Community
Wiki Posts
Search

muchmore power supply.. any help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think his problem also when you switch off the power supply, it will off then go on again then off again. sometimes the on off sequence is more than once. thus u you'll see the led blinking after you switch off the power supply or if you still have equipment plug into the power supply they will go on and off.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

KilRuf: Thanks for the input. I'll have a peek at the solder joints on mine tonight.

Flam3b0y: I had taken what you have described as something normal with the MM Power Master WE because it acts like that whenever I turn off the switch every since I got my unit (new).

---------------

The on-off-on-off thing that I experience occasionally is while the power supply is on (and is in operation) and I am using 2 Ice chargers with a CTXD2 at the track.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kilruf: I opened up my Much More Power Master World Edition 2 (24A) last night but I didn't go farther. Too many things to remove before I can check the underside of the PCB. What I did was just "play" the AC cord connector around to see if the power supply would turn off. No, it didn't.

---------------

Anyone from Much More who can answer my questions???
Old 12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, I don't recommend taking the case apart. You may void the warranty if there is one. Plus you can get a good shock if you are not careful. I'm used to playing with electronics. Plus I don't give 2cents about warranties.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys, does the power master worlds edition2 common to have problems?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I got a question for everyone that uses the MM power supply...

I have been using one for over a year now no problem. At the Birds it started to act up. I get Supply error when charging packs.

I sent it back to Hobby Services, got it back plugged it in....same thing. I called them, was told to send it back.

I did. Called just now and talked to the tech. who tells me that when he test MY PS and a new one that they both test out w/ the same info.

Before sending mine in I did try it at another track, at home and even charged off of a different PS with no problem. So I know its the PS.

Here is the Real question, Does anyone charge 2 packs at more than 7 amps at once w/ the MM PS???

The Tech is telling me that a 24 amp MM PS is not able to handle 14-16 amps for more than 10 mins at a time... Funny thing I have been using it for over a year like that with no problems.

Its hard for me to think I am the only person who has ever tried to charge 2 packs at once with a MM PS! LOL
Old 04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Here is the Real question, Does anyone charge 2 packs at more than 7 amps at once w/ the MM PS???

The Tech is telling me that a 24 amp MM PS is not able to handle 14-16 amps for more than 10 mins at a time... Funny thing I have been using it for over a year like that with no problems.

Its hard for me to think I am the only person who has ever tried to charge 2 packs at once with a MM PS! LOL
I have had the same type of issues with mine, but I also have the CTXD hooked up. I never gor a "supply error", but I have had it overload at only 18A's. I eventually got sick of it tripping out, and got the Integy 36A, and have had 0 issues since making the switch. I charged 3 packs at 8A w/ it yesterday, no issues.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use the MM for 2 years

2 CTX-C 6A each (+warmers or coolers depending the weather)
1 CTX-D
1 CTX-W

and never had any issue (unless there was a fluctuation in power from the track)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jobo_ph
I have the Much More Power Master Worlds Edition.

On two or three occasions at the racetrack, I experienced my power supply doing an on-off-on-off thing (like blinking).

I'd turn the power supply switch off then back on and then I can use it again. Sometimes, the on-off-on-off thing happens again after toggling the switch off then on and running my equipment.

I run 2 Ice chargers and the CTXD2 on this power supply.

What does this mean?

Am I overloading the power supply?

Or is the power supply overheating?

I never experience this when I am using my power supply at home so my guess is, it is overheating.

The fan is said to be IC controlled. Should fan speed be increasing if temps inside the case go higher?

Is there a way for me to make the fan speed slightly faster than normal?
I just experienced same problem. I wanted to charge 2 4S packs at 10amps each. Charger can do it no problem off a car battery however after about 1 minute the Muchmore resets.

I tried 8amps with same results.

It seems it can't handle the 24 amps that it should.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

More testing, I can do it at 6amps for each pack however after about 20 minutes I got an error on the charger stating there was an incorrect voltage input.

I sent MM an email. See what can be done...