Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 owners who had TC3

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

After the race, I knew the stock class was won by the TC3 (steven from Trackside...congrat anyway).........I am not sure AE will post the result on their own site.....?
I am just wondering what AE will said....? A win from AE...? I am sure they do not want to called out "TC3" a win cause that will hurt their TC4 sales....

But I too wondering how come a lot of them are changing back to TC3 at Cleveland...

Too bad for those team drivers, they just cannot switch back to TC3 unlike those individual or sponcered drivers....
Old 12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default According to AE....

there's nothing wrong with the car people! Everything is just fine! I got nothing but a flame job when I talked about it.

Stogie, man, I right there with you. Can't put my finger on it. I'll keep trying, but a Pro 4 looks to be on the horizon.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I suppose we can tell ninja #32 that his mission in Ohio was successful....
Old 12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

So what, there is like half a dozen on this thread that like the TC-4
Old 12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: According to AE....

Originally posted by RCknight
there's nothing wrong with the car people! Everything is just fine! I got nothing but a flame job when I talked about it.

Stogie, man, I right there with you. Can't put my finger on it. I'll keep trying, but a Pro 4 looks to be on the horizon.
That seems to be AE's stance lately... If something's not right, it's not their fault, it's yours....

Not a TC, but an AE product here.... I got an MGT... Had more problems with it than I ever had with any other truck.... Then again I broke more parts on my T4 than I ever did on my origional 10T....

I still hate Losi but may soon be going elsewhere for my RC's....
Old 12-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Whoa .....to think that I was thinking of pickin' this car up when I was at my lhs. Peeps talkin' bout suspension slop, defective diff gears, replacing the cha$$is, bearing$, & shock$......
I'll just keep my money till Jan.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for all of the input...and since no one listed any real improvements to the car, guess Ill hold off..and atleast see what it does at the local track..
Thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are running stock, I dont think there is a car that is as fast ( or at least that is this fast AND easy to drive) as the TC3. The mod classes may eventually come around, but I know that im not getting rid of mine and dont plan to any time soon.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

As a former TC3 owner I have to say I do not miss that car at all! And after seeing the TC4 I'm really glad I switched to Xray. The TC3 Has it's good points but the flaws in the design out weighed them, like a previous post said Asscociated made the TC4 with the basher in mind not the racer. I think they should have called it TC3.5.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Give the car some time. How many of us really know how to set a car up? However I do agree that AE seems to be slipping a little as far as fitting issues go. It seems like all other cars are getting to be more precise while AE seems to think otherwise.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default It seems the pro drivers are having...

trouble getting it dialed and still no set up sheets posted on their website.

Tpalen...give us an update?
Old 12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Stogie
At the moment, I find the TC4 to be a real challenge. I'm running foam on carpet, though, so maybe people running rubber tire outdoors are having better experiences - I can only hope.

On the drawing board, it does look like a "better" (and I use that term loosely) design, but I'm having a very difficult time getting the car to run fast out of the corners. It has this nasty on-power push that I can't get rid of. I have such an absurd setup on the car just to get it in the ballpark, and there's still a long way to go. Experimenting with everything from roll centers to swaybars to swapping the toe-blocks all around from front to rear and back again to try and find the magical combination - the normal logic I got accustomed to with the TC3 doesn't seem to apply with this chassis.

Of course, I think back and I'm sure it took weeks to get really comfortable with the TC3... and I'm only at 6 weeks with the TC4 now, 3 of which with full option parts available.
I'm also running the car on carpet, in mod. I bolted the front swaybar on today and it helped the car tenfold.

I was having similar problems to you, and arrived at the following setup:

front: 35wt, #3's, purple, second from outside on tower, inside on arm, inside on inner camber link mount, one shim. 4 deg caster, outside hole on steering hub, no spacers under arm mounts.

rear: 30wt, #3's, purple, outside on tower and arm, inside on inner camber link with one washer under ballstud, 2.5 deg rear toe block, and O block in front of that. I am also running pro-squat in the rear to help the car rotate, by using the smallest shim under the 2.5 block.

I changed a few things today and arrived at this setup, it seems like the car is finally working. Hopefully it will continue to tomorrow.

That is with Jaco dbl pink/org fronts, dbl pink rears. Battery is forward. 5.5mm droop front, 5mm rear, with 57.5mm tires, adjust according to tire size (.5mm per mm change in tire).

Josh
Old 12-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Moonman...

I have to agree and disagree. Cars like the Pro 4 and Tamiya 415 have slightly larger arms, slightly larger c-hubs and wheel knuckles. The arms are bigger than a TC3/4, but they are molded carbon. I think this is the better way. Making them stronger, but yet they are as light or lighter than the smaller stock TC3/4 counter part. A carbon part that is stonger than a plastic one. Just my theory. Anyone weigh the difference between a TC3/4 plastic arm and a Tamiya one?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

well when the tc3 first came out was it 100% perfect? probally not, im not sure
the tc4 just came out not to long ago, so give it time maybe and stuff will happen

so i guess i still dont know what to get tc4 or tc3
Old 12-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I say get one and see for yourself what the car does in your hands.

You never know until you try for yourself.. I mean honestly I have seen bad things abotu every car on the net and I wont say anything bad about them unless I had a problem with it. ( times out of 10 the car just doesnt fit a persons driving habits. They get into the mold of doing something and absoluetely resist change...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.