluck. First lets hope for no rain and then that the car works good. I will hit you up as soon as I get my car and built.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by fastasu2
I can't help but to laugh as it could be true.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I'm hoping for a reasonable showing when I come out to race. IF the car works pretty decent and the driver don't I can live with that. Looking to have a good time.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Got to look at Teaches new Wildfire at a local track this weekend. They where running indoor carpet and was his first outting with the car.

Teach overall I think the car looked really good and was getting better with every run. I think it might need a little change of gearing but after watching I think I'm going to be happy with this car.

Overall up close the car is very trick looking. Now waiting for my car to arrive is going to suck more but will be worth it. I hope to get it all built by the weekend as long as it is here by Friday. I did already by some new front driveshafts so it won't chatter with the spool in. Looks to be the only realy hopup I need to get started.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where I live vta is the big class, but we run 1cell blinkey 17.5 at 1280g on carpet. I'm considering buying this car to replace my ancient yokomo. My only concern is can I get the chassis soft enough, anybody have any experience in trying to get flex out of this car.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Well I finally got to run the car yesterday for the first time... Outdoor racing got rained out so needless to say my first day with the car was on carpet. Not really having a carpet setup to work with I started with settings that I've found to work on other cars. Right out the gate the car had a boat load of steering and seemed to be too stuck. Working with a few of the local fast guys, I played with the roll centers and shock positions to get the car where it was planted with good steering but more important consistent. I got my lap times down to within 6 tenths of the fast guys. (...not all that spectacular for most, but on par for me)

I did break a rear arm, shock end and hinge pin when I got hit by one of the local scrubs...jp MW. All jokes aside I think the parts I broke would have been broken on any car based on how I got hit. My only complaints with the car are that you have to sand the front shock tower to get the body down to a normal height and when running a 96 tooth 64 pitch spur it's hard to get to the motor screws. All in all I think the car is going to be good.

Last edited by The Teacher; 07-23-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Teach on thMazda 6at front shock tower do you mean that it hits the Mazda 6 body when you try to run it in a lower postion on the body mount?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I was checking the order for the shop a few minutes ago and looks like my car is on its way. My shop owner sent the order a few minutes ago so looks like Wed or Thur my new Wildfire will be in. This means Friday and Sat will be bulding days. Means I will get my car built in plenty of time before my first race.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I have my fingers and toes crossed as I hope when I get to the hobbyshop tonight that the Horizon order shows up so I can get my new Wildfire tonight and if it don't then I know for sure it will be here Thursday. i always hate waiting for my stuff to come into the shop.

Once its here the building will begin. First will be the chassis prep and CA the edges and then the rest of the building will start.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just finished the built
It went well no issue's I read a member was having a small issue mounting M6 Speed.
I had no issue & body is slammed
well be testing it indoor next weekend
Attached Thumbnails VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.-vbc.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.